30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went back again today, saw a few copies of Skate 3, a copy of Professor Layton, and a bunch of Lost Planet that weren't on the shelves before :) Gonna have to try to grab some of those tomorrow @ 20% off :D/
Just fyi Lost Planet is $1.99 used at Gamestop. I saw one copy too but even at 20% off its still twice as much at Big Lots, granted it'll probably be in better condition.

Picked up Shinobi and Ghost Recon DS while i was out yesterday.  Lady behind me picked up the entire tub of games and brought it to the register and said "I can sell deez for tipple."  I just shook my head and walked out.  I'm happy with the two I got. 

Missed out at my stores, does anyone have any 3ds or DS games they would sell me? Specifically splinter cell, Layton, street fighter, shinobi, or cubic ninja?

I was told the same but I didnt completely believe it. Hopefully someone else can also confirm or deny.
20% this weekend will most definitely stack with the after-75% off price.

When clearance was 50% off, they had a 20% off day. my Shinobi was $4 ($10 tag) and my cordless drill was $12 ($30 tag)

If you want to guarantee success, make sure you have a buzz club account instead of using a printed coupon. It will do it automatically despite any attempts the cashier may take to spite you.

ALSO: stop by the toy aisle this weekend. My Big Lots got in 5 of the giant Kreo Optimus Prime sets for $15 last week, $12 for a $70 msrp funbox is perfect for having the best gift ever at some random kid's birthday party.

"Is he rich???"

"No, he's CAG"

$(KGrHqF,!lMFGT8sWGiWBRo5lMKlOw~~_35.JPG

Just fyi Lost Planet is $1.99 used at Gamestop. I saw one copy too but even at 20% off its still twice as much at Big Lots, granted it'll probably be in better condition.
Ah alright thanks. It was the only title of the three that I was iffy about :p don't really need it.

I bought Yakuza Dead Souls from this sale and I beat the game last night... and... all I will say is having played and beat Yakuza 3 and 4, YDS was absurd, even for a Yakuza game... bring on 5 already...

I saw some games today, nothing I was really interested in though. I'll check again tomorrow and see if anything is worth it for the extra 20% as well. Lots of copies of GTA IV, some Halo Wars, Mass Effect 2, and some 3DS games I don't care much for.

If someone manages to find copies of Halo Wars, Spirit Tracks and Dragon Quest 9, I'll seriously love you forever. Oh, and pay for them and shipping and all that. I've had crap luck finding anything but shovelware at the stores in my area.
I wonder how hard DQIX would be to find. I barely got my copy last April; the manager had to RTV a bunch of games and that one was to get sent off.

ALSO: stop by the toy aisle this weekend. My Big Lots got in 5 of the giant Kreo Optimus Prime sets for $15 last week, $12 for a $70 msrp funbox is perfect for having the best gift ever at some random kid's birthday party.

"Is he rich???"

"No, he's CAG"

$(KGrHqF,!lMFGT8sWGiWBRo5lMKlOw~~_35.JPG
Oh I hate you, now I'm going to go look for that.

I saw that Optimus Prime as well, but passed on it.

Went by today before the extra 20% off.

Picked up:

:3ds: Shinobi

:360: You Don't Know Jack

:wii: Wii Party Bundle x3

Wasn't going by again this weekend, so although the 20% off would have been nice, I figured my time/gas was worth that much.

You Don't Know Jack and Wii Party's up for trade if anyone is interested.  Looking for RE Archives or Spirit Tracks.

Random question. How is Picross 3D? I'm going to exchange a game for it at Kmart, they have it for $9.99. Is it worth it?
It's awesome. I'm like 230 puzzles in and only probably 75% done at most. Absolutely worth it at $10 if you want it complete, or $5 used at GS if you don't mind cart only.

Edit- I just did the math and I've noticed that most puzzles I average about 8 minutes on which over that many puzzles I've probably put nearly 30 hours into it already and paid $2 for it at GS after a coupon. Play a few most nights before going to sleep so yeah, I've gotten my money's worth out of it and probably have another 10 hours left.

It's awesome. I'm like 230 puzzles in and only probably 75% done at most. Absolutely worth it at $10 if you want it complete, or $5 used at GS if you don't mind cart only.

