30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I now understand why most if not all 360 games have at least one security sticker. I brought up a few games to the cashier just to verify that they were on clearance and the cashier pointed out to me that the PS3 Batman Arkham City GotY I had was empty by opening the side of the case. I was bummed out by that. This store also had all their games out on the floor because they no longer had games for the empty boxes I brought up. I still did manage to get Mass Effect 3 (360), Top Spin 4 (360), Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock (360) and Resident Evil 4 (Wii) for just over $10. I decided to try my luck at another Big Lots and was only greeted with a handful of that Ben 10 racing game for the DS.
Hmm, pretty sure all the stuff I grabbed yesterday was in good order but now I need to double check.

Me and the fiancée went yesterday to Big Lots.

Pretty much same stock as a few days ago.

I did pick up SR3 this time though. 75% + 20% was at least worth a try.

First time poster, Long time lurker and figured I'd share what I got.

I checked 3 locations and these were my finds ( Swansea ma ) Cubic ninja, street fighter 3ds , splinter cell 3ds and mega mind ds.. Now for the Xbox games I got Puss in boots , need for speed the run, army of two 40th day, gta 4 and halo wars.

The seekonk store is wiped clean...

And lastly the raynham store, which I found different stuff then what other people posted I got ..bejeweled ds , 2 resident evil wii guns ( shot blaster 3$ ea, 2 nppl paintball 2009 w/ gun and game ( had 2 left ) DJ HERO ps2 COMPLETE 5$
and new jumper cables for 2.50$.

Anyone from the Ma/Ri area check other stores?

Picked up :wii: You Don't know Jack and :ds: Profressor Layton and the Unwound Future over the weekend, thanks to this thread.  Question on the :3ds: Skylanders bundles marked $40 in the glass case, those are included in the sale, right?  Probably gone by now, but just curious anyways, thanks!

So I decided to call the 5 Big Lots stores I visited yesterday and ask if they have any games in a drawer at the register / customer service desk.  Every one of them seemed to know what I was talking about, and said all their games are on the sales floor.  They also said they won't be getting any new game shipments.

Here are the stores I can comment on:

20800 Mission Boulevard
Hayward, CA 94541

5453 Thornton Avenue
Newark, CA 94560

1525 Broadway Street
Redwood City, CA 94063

200 Serra Way Suite 1
Milpitas, CA 95035

3735 El Camino Road
Santa Clara, CA 95051

1523 Parkmoor Plaza
San Jose, CA 95128

1581 West Campbell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008

1832 Hillsdale Avenue
San Jose, CA 95124

I can confirm that on Saturday (3/1/14) Redwood City, CA had a number of games, and even more behind the register.  I checked Newark, CA and they had a number of games behind the register too.  I'm not sure if any of the games behind the register have been moved to the sales floor since then or not.

Assuming the info I received when calling was correct, the stores are picked pretty clean.

Not sure if there are any CAGs in the SF bay area, but I figured I'd share what I know.  If anyone wants to ask me more specifics I'll try and remember what I saw; I've got a pretty decent memory.

At the Big Lots I went to (Carle Place, NY), I ended up picking up Bulletstorm.

A few PS3 games were left but nothing good.

2 copies of Splinter Cell 3D and 1 Layton were still there.

Decided against getting them since I didn't have a DS.

I went to another BL today after taking my daughter to a Dr. appointment and the games were gone.  I ran into one of my flea market buddies and he said they were gone during the 50%.  After looking around, however, I did manage to find another one of those DSlite essentials cases w/ a red star hanging out in electronics, this one was the blue Mario case. 

If anyone wants it, send me a trade offer.  I also have those same 3DS games mentioned a few pages back.

Looking for the following games, please contact me if you have extras:

Super Street Fighter 4 3DS
Yakuza 4

Shadows of the Dead

Man was just on a trip yesterday and passed several Big Lots...should have stopped but completely forgot they were clearancing off their games.

Just a quick heads up to anyone who has passed by their local Big Lots and seen UFC Undisputed 3 in stock. Their trade-in-value is $12 base at gamestop. This goes for both Xbox 360 and PS3. I picked up all they had and went straight to separate Gamestops knowing i would get suspicious looks if i traded in more than one, i was able to trade in one for PS3 and one for 360 at the same store though. You could easily trade in the games towards the pre-order of one of the games on the list to take advantage of the 30% extra tiv (40% with PUR) Which would come out to $15.60 ($16.80 PUR.) Then just cancel the pre-order another day and you'll have it all. :whistle2: (Don't try to cancel right after you trade in because then they will post void.)

From $4.72 + Tax to $16.80.. Sounds good to me.

Also Split Second was there for the same price, $7 base TIV at Gamestop, good for a rental + Small profit. Not sure about the PS3 TIV though. Ncaa football 13 same price, $5 TIV.

Just a quick heads up to anyone who has passed by their local Big Lots and seen UFC Undisputed 3 in stock. Their trade-in-value is $12 base at gamestop. This goes for both Xbox 360 and PS3. I picked up all they had and went straight to separate Gamestops knowing i would get suspicious looks if i traded in more than one, i was able to trade in one for PS3 and one for 360 at the same store though. You could easily trade in the games towards the pre-order of one of the games on the list to take advantage of the 30% extra tiv (40% with PUR) Which would come out to $15.60 ($16.80 PUR.) Then just cancel the pre-order another day and you'll have it all. :whistle2: (Don't try to cancel right after you trade in because then they will post void.)

