30% Off Previously Played Games @ GoHastings.com (Starts 5/4)

cusoman

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry gents, this ended up being a bust of a deal! Updated the topic to be more true to what this really is.

cant get it to work on left 4 dead and i think i would rather use gamefly if im going to buy a rented game

I was able to get Lego Indiana Jones 2 for the XBox 360 for $20.49. Definitely the cheapest I have seen for the XBox version.

I'm surprised they've made it so limited this time around. Only on PV titles, and only a select few of them. I was hoping to get InFamous but it doesn't qualify.

Incidentally - this is 20% off available games and 30% off books/cds/dvds. Thread title should probably be updated.

Still some good deals though, picking up Darksiders and White Knight Chronicles for $46 shipped is okay in my book.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Just got some box set tv dvds at 30% off. Pretty happy with it, though the shipping costs add up because they ship each item individually.[/QUOTE]

Mind telling which box sets you got? It's hard to find which items are used. I picked up Angel 1-5 boxset for $40 bucks!

[quote name='wasurenai']Incidentally - this is 20% off available games and 30% off books/cds/dvds. Thread title should probably be updated.

Still some good deals though, picking up Darksiders and White Knight Chronicles for $46 shipped is okay in my book.[/QUOTE]

Tempting, but I'm too leary of buying an ex-rental. It may look like dog crap.

the person that said that this is a strike against their site, and he doesn't plan on using it anytime because the price of their total went up $3 yet gamestop does this all the time. Heck Sacred 2 went from $19.99 used and what is it now like $32.99 or something like that which is even more than it costs new plus their onlinesavings.com scandal they have. No-matter what store you go to whether it be a game store like gamestop or a retail clothing store like Kohls, when you have a 30% off or a 20% off a buy 2 get 1 free, they raise the prices so your not really getting that much of a deal. Yes you can find really good deals, and these are usually the ones they advertise to get you in the store.

[quote name='kingkiller33']Tempting, but I'm too leary of buying an ex-rental. It may look like dog crap.[/QUOTE]

I'm usually wary of online used purchases myself, but I've really heard far more positive things about gohastings than negative. They apparently have a higher standard for accepting used merchandise than gamestops and the like (who will regularly shuck the case and manual).

At ~$20 per game, it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Let's put it this way. I've gotten about ~25 bluray and ~20 games from goHastings so far, one bluray was a former rental with original artwork but a rental case. Every other game was complete, and I think every blu-ray even had the digital download disk, when applicable. You be the judge on what kinds of risks you're taking.

It appears to be a 20% discount, and only on "previously viewed", NOT "used". So instead of buying a lot of stuff, I'm not buying anything.

Took the risk! Thanks OP! First time poster here, long time lurker. Needed to read through this topic. Anyways I managed to get 4 PS3 games for under 30 bucks. I had all 5 of em on amazon ready to be shipped but canceled as soon as I saw this deal. Went from $63 ( shipped amazon ) to 38 (shipped gohastings ) Saved me about 25 bucks! ( gas and food! ).

[quote name='Dark Firstborn']Took the risk! Thanks OP! First time poster here, long time lurker. Needed to read through this topic. Anyways I managed to get 4 PS3 games for under 30 bucks. I had all 5 of em on amazon ready to be shipped but canceled as soon as I saw this deal. Went from $63 ( shipped amazon ) to 38 (shipped gohastings ) Saved me about 25 bucks! ( gas and food! ).[/QUOTE]
Just out of curiosity, which games did you get?

I got mostly ones that I wouldn't pay 10 dollars for anywhere. This is basically a building collection for my games ( as my games were stolen a year back after a break in ). Let me post them here from the email. They ain't great but Trophy hunting I LOVE to do!
Items:
Quantity:1,X-Blades Previously Viewed - PlayStation 3 $6.68Discount: 1 for $6.68 each
Quantity:1,Damnation Previously Viewed - PlayStation 3 $6.68Discount: 1 for $6.68 each
Quantity:1,F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Previously Viewed - PlayStation 3 $7.36Discount: 1 for $7.359999999999999 each
Quantity:1,Fairytale Fights Previously Viewed - PlayStation 3 $8.20Discount: 1 for $8.2 each

Merchandise:$28.92

Really want to play fear 2 and fairytale fights!

[quote name='FFBlitzace']So does Previously Viewed run a good risk of getting incomplete games?[/QUOTE]

I'm also wondering about this. There are a few games priced very nicely I would pick up if I was almost certain I was getting a complete game. Otherwise, I'd probably pass.

For all you folks who want to get into the Halo Reach beta but don't have ODST or a code:

http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Halo-3-ODST/sku/279458973.uts

Previously Viewed Price: $25.65
With 20% OFF coupon code: $20.52 + $2.28 (shipping) = $22.80

That's probably the cheapest your going to find it on a reputable site. Before anyone asks, yes, you CAN get into the Halo Reach beta with a used copy.

