30% Off at EA.com - Dragon Age $35

OP, must be in reference to the PC version. I'm playing the PS3 version now and it's great. Some wonky graphical stuff but very engrossing overall- especially over my three day "vacation" due to a blizzard. If you can get the collector's edition I would recommend thinking about it for the digital soundtrack alone; the music is pretty awesome.

The PC versiion is $36
The XBox 350 version is $41.96 with promo (I was hoping the console versions where $35)

Argh!!!!!! They have a promo price of $54.95 but adding it to the car makes it $59.95 -- if they applied the 30% to the promo price vs the MSRP is would be a better deal. Still not the $35 price point I want but I would have bitten at $38

Ground shipping is free

code seems to work with anything

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='robdees']OP, must be in reference to the PC version. I'm playing the PS3 version now and it's great. Some wonky graphical stuff but very engrossing overall- especially over my three day "vacation" due to a blizzard. If you can get the collector's edition I would recommend thinking about it for the digital soundtrack alone; the music is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, the music is pretty good. I have to say that Dragon Age is really addicting. I've never played an RPG where I was already eager to start a new play-through even before beating the game. o_O

[quote name='earvcunanan']They have The Saboteur in stock, but the promo won't work on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah noticed that... wish it worked on Dante's Inferno as well. Definitely would've jumped on Dante's Inferno with 30% off and maybe The Saboteur.

Oh well, decent deal for some I'm sure.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Indeed, the music is pretty good. I have to say that Dragon Age is really addicting. I've never played an RPG where I was already eager to start a new play-through even before beating the game. o_O[/QUOTE]

Agreed. In fact it kind of made me rush through the end of the game to get at that second playthrough. Game of the Year as far as I'm concerned, and there have been some damn good games this year.

This is one of my least favorite site to buy from, it always cancels my order at the end for seemingly no reason, online support is no help either. I hate EA.

Man I've been wanting to pick up DA:O more and more lately...and especially the PC version...

but man this games just single player....should I wait for a bigger drop?

BigDaddy is correct. The cost for PC Dragon Age Regular Version is $34.95 ($35) and Collector's Edition is $45 with the 30% off code. It is something I was hoping from Direct2Drive but $35 dollars is better than $40 and I can get the Physical Version too!

argh, item has to be in stock huh. i was hoping this would work for the collector's edition for Mass Effect 2.

[quote name='SuxoR']Man I've been wanting to pick up DA:O more and more lately...and especially the PC version...

but man this games just single player....should I wait for a bigger drop?[/QUOTE]

But it is 80 hours of awesome single player. :D

[quote name='Tsukento']Are there any strings attached when dealing with EA.com? Like do I have to download anything extra or deal with any DRMs?[/QUOTE]

For digital downloads I believe you will have to use the EA download manager.

Got Dragon Age Collecters for 360. My little sisters really want the game. They make me so proud in their hardcoreness... They've destroyed every Bioware console game.

Just to kill everyone's hopes ahead of time, don't try ordering the Eddie Riggs statue they have listed as "in stock". I tried, and my order was cancelled by the system almost instantly. Fail. I are disappoint.

Thanks, OP. Got the CE DA:O for $53. Better than waiting for tomorrow and using the 10% coupon from Best Buy. Now I can gift my regular DA:O to my buddy for xmas.

Thanks, my Christmas present for my husband is now all taken care of. I picked up the PC version and it showed up as being in stock.

[quote name='erectiontown']what's this?[/QUOTE]

There was a Wendy's NCAA contest recently. You could play 5 times a day and even if you lost they would still send you a 5 dollar off code for any sports game, but on the EA store you can use the 5 dollar off code on any merchandise. I have quite a few codes, I'll probably give them out tomorrow after I make my purchase. Please, no one ask for any until I say I'm giving them out.

Sweet. Saboteur now works with the 30% off coupon (it didnt work this morning). I was able to turn $50 into DA:O, Saboteur and Mirror's Edge thanks to the half-price sims cards and this 30% off deal. That is what I call cheapass (except for the fact that they will all probably sit on a shelf unopened for the next couple of years at which point I would be able to get them all for $10 or less anyway).

EDIT: COMPLETELY OUT AS OF.... NOW. Gave away 14 codes. That should keep me in the clear on Santa's list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon age is... in true bioware fashion full of bugs but very, very good.

For those who are on the fence... it's "Knights of the Old Republic" with dragons and armor...

Got saboteur for $39 using my bing cashback from paypal.

Sweet.

From what I heard it's a fun game but it is not refined.. Mercs 2 was the same way, it was fun to blow stuff up but it lacked refinement.

just bit on dragon age collector's edition for 360. I hope I don't regret that, seeing a "complete super deluxe platinum hits edition" or whatever in a year for 30 bucks!

[quote name='Kenrik']Dragon age is... in true bioware fashion full of bugs but very, very good.

For those who are on the fence... it's "Knights of the Old Republic" with dragons and armor...[/QUOTE]
I didn't find that at all. I only found 3 very minor bugs in 86 hours of playing:

1) Main character occasionally doesn't remove helmet in dialogs.
2) Main character once didn't remove his armor during a romance.
3) Main character once was showing an old weapon equipped instead of the new one while at camp.

If that's all I encounter during 86 hours of playing, including frequent alt-tabbing, I'll take it gladly. Fallout 3, a year after release, wishes it could be this stable and bug free. :)

Also, personally, I enjoyed the player interactions / dialog options / companions of DA much better. KOTOR was black / white, you either save a puppy orphanage or burn it down. DA felt a lot more connected, like what I'm doing is actually relevant to the overall goal, and mostly eschews good/evil for morality choices instead (if something is likely to be abused, does that necessarily make it wrong?), and the companions felt more interesting, more realistic, and less 2-D. I felt like I could actually play a role in DA much more than in any other RPG game I've played.

[quote name='timobkg']I didn't find that at all. I only found 3 very minor bugs in 86 hours of playing:

1) Main character occasionally doesn't remove helmet in dialogs.
2) Main character once didn't remove his armor during a romance.
3) Main character once was showing an old weapon equipped instead of the new one while at camp.

If that's all I encounter during 86 hours of playing, including frequent alt-tabbing, I'll take it gladly. Fallout 3, a year after release, wishes it could be this stable and bug free. :)

Also, personally, I enjoyed the player interactions / dialog options / companions of DA much better. KOTOR was black / white, you either save a puppy orphanage or burn it down. DA felt a lot more connected, like what I'm doing is actually relevant to the overall goal, and mostly eschews good/evil for morality choices instead (if something is likely to be abused, does that necessarily make it wrong?), and the companions felt more interesting, more realistic, and less 2-D. I felt like I could actually play a role in DA much more than in any other RPG game I've played.[/QUOTE]

Mostly graphical bugs... Poor Framerate, VERY jerky camera, lots of clipping etc..

Heck when there was that first video in the castle where he wakes up and it's under attack my character was halfway fused into the mattress rather then being ON the mattress.

Same as KOTOR. I remember in KOTOR one of the outdoor planets had such low framerate (maybe 3-5 FPS) I could barley play it.

Thanks OP. Picked up DA:O CE for the 360. I was on the fence about it until I rented it last night. Should've known better though, it's Bioware after all. Could have saved me $8 by skippin' the rental.

[quote name='tardoman']Thanks OP. Picked up DA:O CE for the 360. I was on the fence about it until I rented it last night. Should've known better though, it's Bioware after all. Could have saved me $8 by skippin' the rental.[/QUOTE]

i did pretty much the same things. i rented it from gamefly, i don't know why...i immediately put it back in it's pouch and told myself i was just going to buy it later on.

bread's done
Back