30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

Kevlar338

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Coupon is no longer printing out at the registers . However I'm thinking someone should start a dedicated target coupon thread . I don't have time to keep up with it or I would do it myself . Between this and the magical b2g1 coupon there are some great deals to be had .

Last edited by a moderator:
So I didnt see any replies to my question... so I am going to ask again and I hav3 a new question as well :p

1. Has anyone triedito get the coupon on one transaction? Im just wondering if it would work on one transaction since it prints with the game?

2. Im planning to get swap force 3ds/wii u and another wii u game. Am I reading other posts correctly that if I dont have all 3 games on one system, I will probably have issues and need an override?

Thanks

So I didnt see any replies to my question... so I am going to ask again and I hav3 a new question as well :p

1. Has anyone triedito get the coupon on one transaction? Im just wondering if it would work on one transaction since it prints with the game?

2. Im planning to get swap force 3ds/wii u and another wii u game. Am I reading other posts correctly that if I dont have all 3 games on one system, I will probably have issues and need an override?

Thanks
I believe the only games you'll have an issue with when combining the two offers are PS4 games. 3Ds/Wii should be fine without override.

I went today and did the buy 2 get 1 free and used the 30% off two games coupon.  I got 3 ps4 games.  Gentleman had to call a manager to get the system to override and give me $36 back.  He said it is because when the coupon was created, they didnt think about ps4 and xbone being avaliable during the specified time period on the coupon.

3 ps4 games for $30 each including tax.

just beats the amazon b1g1 by the tax....

Good Luck to all who try.

Can the coupon be used more than once? I realized when I got home that I still had the coupon.
Yes, not me personally, but others have said a manager even used the same coupon for 2 transactions in a row. Which leads me to repeat my question 1 last time before heading out and trying it myself...

Does this coupon and the B2G1 promo work more than once in the same transaction?? Can I buy 6, get 2 free, and 30% off the rest with only 1 coupon. I plan on buying 6 last-gen games, so don't have to worry about override.

Anyone done this yet?

They're lying to you if they don't let you return the cards. I've bought 9 cards on all on separate transactions at 3 different times (3 cards per coupon) and returned them no problem. Just told them I found a better deal somewhere else.

They're lying to you if they don't let you return the cards. I've bought 9 cards on all on separate transactions at 3 different times (3 cards per coupon) and returned them no problem. Just told them I found a better deal somewhere else.
I literally had to return the same 4 cards twice back to the same customer service person. She knew I was trying to get a coupon and was really cool and had no issues.

Took some effort but this knowledgeable brunette angel of a floor manager walked by and helped me out on my third Target. $27 games!

Also FYI I tried to get my receipt adjusted with the coupon applied to it and it was a no-go. Customer Service will not be able to help you there. Or at least you could try going to the same store where the receipt came from but I don't know what the difference would be.

Question: If are to return all three games and you used a pre-order card on one of those games, do you have to return the "free" gift card that comes with the pre-order? I only ask because I accidentally already used the gift card and I have to return my first attempt of the buy two get one.

Bonus Question: Will exchanges be as easy as going to the Customer Service with the game you want to exchange and exchanging it with another game of the same price?

I got another coupon today. Purchased 5 cards and I did 3 transactions 2 cards per and then 1 card. I got it on the second transaction and then I returned the cards right after.

Holy shitballs i thought i was in trouble for a sec. Brought 4 pacman figures and got it on the second, ran out to my car to return and rebuy my 3 games.

First guy said it would be no problem then got stumped, second lady insisted it wouldnt work, third lady said that i should only get like 20$ back, then a security guard/police officer walked up and hovered behind me for the duration of the transaction.

Needless to say when it finally worked i got the hell out of there. I'll try again tomorrow at the other store near my campus.

I always have problems at this particular Target, so I can't say I'm too surprised. I'm going to return them at a different Target tonight.

