30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

Kevlar338

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Coupon is no longer printing out at the registers . However I'm thinking someone should start a dedicated target coupon thread . I don't have time to keep up with it or I would do it myself . Between this and the magical b2g1 coupon there are some great deals to be had .

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from Target and I picked up Knack, Need for Speed Rivals and an extra copy of Killzone for a friend.  The manager gave the 30% override with no issues.  It was funny though seeing the employees using a calculator to figure out what 30% off $120 was.

i got killzone, cod, and the last copy of knack at my store...had a very nice supervisor come over and override the 30% off coupon.  ended up giving me 38 dollars off my total and commented on what a great coupon it was!  LOL!

oh, and another coupon printed out for me during the transaction! 

flex45 said:
They have a "valid" reason I suppose. On the back of the coupon if you read the extremely small text, somewhere in the middle it says, "cannot be combined with other offers." This is their reason for denial. That and they have prolly lost hundreds of thousands of dollars due to the coupon and b2g1 offer. I scored 6 games - 2 free.
This mistake is pretty benign compared to Walmart's slip up earlier last week. At worst, they're just not making any money off of us. Still makes me feel guilty, though.

Well, I had to pick the one cashier who's grasp of English wasn't the greatest.  He ended up ringing all my $1 thingies in one sale, but I got the coupon first time out.

Had no problem doing it with B2G1, and got Fire Emblem, Project X Zone, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I just got Ghosts, Killzone, and NFS - all PS4 games - with the B2G1 promotion and a 30% off two games coupon WITHOUT an override. Someone else in the other thread had the same experience buying three PS4 games

Well, went back to the downtown Minneapolis location after my original six (separate) transactions. Made three more as a "one last try" effort to no avail, then on the way out I decided to go for a hail mary and attempt to purchase three COD reservations at the self checkout line. Put two of them in and realized I should be buying one at a time, so I canceled the transaction and on my 12th item (counting the various locations and cash registers prior) a coupon finally fu&@!ing spit out. 

Purchased AC, Killzone and BF4 (exchanging that for Knack when they get more in stock) with the B2G1 deal and the 30% off deal for a grand total of $90 after tax. There wasn't an override needed and both cashiers were severely jealous of the bargain I snagged haha.

So, for any of you who keep striking out with getting the coupon, I'd say try and scan a handful of items at a self-checkout if your location has one. 

Noob question but is this only printing out at super target or either one?
My Target is a regular one and I was able to get a coupon for pre ordering ACIV and Watch_Dogs a couple of days ago.

I was just at the store and the manager gave me no grief whatsoever overriding the coupon for 30% + B2G1. All of the employees were super nice about the whole thing, they almost seemed inspired by the whole transaction. I picked up Killzone, ACIV, and BF4 for $87 and got a $5 gc for ACIV.

I shared the info with a lady that was picking up 6 games for her son and she thought I was pulling her leg. She took the last 3 cozies up and said she got one coupon for the cozies and she said she got her second one buying gum... I spent my $5 gc on candy trying to get one, but no luck. She might not have been paying attention.

I'd really like to get another coupon since they last til mid December. I hope everyone's experience is as great as mine was!

My trip worked out perfectly for me! Earlier in the week I was told games wouldn't be out until Friday, but knowing that ACIV among others were released today, I called to check. And yep, all games out on the floor dammit.

So I swung by, got the last copy of Knack along with Killzone and COD for PS4. Coupon didn't work at first, I played it cool, and they just manually entered in the discount. $87. Took about 2 minutes.

Good luck to everyone else!

@ispy - I was at the NE Minneapolis Target! Good to see another local CAG taking advantage of this offer.

So quick question. I already bought my ps4 games but didn't have a coupon with me. If I go back in with my coupon could/will they be able to take off the discount?

So I got another 30% off coupon tonight and went to a newer target.

I got Knack, BF4 and GTA5 (PS3) and the 30% coupon stacked without the need for a manual override.

6 games for $171.41.  $28.57 per!  Are you kidding me!