Also Split Second was there for the same price, $7 base TIV at Gamestop, good for a rental + Small profit. Not sure about the PS3 TIV though. Ncaa football 13 same price, $5 TIV.
That might be worth taking a trip tomorrow.

Not that I don't want you to have one but those sell for $40+ new.
Yeah I know unfortunately. I'll probably have to check eBay, and see what I can do.

Edit: Some people in eBay literally kill me with some of their posts. For instance, they might have the cart only and they'll want $50 for it. There's no way in Hell that I'll pay that kind of money just for a damn cartridge. Are they keeping the case or did they sell it? It boggles my mind.

Yeah I know unfortunately. I'll probably have to check eBay, and see what I can do.

Edit: Some people in eBay literally kill me with some of their posts. For instance, they might have the cart only and they'll want $50 for it. There's no way in Hell that I'll pay that kind of money just for a damn cartridge. Are they keeping the case or did they sell it? It boggles my mind.
The case is sold a week after the game. Gotta love a bigger profit.

Got Guitar Hero World Tour, Van Halen, and Band Hero for $1.25 each, Guitar Hero 2/Aerosmith and Dreamcast Collection for $2.50 each. All for the 360, thanks OP.

The case is sold a week after the game. Gotta love a bigger profit.
That's just beyond me. Who would buy a case only? I could see it as a replacement case, not just a case. That's like buying a used fame with the case. I could care less about the manual, but I need that case. I guess I just don't understand the market. I heard about some people throwing away the case, and that's just dumb....

That's just beyond me. Who would buy a case only? I could see it as a replacement case, not just a case. That's like buying a used fame with the case. I could care less about the manual, but I need that case. I guess I just don't understand the market. I heard about some people throwing away the case, and that's just dumb....
Have you ever met this fellow named Velo who has a wall full of empty cases?

Just a quick heads up to anyone who has passed by their local Big Lots and seen UFC Undisputed 3 in stock. Their trade-in-value is $12 base at gamestop. This goes for both Xbox 360 and PS3. I picked up all they had and went straight to separate Gamestops knowing i would get suspicious looks if i traded in more than one, i was able to trade in one for PS3 and one for 360 at the same store though. You could easily trade in the games towards the pre-order of one of the games on the list to take advantage of the 30% extra tiv (40% with PUR) Which would come out to $15.60 ($16.80 PUR.) Then just cancel the pre-order another day and you'll have it all. :whistle2: (Don't try to cancel right after you trade in because then they will post void.)

Oh man, nice find. Wish I knew about this before, I'm out of the Big Lots game. Made enough visits there to last me the next 5 years.

I think Velo uses those empty cases to know what PS+ games he has gotten free. I was joking about selling the case a week later but there are people out there that will split stuff up so others will buy multiple auctions. All my games have cases and it bugged me when I got my PSP and the free games were in the paper sleeves. I just choose to purchase complete games and if there's no case I look elsewhere.

Got Guitar Hero 2/Aerosmith for $2.50
Only $47.50 less than Walmart!

Speaking of which maybe I'll go make the "LOL Walmart" thread I've been meaning to for a while.

I think Velo uses those empty cases to know what PS+ games he has gotten free. I was joking about selling the case a week later but there are people out there that will split stuff up so others will buy multiple auctions. All my games have cases and it bugged me when I got my PSP and the free games were in the paper sleeves. I just choose to purchase complete games and if there's no case I look elsewhere.
Ditto. The only time I don't mind getting an incomeplete game at GS or something is if A. I already have a case and manual or B. if it's something going straight to BB.

I always look for cases for games that I happen to have a disc only copy of, or in the case of genesis games, back up cases. I actually bought a lot of genesis game cases of about 30 various games for 25 bucks just for Shadowrun insert. Yes, I am insane.

people who throw away cases are grad A asshats. I worked at a video store that was closing a few years back, and you better believe I took every damn Wii/PS3/360/PS2 case that was destined for the dumpster. end up with like 200. kept some, hooked up people in need of specific ones with others and traded a bunch in at a local store when I decided it was taking up too much space.

They have a lot of splinter cell, cubic ninja, a couple of shinobi for 3ds and a couple of kirby: epic yarn for wii at the blanding blvd big lots in orange park, fl.

If anyone by chance has a store around them with Midway Arcade Origins id be interested in buying it off you, just PM me

Our last video games were at 90% off today. Didn't have much left at all, only 

Michael Phelps - 360

Disney Sing It - 360

Michael Jackson - The Experience - PS3

Disney Sing It - PS3

This is a list of games I picked up a few weeks ago, didn't bother going back to see if they had anymore games worth getting.

Resident Evil Archives Wii

Batman Arkham City Game of the Year Edition PS3

Splinter Cell 3D 3DS

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars 3DS

The first 3 out of the 4 mentioned I'd be willing to trade.

I hate you all. Like seriously, all of you! Just when I thought I was done. They want to drop it to 90% off. I got one last run in me.

BTW Buzzclub reward members check your email. There should be a coupon for $5 off $20. I know one store that still has a ton of games. I should be able to grab 10 $18.88 games for $15.

Sigh... I guess I need to go back and just buy whatever they have left...
Disney sing it time lol

I hate you all. Like seriously, all of you! Just when I thought I was done. They want to drop it to 90% off. I got one last run in me.

BTW Buzzclub reward members check your email. There should be a coupon for $5 off $20. I know one store that still has a ton of games. I should be able to grab 10 $18.88 games for $15.

Disney sing it time lol
What store? I'm in Houston. Help a homie out!

bread's done
Back