Bought Killzone: SF, CoD:Ghosts, and Knack with the B2G1 deal AND 30% coupon.  Target employee had to override after showing manager the coupon.  Both had trouble deducting 30% from total since the computer wasn't doing it for them lol.  Came out to be $90.70 total.

Thanks for recommending the CoD Koozies as a gaming item!  The "every 4 transactions" is an accurate estimate of what it takes to get a coupon to print out based on my experience today.  Should be good for xbox launch next week.  Would love to find a local store that puts out xb1 games during this week to get both deals, if anyone has any luck anywhere let me know, even better if it is in the Pittsburgh area.  :bouncy:   I asked a few local stores and they claimed they hadn't even received shipments of xb1 games yet.

Are they printing out the coupons in California still? I libe in the inland empire and may go later today to see if I can get this coupon if it's working in this state.

Yes, not me personally, but others have said a manager even used the same coupon for 2 transactions in a row. Which leads me to repeat my question 1 last time before heading out and trying it myself...

Does this coupon and the B2G1 promo work more than once in the same transaction?? Can I buy 6, get 2 free, and 30% off the rest with only 1 coupon. I plan on buying 6 last-gen games, so don't have to worry about override.

Anyone done this yet?
Yes. I got 6 ps4 games for $170 after B2G1, 30% off (manual), REDcard, and tax. All on one receipt.

To clarify, the B2G1 rang up without issue packaging 3 games, removing one, and packaging another 3, removing another. The guy calculated 30% of the total and entered 71.99 as the coupon value which required manager approval. Explanation being that the coupon doesn't like PS4 games (nothing to do with stacking on the B2G1 offer) - consistent with what someone else stated earlier.

I used the 30% coupon with AC4, COD:G, and BF4.  I had reserve cards for AC4 and COD:G and also 5% off with red card.  

I paid a total of $86.61 -$10 (from reserve cards) +$2 (cost of reserve cards previously purchased) = $78.61  / 3 = $26.20 per PS4 game after 9% tax.

Just got back from my local Target to get my third coupon, so they're still printing. My winning combination  has been 2 Dead Rising preorder cards and 2 Ryses, each with a different transaction. This time it printed on the fourth transaction. My friend got a coupon too, using different preorder cards at a different register. I used one of my coupons to get 3 current gen games for $90.07 with tax, and then traded them in to best buy for $120 in store credit, to help pay off my Xbox One preorder there.

Another victory story here. Had to go to customer service and explain that the brand new PS3 games automatically pull up no problem, and the CSR told me if the PS3 games discounted on top of the 30%, she'd give it to me.

This was the result. Original B2G1 price was refunded to a gift card, and the GC balance reflects the savings. So much victory.

p0Vm6fL.jpg

If you plan on doing the b2g1 with the 30% coupon - Do it FAST. Target has sent out a memo today telling all stores not to allow the 30% to be combined with the b2g1. Do it before it becomes known.

If you plan on doing the b2g1 with the 30% coupon - Do it FAST. Target has sent out a memo today telling all stores not to allow the 30% to be combined with the b2g1. Do it before it becomes known.
Can confirm this. Had a friend just get back from Target and got denied. He was trying to get Ghosts Batman and ACIV for 360. He said right when he pulled out the coupon they immediately said "You can't use that coupon on the B2G1 offer. Sorry". They are already all over it.\

My store is showing NFS and Killzone in stock but no Lego Marvel. Anyone found Lego Marvel today? How accurate has the inventory checker been so far today? I've got the game coming from the B2G1 sale online but I'm thinking it may be worth trying to grab the other two games with the 30% off two coupon now and getting them down a bit more then just returning the NFS and Killzone copies I got online.

If they are denying your ability to use the coupon, it's time to raise hell. If you argue with them enough, they'll eventually bend over backwards to please you.

Does Target sell a China Rising version of BF4 with the gold stripe across it?  I know they have a special AC4 version with a red stripe across it.