D0F8A177-1CC0-41B3-BBC7-D027334770D9-2348-000001D6FA6C7EF0_zpsf373b34c.jpg

Wow, that's pretty awesome that people are now reporting the coupon is working on PS4 games without the need for an override.

Pro-tip on acquiring the 30% off coupons:

Screw the multiple transaction lottery.  Just take one $1 reservation card to the cashier and say "I have an odd request.  I heard a coupon prints out on about 1 out of 4 scans when scanning this card.  Would you mind scanning it and then voiding the transaction and repeating the process a few times until it the machine spits out the coupon?  Then I'll buy it once the coupon comes out."

I've done this a few times and it works most of the time if you're nice and if the cashier is fairly cool.  A few may be grouchy or stubborn and insist that the coupons only print out after the purchase is made and the receipt is printed, but that is 100% wrong.  The coupon definitely prints out upon item scan.

Just bought last copy of knack, madden, and assasins creed 4 all ps4. 30% coupon took off $36 automatically without override. Then handed the casheir my assassins creed 4 ps4 preorder card and even that went through without a hitch. Register automatically prompted the cashier to give the 5 dollar gift card. Very pleased.

Did two seperate purchases for one preorder. Didn't get a coupon.

Also, the inventory checker posted earlier is not accurate in the sense it's on the sales floor. They have them in the back waiting to be released on Friday. This was the Ontario, California location.

Well, went back to the downtown Minneapolis location after my original six (separate) transactions. Made three more as a "one last try" effort to no avail, then on the way out I decided to go for a hail mary and attempt to purchase three COD reservations at the self checkout line. Put two of them in and realized I should be buying one at a time, so I canceled the transaction and on my 12th item (counting the various locations and cash registers prior) a coupon finally fu&@!ing spit out.

Purchased AC, Killzone and BF4 (exchanging that for Knack when they get more in stock) with the B2G1 deal and the 30% off deal for a grand total of $90 after tax. There wasn't an override needed and both cashiers were severely jealous of the bargain I snagged haha.

So, for any of you who keep striking out with getting the coupon, I'd say try and scan a handful of items at a self-checkout if your location has one.
I don't believe ringing them up in separate transactions really helps your chances. I do my transactions in pairs instead of singles.

Yes. I got 6 ps4 games for $170 after B2G1, 30% off (manual), REDcard, and tax. All on one receipt.

To clarify, the B2G1 rang up without issue packaging 3 games, removing one, and packaging another 3, removing another. The guy calculated 30% of the total and entered 71.99 as the coupon value which required manager approval. Explanation being that the coupon doesn't like PS4 games (nothing to do with stacking on the B2G1 offer) - consistent with what someone else stated earlier.
It didn't work as planned, and now I see why...I tried getting 6, PS3 games. The coupon rang automatically, but only on 2 games. With others reporting that PS4 are ringing automatically with the coupon now, we'll all likely need 1 per transaction now. Before going to electronics I tried getting another...no go. After 8-10 tries the cashier gave me the stink eye so I left her alone and just went back to electronics. After the coupon rang like that I left with just 3 games.

As a bonus though, I went to trade a game to BBY right after, and had a chatty rep. I'd mentioned that I was trading in so I could buy PS4 games. He said that they'll match the B2G1 at Target! I had this gift card now so I bit and bought the other games I was wanting and as an ULTRA Bonus, it rang us as "$12 off Vid Gm Bndl" after each game, which I assume is the 20% GCU bonus. So $96 + tax for those 3, and the $25 in bonus points on the way, plus regular points of like $12. Sooooo, $20 each and $60 total for 3 PS4 games. I think that's right up there with the best "are you kidding me" of good deals today. I may just return all of my 3 Target PS4 games and go back to visit the same guy tomorrow again at BBY!

EDIT: $25 bonus at BBY says one award per member, so I'll stay as-is, but today was awesome!

