30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: It was bugging me why ViolentLee's profile picture looked so familiar. Every time I saw it, I though "I know that dude from somewhere." It must have been because I saw you on Attack of the Show a long while back. :shock: I hardly ever missed a single episode. I've always wondered what it would be like to do The Loop live. I just watched a video online from 2006 and you did a really great job.
Appreciate the shout-out, bud. I wrote a lot for X-Play, but was only on that one Loop and a few Filters.
It's funny how they make it look like we're via satellite, but everyone's in the same room.
I was sad G4 went away - and I had long since stopped being a game journalist. It's even sadder that GQ Channel or whatever didn't even technically replace their cable channel. I always had a lot of respect for Adam. Blair is a good dude too, and they had a great crew of journos and producers.

The employee who checked me out ended up ringing up 20/22 games and then counted the games only to realize that she missed two of them. So, she just reached back into the bag and grabbed a game off the top and rang it up two more times to get to 22 total. Lucky for me, it was a $2.50 game.  The receipt also has 5 entries of "HV Gaming Cases X360", so I'm not sure on exact prices for a lot of the games.  My total was $73.89 after tax and I didn't pay more than $4.72 for any game.  Happy hunting, fellow CAGs!

:ds:

Professor Layton Unwound Future

Drawn to Life: The Next Chaper

I Spy Game Pack (Another purchase that I wouldn't have made if I had gone by myself :/)

:3ds:

Shinobi

Cubic Ninja

Super Street Fighter

Splinter Cell 3D

:ps3:

Yakuza: Dead Souls

:wii:

Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Selects)

:360:

The Biggest Loser

Michael Phelps 

Bejeweled 3

Dragon Age II

Minute to Win It

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Micoach

Tony Hawk: Shred (Game Only)

Prototype 2 (With Slipcover)

Puss & Boots

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

Supremacy MMA

Midway Arcade Origins

Here's my gets:

Xbox 360

-Halo Wars $4.72

-Bulletstorm $4.72

Nintendo 3ds

-Splinter Cell 3d $2.50

-Tetris Axis $3.75

Nintendo Wii

-Residen Evil:TUC Shot Blaster $3.00

Saw some other titles as well but nothing that jumped out at me.  Couldn't force myself to want Saint's Row 3 even at $4.72.  I liked the first one but after that to me the franchise just went off course into absurdity but I know that's the appeal of it now.

Going to have family check a few other stores for me and report on what they find.

EDIT: I also noticed while in line to check out that all dvds were marked between 30-70% off depending on the color sticker they have.  Wonder if the store is dropping also disc media now? 

Hit up Arcadia; I got :360: Army of Two The 40th Day for 4.72 and :3ds: Shinobi $2.50.
Making one last mad dash to Duarte right now!

7:06 now, I'm going to try go run to 2 of them real quick. I'll go to the rest tomorrow Luckily I went to most of the Big Lots in Houston so I know which ones to avoid. I'm glad OP hasn't updated the title, all of us who been posting in here should have dibs first before the others get to them.

Eeeeeexcellent. Finally bought stuff from this sale:

All 360 lol:

4.xx: 

GTAIV Liberty City Stories

Skate 3

Dead Island GOTY

Army of Two 40th Day

NFS The Run

Saints Row The Third

3.xx:

Hitman Absolution

2.xx and under (stuff was just too cheap so I bought it to try it out...)

Binary Domain

Space Marine

Call of Juarez

Ace Combat something

Passed on a BUNCH of stuff that I already had so didnt really want duplicates of like Sonic Collection, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2, GTAIV, etc

@Duarte Big Lots, the mother lode!!

My haul:

Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection $4.72
Midnight Club LA Complete Edition $4.72
Dead Island GOTYE $4.72
Binary Domain $2.50
Sniper Ghost Warrior $4.72
Saints Row The Third $4.72
Halo 3 $4.72

Super Mario Galaxy $4.72 - I'm so happy to score this so late in the game! :)

St. Ives Body Lotion $.25

I can't go anywhere until Friday. All I can do is hope to get a price adjustment on Shinobi.