Edit- I just did the math and I've noticed that most puzzles I average about 8 minutes on which over that many puzzles I've probably put nearly 30 hours into it already and paid $2 for it at GS after a coupon. Play a few most nights before going to sleep so yeah, I've gotten my money's worth out of it and probably have another 10 hours left.
Thanks for the insight. I'll gladly pick it up. I used some promotional points so I'm hoping they go towards it. If not, oh well. Thanks again.

Since the sale is winding down I thought I'd throw out my haves/wants. Hit me with a PM if you have a trade.

Want:

Goldeneye bundle w/ controller

TLOZ Spirit Tracks (highest want)

Fallout 3 GOTY

Super Mario Galaxy

Have:

Binary Domain

L4D

Sonic Genesis Collection

Hitman Absolution

Saints Row 3

Halo Wars

Dear Rising  2

Space Marine

Prototype 2

PS3

Yakuza 4

Yakuza Dead Souls

Midnight Club LA Complete

Shadows of the Damned

Kane and Lynch 2

Little Big Planet

Wii

RE4

Kirby Epic Yarn

3DS

Super Street Fighter 4

Splinter Cell 3D

Shinobi

I don't know how to work this phone.. Ugh

Anyway, first time hearing of this sale. Stopped by mine and managed to find Yakuza: Dead Souls, Thor, Lucha Libre, and Shadows of the Damned.. My total was like $10. Fantastic deal!

Checked my local store and spent $50 on nothing I really needed LOL.

:360: Surpremacy MMA $3.32
:360: Top Spin 4 $2.50
:360: Hitman Absolution $3.22
:360: Bejeweled 3 $3.22
:ps3: Disney Sing It $2.50
:ps3: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock $2.50
:ps3: Motionsports Adrenaline $3.22
:ps3: Michael Jackson The Experience $3.22
:3ds: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars $4.72
:3ds: James Noir's Hollywood Crimes $2.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $2.50
:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $3.75

Picked up a few copies of Professor Layton if anyone is looking for that and wants to trade.
I'm looking for professor Layton

What were you looking for? Or giftcard?

Since the sale is winding down I thought I'd throw out my haves/wants. Hit me with a PM if you have a trade.

Want:

Goldeneye bundle w/ controller

TLOZ Spirit Tracks (highest want)

Dreamcast Collection

Fallout 3 GOTY

Super Mario Galaxy

Have:

Binary Domain

L4D

Sonic Genesis Collection

Hitman Absolution

Saints Row 3

Halo Wars

Dear Rising 2

Space Marine

Prototype 2

PS3

Yakuza 4

Yakuza Dead Souls

Midnight Club LA Complete

Shadows of the Damned

Kane and Lynch 2

Little Big Planet

Wii

RE4

Kirby Epic Yarn

3DS

Super Street Fighter 4

Splinter Cell 3D

Shinobi
If I had something worthwhile, I would certainly trade a game for MCLA: Complete Edition. But I digress, I'll just wait until there's a price drop or it goes on sale somewhere.

Checked out another BL in the next town over today.  Nothing spectacular, but for those prices I couldn't say no to:

(all PS3)

RUSE

LittleBigPlanet GOTY

Tiger Woods 11

They said the 20% off wasn't starting for another 20 mins when I was checking out, and I didn't feel like hanging around that long for $1.50 or so.  

After another trip to BL I have the following to trade if anyone's interested:

:3ds:

Super Street Fighter IV

:360:

Dead Island GOTY

WWE 12

Split Second

COD4 Modern Warfare

:ps3:

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

Darksiders

Checked out another BL in the next town over today. Nothing spectacular, but for those prices I couldn't say no to:

(all PS3)

RUSE

LittleBigPlanet GOTY

Tiger Woods 11

They said the 20% off wasn't starting for another 20 mins when I was checking out, and I didn't feel like hanging around that long for $1.50 or so.

Their store PA said 2PM and fortunately I was there after that and it worked no problem with my card.

Saturday was for Buzz members and Sunday is for anyone with a coupon. At least at my store.
I guess that explains why the Big Lots I stopped at today was busy. It took me a few minutes just to find a parking space.

No games either, just a bunch if shitty Wii remote sports "attachments".

How does this work? I wanted to go today to join Buzz Club and get my 20% and 25% adjustments but there's a thunderstorm now so I'm not going out there today unless it stops within the hour.

If I go tomorrow, can I still sign up and get my adjustments?

