30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm heading out to check if they've gone to 75% today or not.  Probably be an hour until I can report in.  Maybe less.

50% signage was still up and everything I would have bought at 75% was gone so didnt bother getting price checked since im in a hurry. Good luck anyone else who wants to check.

Their current weekly ad runs for 2 weeks so it would not surprise me if the drop doesn't happen until the 23rd.

I have to swing by a Big Lots today to grab some household stuff. I'll ask about another price drop while I'm there if no one finds out sooner.

That's odd. I got Yakuza Dead Souls at my Big Lots for $5 on 1/29/2014. Looking at receipt right now. It just says HV GAMING CASES RATED M where the game name would be, though.
At one point my store had Yakuza Dead Souls for both 18.88 & 10. I think they had copies from two different batches of game shipments to them hence the different prices.

Still 50% off for me as well, rats. There were off-brand PS3 controllers for $15 I hadn't seen before and I thought they would be half off, but no cigar on that. Wish I had least saw it during that 20% off?

BAIT & SWITCH!!!!!

Those 10+ copies of Cubic Ninja are just dying to be no longer ignored...

The 10+ copies of Splinter Cell 3D, however...those will be sadly neglected until 90% off strikes...

The store I went to today had few games left. I picked the last copy of NFS: Hot Pursuit (PS3) for $9.44. From the looks of it they were picked clean on most of the good ones. The only other PS3 games I saw worth buying were Yakuza: Dead Souls, MC: LA Complete, Shift 2: Unleashed. 

I tried looking earlier and I couldn't even find video games.  I found "electronics" and saw movies but didn't see a single game or where they would even be.

I tried looking earlier and I couldn't even find video games. I found "electronics" and saw movies but didn't see a single game or where they would even be.
Their location in the stores isn't always consistent. I've seen them in the electronics section endcaps, their own areas, displayed inside the glass counter at checkout in one store, and have seen some of the bundles (like the Tony Hawk bundles) in the toy section. Plus, in the case of one store here, all of the games were moved to a shelf in the budget movie rack because of the sale/clearance. Probably worth asking someone if you can't find them.

I wish I could find those Skylanders 3ds games people have found at their Big Lots. I've seriously have been to almost all the Big Lots stores in Houston/surrounding areas and not seen it once. I just got Skylanders Swap Force for XB1, and I'm having a blast with it. Really wanted that. :(

I tried looking earlier and I couldn't even find video games. I found "electronics" and saw movies but didn't see a single game or where they would even be.

Their location in the stores isn't always consistent. I've seen them in the electronics section endcaps, their own areas, displayed inside the glass counter at checkout in one store, and have seen some of the bundles (like the Tony Hawk bundles) in the toy section. Plus, in the case of one store here, all of the games were moved to a shelf in the budget movie rack because of the sale/clearance. Probably worth asking someone if you can't find them.
I stopped at two stores yesterday. One of them, I walked the entire store and they had zero games. The other one had crap left, the only thing left was five copies of Binary Domain for PS3, Modern Warfare :360: and Michael Phelps :360:. The rest was :DS: :3DS: junk and a few of those crappy Intec Wii Fit boards.

I stopped at two stores yesterday. One of them, I walked the entire store and they had zero games. The other one had crap left, the only thing left was five copies of Binary Domain for PS3, Modern Warfare :360: and Michael Phelps :360:. The rest was :ds: :3ds: junk and a few of those crappy Intec Wii Fit boards.
That´s good. You would have just bought everything anyway to resell rather then letting people who actually want to play the games.

That´s good. You would have just bought everything anyway to resell rather then letting people who actually want to play the games.
Woah, where the fuck did that come from? I think you have me confused with one of the resident hoarders/flippers, unless you just made that assumption based on the fact I sell on Amazon. Believe it or not, I buy most of my games to keep and play either for myself, fiance or kids, but will list them for sale if I'm having a slow month otherwise and need to make up the income.

Are you guys asking the employees if they have any games? Don't just assume they don't before you ask. I have a few stores in the area who don't seem to have any games, until I ask if they do and are directed to them.

I'm really starting to feel like 75% off is going to hit this week or next.  Every Big Lots employee I've talked to over the past few days has told me that clearance prices drop ever 2-3 weeks and since we're already on week 3 (I think) of 50% off I would be shocked if it doesn't drop by sometime next week.

I'm really starting to feel like 75% off is going to hit this week or next. Every Big Lots employee I've talked to over the past few days has told me that clearance prices drop ever 2-3 weeks and since we're already on week 3 (I think) of 50% off I would be shocked if it doesn't drop by sometime next week.
It better lol. I'm trying to get swimming lessons from Micheal Phelps but only for $2.50.

It better lol. I'm trying to get swimming lessons from Micheal Phelps but only for $2.50.
Yeah lol, there are a ton of things I'm waiting on ATM.

At 75% off I'm planning on getting (at least).

Splinter Cell 3DS for $2.50

Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs for $3.75

Yakuza Dead Souls for $2.50

2 or 3 of the Goldeneye's with the Golden Controller for $7.50 each

I might even pick up a few games I already own just to have them sealed for my own collection down the road. It's going to be a glorious day.

Aww if only half.com still accepted trade ins lol I remember trading in that game for $50 a piece lol
Oh man that was amazing. Target had them for like $10 at the time, some even had then clearanced for $5. I think I made a solid $400 on that. The only find/flip I ever had that was better was when I found 3 copies of the "50 years of the Avengers comics" dvd's at a Half Price Books clearance sale for $3 each and sold them for $300 each on eBay.

Oh man that was amazing. Target had them for like $10 at the time, some even had then clearanced for $5. I think I made a solid $400 on that. The only find/flip I ever had that was better was when I found 3 copies of the "50 years of the Avengers comics" dvd's at a Half Price Books clearance sale for $3 each and sold them for $300 each on eBay.
yea I remember always checking video games sale every week to half.com trade in value lol there trade in values were just to high to ignore which is probably why I think they went broke lmao cause my last shipment with half.com when it was still active took like a month and a half to complete

Real slim pickings at my local store today but I got Dragon Age 2 for 9.44 & Hitman Absolution for 6.44. I was happy.

Picked up Shift 2: Unleashed for $9.44, I was hoping they still had MLCA: Complete for the same price but it was gone. I still haven't checked the two stores closest to me to see if the have anything decent left.

bread's done
Back