My store is showing NFS and Killzone in stock but no Lego Marvel. Anyone found Lego Marvel today? How accurate has the inventory checker been so far today? I've got the game coming from the B2G1 sale online but I'm thinking it may be worth trying to grab the other two games with the 30% off two coupon now and getting them down a bit more then just returning the NFS and Killzone copies I got online.

Thats bullshit. I wasn't planning on going out but its on now.

If Target is now wise, I'll most likely give up after my experience today.

Apparently my Target is too efficient.  I took four cards to the front to ring up separately.  The cashier was newish and asked a co-worker how to handle them.  She told her that they had to be done in Electronics.  I told her that I was able to do it up front in the past and that attracted a third employee who reiterated that it must be done in Electronics and that they have to keep the top half of the reservation card.  I again told them that was not my past experience but I was outnumbered and sent packing back to Electronics.

I only humored them because I wanted to talk to someone back there about having to process them in Electronics.  He told me that you could do it up front but stressed that they like to have you do it in Electronics because they keep the top half to hold the pre-orders.  He told me that he could ring my up there but I said no and explained the situation and although he hadn't heard of any coupons, he understood what I was trying to do and apologized.

(I was also worried that if they did break off the top, I wouldn't be able to return them!)

I figured I just try again tomorrow, but if the jig is up...not worth the hassle.

I was really just trying to figure out how to get the LE of Kingdom Hearts on the cheap.  Thinking of two more similarly priced games was tough anyway...

Congrats to you successful CAG's!

How can you track if Target has NFS?

Our store hasn't gotten the memo. Regardless all employees have been accepting the coupons...we're sold out of the games I want however...

the cashier was giving me a really hard time lol. i suggest u guys do this as quickly as possible before they run out of the games yall want.

They have a "valid" reason I suppose. On the back of the coupon if you read the extremely small text, somewhere in the middle it says, "cannot be combined with other offers." This is their reason for denial. That and they have prolly lost hundreds of thousands of dollars due to the coupon and b2g1 offer. I scored 6 games - 2 free. :)

They have a "valid" reason I suppose. On the back of the coupon if you read the extremely small text, somewhere in the middle it says, "cannot be combined with other offers." This is their reason for denial. That and they have prolly lost hundreds of thousands of dollars due to the coupon and b2g1 offer. I scored 6 games - 2 free. :)
They really should be more aware of what promotions they run concurrently. Fine print or not, it's their own fault. 30% off 2 video games is a huge amount to discount knowing full well there are 2 next-gen consoles hitting during that period.

Gah my target Manger was being mean

She took 30% off two games, but that just made the machine remove the discounted game, so it ended up being $110 total, I will try and get refund at different store.

Gah my target Manger was being mean

She took 30% off two games, but that just made the machine remove the discounted game, so it ended up being $110 total, I will try and get refund at different store.
shouldn't work like that....computer should've asked her how much coupon was worth....

Tried buying 2 Sleeping Dogs cards separately today, voila the 30% coupon printed after the second card.

Purchased 3x copies of Xbox 360 COD Ghosts Hardened Edition for $181.xx without an override. This was at 3:30PST in Arizona.

Thanks for posting, the coupon saved me $72.

Can confirm this. Had a friend just get back from Target and got denied. He was trying to get Ghosts Batman and ACIV for 360. He said right when he pulled out the coupon they immediately said "You can't use that coupon on the B2G1 offer. Sorry". They are already all over it.\
My friend and I just came from Target in LA and we bought a total of 9 games. They also just received NBA 2k14 so I guess we scored. The dude recognized me from my earlier trip in the morning. Didn't have no problem.

NFS is very elusive in Florida. I've been calling Targets and Gamestops, both have been saying "we don't have a SKU for that on PS4". Then when they double-check they find it, sound confused, and just tell me they haven't received it yet.

I'm holding out hoping that NFS will show up before the week, and promotion, are gone. Target really doesn't have many titles I want so even after NFS it'll be tough to find two more games.

bread's done
Back