Whoa, Sky Ray. Body lotion tmi.

@Duarte Big Lots, the mother lode!!
My haul:
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection $4.72
Midnight Club LA Complete Edition $4.72
Dead Island GOTYE $4.72
Binary Domain $2.50
Sniper Ghost Warrior $4.72
Saints Row The Third $4.72
Halo 3 $4.72
Super Mario Galaxy $4.72 - I'm so happy to score this so late in the game! :)
St. Ives Body Lotion $.25
Congrats! Did you see any PS3 games?

Picked Up:

3DS - 

Ghost Recon - $4.72

Wii -

You Don't Know Jack - $2.50

Disney Sing It Pop Hits Bundle w/ Microphone - $5.00

My store had about 20 copies of Splinter Cell 3D and a very small handful of other games. I am pretty psyched about YDKJ, though. I loved that series way back in the 90s when it first came out and I really wanted to try the Wii version. $2.50 is a steal for that game.

Also, the casheir mentioned that not only are they phasing out video games, but they are getting rid of all electronics, including the movies.

Yeah, I'm not going to go out of my way to get a $2.50 copy of Shinobi, but I'll definitely cross my fingers and hope it's still there on Saturday.  Along with some $6.25 Wii Party bundles.

Brought back the Professor Layton I had bought over the weekend to get the difference, and then paid whopping $1.32 for Splinter Cell 3D and James Noir Hollywood Murder.

Nothing good left.

I fuck ing didn't see this thread until after 9pm the stores closed.  :headache:  I've been checking this thread multiple times every day. I checked today before the drop was mentioned. Oh well, I'll see if there are any scraps left tomorrow.

I really like reading the list of hauls. You guys got some good stuff for under $5. :bow:

My haul:

$4.72

Arkham City GOTY ed

Army of Two 40th Day

Sonic Genesis Collection

NFS The Run

Dead Island GOTY ed

L4D GOTY ed

SR3

:ps3:

Midnight Club LA Complete Ed

ME3

GTA IV

Randoms:

Top Spin 4 $2

Hitman Absolution $3.22

Kane and Lynch 2 $2

Woah hell yeah I'll take some money back and maybe buy some games, I remember seeing somewhere in this thread that the game section had been moved in some people's stores. Where did you guys find it if it was still there? I went today (before seeing 75%, was on the way to the post office) and couldn't find the games. I probably should've asked around, but I don't really want anything other than Ghost Recon. Also, if it really is just return/rebuy, I might go back just to get some money back

I only had time to go to one Big Lots since I took a 10hr nap and found this out 2hrs before closing. Grabbed

Michael Phelps kinect game
Disney Sing it High School Musical 3
You Don't know Jack
Minute to Win it
Top Hand Rodeo

3ds
Splinter cell

Nothing special just some games I wanted for $2.50 a piece. Will head to about 5 of them tomorrow and finally be done.

I only had time to go to one Big Lots since I took a 10hr nap and found this out 2hrs before closing. Grabbed

You Don't know Jack
Minute to Win it
Top Hand Rodeo

3ds
Splinter cell

Nothing special just some games I wanted for $2.50 a piece. Will head to about 5 of them tomorrow and finally be done.
First I've ever heard of Top Hand Rodeo...

You Don't know Jack
Minute to Win it
Top Hand Rodeo

3ds
Splinter cell

You apparently have less will-power than I. I very easily looked at Michael Phelps, High School Musical Sing it and Minute to Win it and just pushed them to the side. Will you even play those?

First I've ever heard of Top Hand Rodeo...
Same. I do live in a rodeo state, couldn't say no

You apparently have less will-power than I. I very easily looked at Michael Phelps, High School Musical Sing it and Minute to Win it and just pushed them to the side. Will you even play those?
Yes LOL. I'll buy anything Xb360 under $5. Can't resist it.

