30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

Kevlar338

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Coupon is no longer printing out at the registers . However I'm thinking someone should start a dedicated target coupon thread . I don't have time to keep up with it or I would do it myself . Between this and the magical b2g1 coupon there are some great deals to be had .

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure Target takes returns without receipts, so if you come back next week you may be able to get $60 by returning the unopened games you dont want

You can also try returning them at walmart if the barcode's are the same (sometimes they arent)

youll get a gift card for items over $25 but a gift card at Walmart may as well be cash since you can buy groceries and anything you need there

Im pretty sure Target takes returns without receipts, so if you come back next week you may be able to get $60 by returning the unopened games you dont want

You can also try returning them at walmart if the barcode's are the same (sometimes they arent)

youll get a gift card for items over $25 but a gift card at Walmart may as well be cash since you can buy groceries and anything you need there
You must be from SlickDeals. Not only is this highly unethical, but there's usually a limit to how much you can return without a receipt. At Target, it's $70 a year. Your little scheme, which constitutes return fraud, would only work once.

The service desk rep must not have noticed or cared. If there's a price discrepancy, the employee is supposed to override it.
I guess she was overwhelmed. I told her straight out I was there to do a price match and that it was "complicated" due to the B2G1 and a coupon. She did the return part of it but I didn't see the total until I got home and looked at the receipt because she just asked if I wanted it on a gift card or back on my visa and I said visa. Then she did the re-buy with price match and then I put the receipts in the bag and tied it while I did other shopping. So I didn't see the problem til I got home.

Just went and picked up 3 pre order cards and got the coupon on the first transaction. Told him i didn't need the other two and walked out. Gonna try again tomorrow when I go to pick up my PS4 games.

I guess she was overwhelmed. I told her straight out I was there to do a price match and that it was "complicated" due to the B2G1 and a coupon. She did the return part of it but I didn't see the total until I got home and looked at the receipt because she just asked if I wanted it on a gift card or back on my visa and I said visa. Then she did the re-buy with price match and then I put the receipts in the bag and tied it while I did other shopping. So I didn't see the problem til I got home.
She might not have been too experienced at the guest service desk. Most Targets wouldn't even allow you to do the price match and B2G1.

I'm so happy that I had to repost this from the Target weekly thread.

I went in expecting to have to buy a reserved card to get the 30% coupon to print, but I found the last copy of Portal 2 they had along with X-Com: Enemy Unknown and Spec Ops: The Line all for Xbox 360. As the associate is walking me to the front to ring the games, I look down and see a $10 off $100 coupon lying on the floor. I pick it up, get to the register to ring up the games, and it spits out a 30% coupon. I ask if I can use it on that purchase but the cashier refuses. It was good that he did because now I can return Monster Hunter 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Nintendoland for Wii U that I bought on Sunday at a different store and buy them again for $40 this time around. I might get Sonic Racing Transformed as my free game this time since Nintendoland is $15 used at Gamestop now. And I'll save $10 on the Wii U I plan to buy on Saturday since the $10 off on $100 doesn't exclude game systems.

One man's trash is another man's treasure...

She might not have been too experienced at the guest service desk. Most Targets wouldn't even allow you to do the price match and B2G1.
Yeah, I knew the PM and B2G1 was going to be YMMV, but I was going to be there anyway AND the PM was to Target's own website, not a competitor so I figured it was worth a try.

I feel slightly guilty but I live in a rural area and I don't feel guilty enough to go out of my way to get back there and try to walk another rep thru it.

Very interesting. May make a trip to Target and give it a try.

Slightly off-topic question:
Knack isn't supposed to be available until Friday, right? Are most stores selling this early? It also sounds like people are getting Killzone. Any word on NFS: Rivals? (These are the three PS4 games I'm going to attempt to get, so that's why I ask :p )
My Target had Knack, Killzone, and Rivals.

I have a question..... I wonder if they can scan this coupon, because I got one in the first transaction, then when I try to use it, they can't scan the coupon.... ops!!!!.... I went back to another target, the same issue..... the guy from electronics was a little bit smart and he typed the number.... no problems.

I just got the coupon with PS4 games pre-order..... went back, try to get one of these with 360 pre-orders, no luck.... maybe the key is buying PS4 and ONE pre-orders... not sure....

I finally decided to try for the coupon tonight.  Did 4 preorder cards and a few groceries.  Had 1 card and the groceries done first then asked the cashier to ring out the rest separate as they were gonna be gifts, she did so with no issue.  Coupon printed on the 4th and final card!

I'll be back tomrrow to use it on the B2G1 so I will return the other 3 cards, maybe try for one more coupon as well.