How does this work? I wanted to go today to join Buzz Club and get my 20% and 25% adjustments but there's a thunderstorm now so I'm not going out there today unless it stops within the hour.

If I go tomorrow, can I still sign up and get my adjustments?
Today is 20% for Buzz Club members. Tomorrow is 20% off for everyone with a coupon. There is usually a huge stack of coupons at the entrance, sometimes a worker passing them out too.

So no discount for Buzz Club members who don't have a coupon tomorrow?

The rain won't stop!

Was able to grab :wii: Disney Sing It Bundle with USB microphone for $5 and  :ps3: WWE Legends of Wrestlemania for $2.50 yesterday.

So no discount for Buzz Club members who don't have a coupon tomorrow?

The rain won't stop!
Tomorrow you don't need to be a member if you have the coupon. And today you can just sign up at the register to be a member.

Not great luck at the new one today. A couple PS3 UDraw games, a few Kinect titles, and a few other 360 titles. Two of them didn't have cover art. Slim pickin's. Did get a couple bottles of fuel injection cleaner that I'm happy with.

I'm looking for professor Layton

What were you looking for? Or giftcard?
Unfortunately, my extras were already claimed. I'm hitting up a few more stores in my area. If I find another copy, I'll let you know.

I did make it a store today and was able to return & rebuy to get 20% off what I bought on Thursday. The cashier wouldn't do it and said I had to talk to a manager. But after 5 calls over the intercom and the manager not calling or showing, she just did it for me. Also grabbed more games for the backlog. Prices are before 20% discount.

:360: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire $1.99

:360: Saints Row the Third $4.72

:360: Call of Duty 3 $4.72

:ps3: Harry Potter Years 1-4 $2.50

:ps3: Timeshift $1.99

:ps3: Shift 2 Unleashed $4.72

:ps3: Yakuza 4 $4.72

:ps3: Dirt 3 $4.72

:ps3: Midway Arcade Origins $4.72

:3ds: Asphalt 3D $3.75

:3ds: Green Lantern $3.75

Tomorrow you don't need to be a member if you have the coupon. And today you can just sign up at the register to be a member.

Not great luck at the new one today. A couple PS3 UDraw games, a few Kinect titles, and a few other 360 titles. Two of them didn't have cover art. Slim pickin's. Did get a couple bottles of fuel injection cleaner that I'm happy with.
I would be going late tomorrow. The rain stopped but it's too late to go now. I hope they don't run out of coupons and tell me that there's nothing that can be done about it.

Oh and sadly none of those Optimus Prime not-LEGOs at the stores I went to today.  That was rather disappointing and only mitigated by finding another eight games to buy.

I went to 2 locations today: Newark, CA and Redwood City, CA.

Newark was picked; I could only find 3 sealed games mixed in with the DVDs: Rage (PS3), something with "Leela" in the title (Xbox 360), and some NDS game in a larger-than-most NDS box.

Redwood City had a number of games displayed with no discs / cartridges on a rack.  Most were NDS / Wii, but I did see Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360) and L4D (Xbox 360).  I also saw a PS3 Udraw tablet at the front of the registers, a few microphone PS3 games in the glass case, and some generic PS3 wireless controllers (also in glass case).

Redwood City was the 1st Big Lots I've been to with games displayed without the discs in them, so I asked and they showed me the games behind the register.  I'm glad I did too, because they had at least a dozen, maybe closer to 2, sealed games in there.  ME3 (PS3), Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3), GTA Episodes (Xbox 360), Binary Domain (Xbox 360 IIRC?), Hitman Absolition (PS3), SR3 (PS3), and more.  They also had 2 clasped envelopes that appeared to have the game discs and inserts for the ones displayed on their game rack.

I'm thinking about hitting the south bay area stores tomorrow, but if they're picked clean I won't bother.  Can any fellow CAGs report in on this?  Thanks!

They were putting up sunglasses where the games used to be today.  Did find Gettysburg Director's Cut with book and Do the Right Thing in bluray for $5 each and Red Faction: Origins (SyFy) DVD for $3.

I would be going late tomorrow. The rain stopped but it's too late to go now. I hope they don't run out of coupons and tell me that there's nothing that can be done about it.
I don't see them running out of coupons. They were practically raining from the sky today. Handing them out at the door, at the register, laying all over tables. There were even banners everywhere advertising tomorrow's sale.

bread's done
Back