Same. I do live in a rodeo state, couldn't say no

Yes LOL. I'll buy anything Xb360 under $5. Can't resist it.
I was afraid I was going to be like that and almost bought High School Musical but realized that I would never play them and probably couldn't flip them for any sort of profit so I walked.

I'll hit the one by my house tomorrow and hope they still have the 3DS Skylanders bundles that they had when this all went 50%.

I was afraid I was going to be like that and almost bought High School Musical but realized that I would never play them and probably couldn't flip them for any sort of profit so I walked.

I'll hit the one by my house tomorrow and hope they still have the 3DS Skylanders bundles that they had when this all went 50%.
3ds Skylanders bundle? can u post a picture what it looks like?

Also, is it easier to do a return/ rebuy or ask for a price adjustment?

3ds Skylanders bundle? can u post a picture what it looks like?

Also, is it easier to do a return/ rebuy or ask for a price adjustment?
I believe this is the one they had. I vaguely remember someone else in this thread going to my location and saying they didn't see them. I think I saw them at a different location but it's further out than I'm willing to drive.

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/kids-family/skylanders-spyro-s-adventure-starter-pack-for-nintendo-3ds-84154-11670137

Crap I didn't know they carried those still. Last time I was in a big lots was a year ago to look for some blurays.

Of course the day that everything finally drops to 75% off, my car key breaks off in my door.  Sigh...

Thankfully I was still able to get over to one Big Lots today and made a pretty decent haul.  I'll hit up the rest of them tomorrow.

Yakuza 4  4.72

Yakuza Dead Souls 2.50

Splinter Cell 3DS 2.50

UDraw With Game tablet (PS3) 2.50

Also got the last Goldeneye (Wii) Golden Controller Pack for 7.50

Congrats! Did you see any PS3 games?
Thanks! You in SoCal too? Duarte had zilch in PS3 games. Arcadia only had a couple of GTA IVs left.

Also, the casheir mentioned that not only are they phasing out video games, but they are getting rid of all electronics, including the movies.
The DVDs have been lame the last six years after the great Anime rush we saw back in 2005-2007.

I remember seeing somewhere in this thread that the game section had been moved in some people's stores. Where did you guys find it if it was still there?
Look for the Customer Service desk and ask for it. They are either on display in the glass table or on a shelf rack behind the counter.

Thanks! You in SoCal too? Duarte had zilch in PS3 games. Arcadia only had a couple of GTA IVs left.
Complete opposite, I'm in PA. I just hit my first big lots today, first in a very long time I've been in one. All I saw were DS, 3DS, and xbox 360 games. Nothing else.

If anyone has an extra Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for the 3DS they wanna trade and need Binary Domain or Plants vs Zombies, PM me. 

Great sale and good early X-mas gifts. 

The DVDs have been lame the last six years after the great Anime rush we saw back in 2005-2007.

Look for the Customer Service desk and ask for it. They are either on display in the glass table or on a shelf rack behind the counter.
doh i guess I went to the arcadia store after you lol they only had crappy stuff left around 2pm mon

How did that go? Return/buyback? I bought some stuff at 50% and sure would like to get it cheaper.
They seem to have a system in place for actual price adjustments, didn't have to do a return/buyback. Simply told the manager I recently bought these and have noticed they're even cheaper now, so he scanned my receipts and the computer compared the purchase price to the current price and he was like "ok, so I owe you $16.05" and I said "perfect, thank you."

They seem to have a system in place for actual price adjustments, didn't have to do a return/buyback. Simply told the manager I recently bought these and have noticed they're even cheaper now, so he scanned my receipts and the computer compared the purchase price to the current price and he was like "ok, so I owe you $16.05" and I said "perfect, thank you."
Damn! Now I really wish I saved my receipts. Though I did buy then under the spend 15 get 5 off so I guess its nearly equal.

doh i guess I went to the arcadia store after you lol they only had crappy stuff left around 2pm mon
I actually went after 3PM. The GTA IVs were all behind the customer service desk. Kinda bummed the Lost Panet copies were all gone.

You sir get post of the day. Thank you. I'm going yo bring my games just in case.

bread's done
Back