I got one today with a Ac4 PS4 preorder card and a bunch of other misc non gaming stuff. The coupon printed right after the card was scanned, so just pay attention to when the clerk is scanning items and you should get it. If it doesnt scan right away phave another card handy post transaction.

Pre order 5 dollar gc with 30% coupon and B2go should net some nice savings friday with Ps4 Launch. Also got $100 amazon gc from my cc rewards program today so my first time day one 'ing' a console launch wont hurt my wallet as bad as it could.

Hopefully these coupons keep printing for at least the next day. I'm thinking of trying for a few more so I can send them to my mom and her friends to use during Christmas shopping this year. I've got two extra so far (saving one for PS4 games) so I figure another one or two and we'd be good.

I haven't really seen it mentioned, but here's a rare coupon I used yesterday for y'all to salivate over: $10 off $60!  When I finally got my first 30% off coupon on Saturday afternoon, this spat out along with it, as well as a coupon for some shampoo.  It was a Catalina frenzy!  Anyhow, I managed to walk out of there yesterday with 3 copies of COD: Ghosts (2 PS3, 1 360), 3 koozies, a $12 package of K-Cups, and a drink for $90 total (B2G1 sale, free koozie with purchase of Ghosts, 30% off 2 games coupon, $10 off $60 coupon, and 5% red card discount).

Ironically, I just started using the Cartwheel app this weekend, and didn't know to have my barcode scanned at the register (had a 30% coupon for the K-cups).  So I when I had to go back by there today, I did a return re-buy with the coffee coupon, and got refunded almost $4, making the net transaction from the day before about $86.

The true icing on the cake: the first copy of Ghosts that was scanned generated a 30% off coupon; the cashier instantly scanned it and said excitedly, "oh look, you saved even more!".  So I still have my original coupon to do some more damage with.

Has there been any speculation as to whether or not this coupon might start working alongside the B2G1 (without override) on next gen titles on Tuesday or maybe more likely Friday?  I am hoping so, and might just hold onto my coupon for the Friday or so (at the risk of diminished stock) to see if it works automatically.

Was about to give up after striking out on 4 separate transactions in Emeryville, CA (East Bay). All I got was a 55-cent coupon for some overpriced Barilla pasta.

Tried once more in Albany and struck gold on the 4th and final transaction. Whew! Went back for round 2 and got another 30% coupon on the third attempt. Same cashier for both coupons. :)

Now I have 11 pre-order cards. Must get rid of them. :bomb:

Victory! After debating for 30 mins on 3 games to buy at target, I came home with nothing. That's when I stumbled upon this thread. As I live only 5 minutes from Target, I swung by again to see if I could get one of these mythical coupons. I brought 4 pre-order coupons to the front and kindly asked the lady up front to scan them individually. Sure enough, the first scan yielded a coupon! I wanted to save face, so I continued on with the other 3.

Upon receiving my coupons, I took a U-Turn back into the games area. I ran into the guy who had been helping me earlier and showed him my victory coupon. He proceeded to scan the three games (Knack, Killzone: Shadowfall, and GTAV) and then the coupon. Just as others have said, the coupon had trouble mixing/matching games from numerous systems. He tried to manually put the discount in, but it threw back an error. He then called a manager, who came back and tried to say the coupon was for 3DS games only. The cashier stood up for me, noting it only said "buy any 2 games." She agreed it was vague, and gave me my discount.

The consensus among them was that the coupon was appearing because of the console launches. I neglected to tell them it's been around for the past 4 months, figuring they'd be better prepared to process it if they were expecting to see it.

All in all, combine with my Red-Card, I saved $100 off of $180. Total cost? $80 for 3 $60 games. Win!

For those curious, this all went down at the Mt. Pleasant, SC (Outside Charleston) Target. May you all have similar luck!

Was about to give up after striking out on 4 separate transactions in Emeryville, CA (East Bay). All I got was a 55-cent coupon for some overpriced Barilla pasta.

Tried once more in Albany and struck gold on the 4th and final transaction. Whew! Went back for round 2 and got another 30% coupon on the third attempt. Same cashier for both coupons. :)

Now I have 11 pre-order cards. Must get rid of them. :bomb:
Return the cards...dont do it all at once

Return the cards...dont do it all at once
I returned 4 pre-order cards and then five more all at once today. Most of the people at customer service really don't care. I've straight up told them on numerous occasions I'm just doing it for the coupons and they just laugh and do the returns for me.