If I were a fan of Halo, I would jump on this. However, I am not. :cool:

Hope this helps.

ugggh this is so lame. This really only works on previously rented games and who knows what kind of banged up condition their in... (their cases and manuals I mean because I prefer complete games) :/ not to mention if you want a cheaper game, each game for shipping is $2.28. You don't even get combine shipping discounts which shipping just will add up, so no matter what the price of the game is it will always be $2.28 per game. Plus all the games I wanted to purchase are in only used condition :/

Post a better deal gohastings, please. ):

I only bought Gears of War for $12.31 ($10.03 + $2.28 Shipping). I really do not understand how they did this for previously rented games but not for used games. I really hope my copy comes looking okay.

[quote name='aosora13']I only bought Gears of War for $12.31 ($10.03 + $2.28 Shipping). I really do not understand how they did this for previously rented games but not for used games. I really hope my copy comes looking okay.[/QUOTE]

Gears of war is $7.55 at Gamestop after CAG16 and edge. Then $3 shipping makes it $10.55. or $9 in store after edge.

[quote name='Skydude']It appears to be a 20% discount, and only on "previously viewed", NOT "used". So instead of buying a lot of stuff, I'm not buying anything.[/QUOTE]

Oops, I didn't realize it was only for "previously viewed". I take what I said back =3

So basically previous rentals are at more risk of not being complete then used games? Does it at least come in the original case and artwork because I wouldn't mind losing out on instructions if I can save $8 off Bayonetta then getting it new off K-mart.com

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Gears of war is $7.55 at Gamestop after CAG16 and edge. Then $3 shipping makes it $10.55. or $9 in store after edge.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Maybe he didn't have edge but from the looks of it he forgot to shop around.

I really wish this was 30% off dvds. Nevermind they have a sale on that too. YES, OOP BEast Wars SEason 3 you will be mine.

[quote name='Skydude']It appears to be a 20% discount, and only on "previously viewed", NOT "used". So instead of buying a lot of stuff, I'm not buying anything.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Same here. Even worse is the fact that every "previously voewed" game I looked at had the same price as "used" games. If I'm going to take the gamble of not getting a case/manual with the game, they're going to have to do more to entice me with a 20% discount, especially since before this I always saw their "previously viewed" titles priced lower than "used" for obvious reasons.

[quote name='seanr1221']What the hell happened to some of these prices?

Elite Beat Agents went from like...5.00 to 38.00![/QUOTE]

That game is out of stock, so the price attached to it at the moment is meaningless.

Nice cussing avatar by the way.

Deal finally works now, if you click on the advertisements for the sale on the site, it partitions the correct games off. Picked up LOTR Conquest and Shadow Warriors.

Doesn't seem to work on Heavy Rain for whatever reason; it's not the "over 18" issue as it was the last time. It doesn't show up on the PV list either.

It seems a lot of things doesn't show up on the PV list. If you filter it by PSP games, there's only a handful available even though there's definitely a lot more of them that can be purchased under PV status if you do a search for them.

Some decents deals if you feel like gambling.

Dragon Age Origins: 20.52 before tax & S/H
Resistance 2: 10.00 before tax & S/H

I would think about biting but my backlog is more than my conscience will allow.

"Promotion code HAST52 has been applied to your order"

But there is no change in the total cost. Is it applied after you order?

Nice..
Picked up
Resistance 2 - $10.00
MLB 2K9 - $3.xx
Fear 2 - $7.xx

$27 for the 3 after shipping

[quote name='Todd33']"Promotion code HAST52 has been applied to your order"

But there is no change in the total cost. Is it applied after you order?[/QUOTE]

whatever you put in isn't eligible. it only works on select titles

[quote name='Todd33']"Promotion code HAST52 has been applied to your order"

But there is no change in the total cost. Is it applied after you order?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget used IS NOT the same thing as previously played to GoHastings....

[quote name='williamspam91']Don't forget used IS NOT the same thing as previously played to GoHastings....[/QUOTE]

Ahhh lol I had the same problem. What the heck is the difference?

It is 20% off and only apply to limited number of previously viewed (rented) games. Manual and artwork is not guarantied to be included. Also have in mind that $2.28 shipping cost and tax (where aplicable) will be added to any game, it does not metter how many you order. There are some so - so deals , but mostly are not.

Just got my 1 of my games from the 4 that I ordered.. the Previously viewed games look almost new! I took a picture with my Iphone for you guys. No stickers, no rips tears, and everything included, manual and case. I can take more if you guys want like the receipt for proof and the inside. I hope the other 3 look like this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just got my 1 of my games from the 4 that I ordered.. the Previously viewed games look almost new! I took a picture with my Iphone for you guys. No stickers, no rips tears, and everything included, manual and case. I can take more if you guys want like the receipt for proof and the inside. I hope the other 3 look like this.
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/2555/photoxe.jpg

Odd how GoHastings doesn't seem to recognize my email address any more despite having sent me emails not three days ago. Anyone else having issues logging in? Specifically those who bought ModNation Racers when it was for $39.99?

Okay update guys, I got my second game Fear 2. Everything is included, manual, official insert ( not a print ) disk is in excellent condition. The thing though is that this time they shipped it in a brand new black looking box. What I find odd is everything is in here it's like they didn't know it was a ps3 game so they put it in a different box. Probably out of ps3 cases but the insert is official holographic and everything... Damn! Gotta get a crappy game case to replace it.
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3470/photo2dl.jpg

bread's done
Back