Anyone able to replicate this deal in Phoenix, AZ?
Just got Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team today at the Target at Tempe Marketplace. Price matched them first. Then I automatically got the B2G1 deal after which I had them scan the coupon which I had gotten right before that by buying four pre-order cards. (I forgot that I had taken my extra one out of my wallet yesterday to put with the others.) Then I went and got another one by buying another five cards pre-order cards. Then I returned them all.

Victory! After debating for 30 mins on 3 games to buy at target, I came home with nothing. That's when I stumbled upon this thread. As I live only 5 minutes from Target, I swung by again to see if I could get one of these mythical coupons. I brought 4 pre-order coupons to the front and kindly asked the lady up front to scan them individually. Sure enough, the first scan yielded a coupon! I wanted to save face, so I continued on with the other 3.

Upon receiving my coupons, I took a U-Turn back into the games area. I ran into the guy who had been helping me earlier and showed him my victory coupon. He proceeded to scan the three games (Knack, Killzone: Shadowfall, and GTAV) and then the coupon. Just as others have said, the coupon had trouble mixing/matching games from numerous systems. He tried to manually put the discount in, but it threw back an error. He then called a manager, who came back and tried to say the coupon was for 3DS games only. The cashier stood up for me, noting it only said "buy any 2 games." She agreed it was vague, and gave me my discount.

The consensus among them was that the coupon was appearing because of the console launches. I neglected to tell them it's been around for the past 4 months, figuring they'd be better prepared to process it if they were expecting to see it.

All in all, combine with my Red-Card, I saved $100 off of $180. Total cost? $80 for 3 $60 games. Win!

For those curious, this all went down at the Mt. Pleasant, SC (Outside Charleston) Target. May you all have similar luck!
I bought a PS3 game, PS4 game, and a 360 game all at $60 a piece, and used the coupon with no issues. Saved so much money!

I think I'm just giving up, with hopes that they'll restock. If I can get all my promotions to stack I can get 45% off and B2G1 free, but since my local store doesn't have NFS and is sold out of Killzone and Knack I really can't think of anything else to get.

just tried this at the target in westwood CA with no luck. 4 times with watchdogs pre order but nothing. was a city target so they told me the coupons aren't always the same, and that they never seen that coupon before. if anyone in th LA area has a coupon and doesn't want to buy all 3 games i would be happy to buy one or two and split the price of each.

Yes. I just did a few hours ago. I bought 2 $60 Xbox games and 1 $60 PS3 game for a total of $84 before tax. Coupon worked, no override required.

Also returned one of the Xbox games for $40. Ended up with GTAV and Ghosts for $44 + tax.
So when you returned one of the games it did not affect the coupon discount? Just wanted to double check. Awesome if it doesn't. I have one game to return on a set I did today. Then I will try for another coupon and return rebuy my PS4 games for this

Is anyone's Target selling NFS: Rivals? Mine claims that they haven't received any stock at all.
At one of my local Targets there is a notice up in the glass case saying that due to Manufacturer Delay they do not have NFS Rivals. I've only seen it at one Target so take it for what it is.

Has anybody used the 30 percent off on strictly PS4 Games without having a manager override it? Do they hesitate to do it stacked with the B2G1 free?

Also has anybody had any luck getting Target online to apply this coupon?

I was considering returning Super Mario Bros U as that was the one I was least interested in. But my coupon says that "All items must be returned for full refund". Has anyone tried returning one of the three? Sorry if this has been asked.
The key words are "for full refund" If you notice next to each game it has a prorated price that you will get if you return that specific game. "Refund Value"

So for each game you return you get the refund value of that game. If you add up the total of all 3 refund values that gets you the total amount you paid, which is why it says for full refund all items must be returned.

At one of my local Targets there is a notice up in the glass case saying that due to Manufacturer Delay they do not have NFS Rivals. I've only seen it at one Target so take it for what it is.
Thanks! I noticed all Gamestop stores in my area don't have it either and thought something might be up.

Well, no need to save these for BF huh ... may as well go all in this week with the B2G1 because I'm not seeing any BF deals that will be significantly better after coupon ...

Finally went and did this tonight, did the $1 Ryse and nothing, so I went back and got DR3 and a coupon printed. Decided to go back and try Watch Dogs and nothing, so I pulled DR3 card out of my pocket and cashier scanned it again and another coupon popped out.

Do definitely try DR3 if you're having troubles.

Man, I need to go by my target and try this out. I want to pick up A Link between Worlds, Mario 3D World and Zoo Tycoon (for the wife) and they all come out after all the B2G1 deals are through. 

Well, no need to save these for BF huh ... may as well go all in this week with the B2G1 because I'm not seeing any BF deals that will be significantly better after coupon ...
This^. I'll be picking up Call of Duty, GTA and Assassins creed 4 this week with my coupon. Hopefully they will let me swap out Assassins for Mario next week via even exchange.

Alright, so i went to another target. The service i got there compared to the one closer by me was worth the damn trip. People actually smiled and engaged you in conversation, I mean it's easy to gain favor when you know what people are expecting on the otherside of that desk. Also helps if you worked retail, if sure a few CAG's have but a lot don't.

Any who, i put my charm on and gave them the old razzle dazzle. The first time i tried it i blatantly told this older woman what to do. She didn't really grip what i was saying, not to mention you had mr big nuts shirt guy try to goof his way around me. Took that in stride, purchased a $1 reserve card and nothing printed and returned it.

The return ladies were nice, one younger and one older. The younger one let me return it no problem, she already dealt with a similar situation before and i told her i would be back.

I grabbed three xbox reserve cards found a different and younger cashier. She told me how it wasn't printing out coupons and it's fixed now and on the third card i asked her to void it and do it over. Told her she was a basket of awesome and went to get my games.

I got GTA V, Pokemon Y (Cause i think that legendary is cooler) and animal crossing new leaf oui oui came out to 77 with tax.  I tried to press my luck with price matching pokemon and that wasn't happening. Since the price match desk was the same as the return desk and i got stuck with the older woman. (Step 1: Stay calm, Step 2: Empathy, Step: You freaking keep your game face on)

The hilarious part in all of this, she FREAKED out when she scanned the 30 percent off coupon. "This is wrong its giving you $30 instead of 30%" She even called another guy over, i had to explain through them not paying attention to me what 30% of 108 was, In retail and in life, you tread carefully when dealing with people who have no common sense or basic math skills AND you need things from those people. I even told her it's not a big deal, working in the service industry is rough. Heck i was generous enough after everything was said and done to by some refreshments since they took the time to deal with me.

Now my most pressing dilemma are what starters do i pick and who i rob in GTA first.

Too Long, Didn't Read; ​

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ[/media]

Alright, so i went to another target. The service i got there compared to the one closer by me was worth the damn trip. People actually smiled and engaged you in conversation, I mean it's easy to gain favor when you know what people are expecting on the otherside of that desk. Also helps if you worked retail, if sure a few CAG's have but a lot don't.

Any who, i put my charm on and gave them the old razzle dazzle. The first time i tried it i blatantly told this older woman what to do. She didn't really grip what i was saying, not to mention you had mr big nuts shirt guy try to goof his way around me. Took that in stride, purchased a $1 reserve card and nothing printed and returned it.

The return ladies were nice, one younger and one older. The younger one let me return it no problem, she already dealt with a similar situation before and i told her i would be back.

I grabbed three xbox reserve cards found a different and younger cashier. She told me how it wasn't printing out coupons and it's fixed now and on the third card i asked her to void it and do it over. Told her she was a basket of awesome and went to get my games.

I got GTA V, Pokemon Y (Cause i think that legendary is cooler) and animal crossing new leaf oui oui came out to 77 with tax. I tried to press my luck with price matching pokemon and that wasn't happening. Since the price match desk was the same as the return desk and i got stuck with the older woman. (Step 1: Stay calm, Step 2: Empathy, Step: You freaking keep your game face on)

The hilarious part in all of this, she FREAKED out when she scanned the 30 percent off coupon. "This is wrong its giving you $30 instead of 30%" She even called another guy over, i had to explain through them not paying attention to me what 30% of 108 was, In retail and in life, you tread carefully when dealing with people who have no common sense or basic math skills AND you need things from those people. I even told her it's not a big deal, working in the service industry is rough. Heck i was generous enough after everything was said and done to by some refreshments since they took the time to deal with me.

Now my most pressing dilemma are what starters do i pick and who i rob in GTA first.

Too Long, Didn't Read;​

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ[/media]
Nice, so from the looks of it you got a 360 and two Nintendo games? I take it there is no overriding needed if you're getting ANY games other than PS4? If I go in and try to stack the B2G1 with 30 percent off for some PS4 games I'd need a manager to override the transaction?

Nice, so from the looks of it you got a 360 and two Nintendo games? I take it there is no overriding needed if you're getting ANY games other than PS4? If I go in and try to stack the B2G1 with 30 percent off for some PS4 games I'd need a manager to override the transaction?
There may not need to be an override after Tuesday because that's when the games are supposed to go on sale in the system. I guess we'll find out if my theory on that is right once some CAGs make it to Target tomorrow.

bread's done
Back