I just got back from the Pembroke Mall Target in Virginia Beach.  Picked up Killzone, CoD and ACBF and was shocked when the coupon worked without an override.  I saw at least one other post reporting the same thing.  I find this kind of strange considering reports of the memo circulating about denying the coupon on the B2G1 offer.  It seemed to me that they worked to fix the problem just in time to start denying it outright.

I tried to get this coupon using two $1 Watch Dogs preorder cards for the PS4 but I got nothing. I did the B2G1 deal on Batman Origins, AC4 and GTA V for the PS3 for $120 + tax. I then went to customer service and returned the preorder cards and got my $2 back. 

This was in the Sterling West Store in Northern Virginia. I will go back and try using around 4 or more cards like some suggested and report back. If I do get the coupon I will return the games and buy them back. I haven't opened any of them yet.

I originally wasn't planning to buy any more games after buying 6 on Sunday (all PS3 and 3DS) but shortly after the post earlier that stores are being notified to not allow the 30% with the B2G1 I ended up having to run into town. So...yeah. Stopped by again.  I was worried they wouldn't allow the coupon but it was no issue at all. The guy scanned it and it worked. So I have now added to my haul AC4 (PS3), The Last of Us, and Skyrim. Plus both the guys in electronics were total crazy gamers and we had a good discussion on what I should buy  :razz:  So my total right now is 3 3DS games and 6 PS3 games.  I have months and months of backlog right now.

Plus at the front register I had the cashier scan a coozie I had previously purchased and it spit out the coupon first try. So win!

Just went to Target @ Christiana Mall in Delaware. Took a pre-order card to the self-checkout and as soon as I scanned the first one, it spit out a 30%coupon. Didn't need to purchase it.

I then went to get my games but they didn't have ANY PS4 games out... so i had to ask and they eventually brought them all out.

I got Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, and FIFA 14 all for ps4. 

Total price was $179.97 - $59.99 = $119.98 for the B2G1. Then 30% off = $83.98. THEN I had an old groupon that saved me $5 more, bringing the total down to $78.98! so I paid ~$26/game and Refund value for each game says $40. hmmm :whee:

Just went to Target @ Christiana Mall in Delaware. Took a pre-order card to the self-checkout and as soon as I scanned the first one, it spit out a 30%coupon. Didn't need to purchase it.

I then went to get my games but they didn't have ANY PS4 games out... so i had to ask and they eventually brought them all out.

I got Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, and FIFA 14 all for ps4.

Total price was $179.97 - $59.99 = $119.98 for the B2G1. Then 30% off = $83.98. THEN I had an old groupon that saved me $5 more, bringing the total down to $78.98! so I paid ~$26/game and Refund value for each game says $40. hmmm :whee:
oooo... ok So wait, you guys are doing this through the self checkout lane?

I was worried about them catching on to the 30% coupon stacking with the b2g1 and putting a stop to it . However I was thrilled to death that it actually stacked in the first place , got all my games at 9 this morning and couldn't be happier about it . Walking out with 3 next gen games for around 90 $ is just plain awesome . Glad so many people got in on the deal .

The coupon definitely prints out upon item scan.
I don't believe this is always the case, and may depend on the system they're using. At both Targets I went to, the coupons DID NOT print out until the transaction was completed.

I was finally able to return the first set of reservation cards at the second Target I went to, but ended up finding a bunch of koozies, so thankfully didn't have to go that route again. The cashier didn't want to ring them up at first, but then another guy came by and said just give them to me (for free), but I insisted that I had no problem paying a penny for them. :p

I just got back from the Pembroke Mall Target in Virginia Beach. Picked up Killzone, CoD and ACBF and was shocked when the coupon worked without an override. I saw at least one other post reporting the same thing. I find this kind of strange considering reports of the memo circulating about denying the coupon on the B2G1 offer. It seemed to me that they worked to fix the problem just in time to start denying it outright.
What's this memo you speak of, link?

oooo... ok So wait, you guys are doing this through the self checkout lane?
Yeah, that's what i did. I scanned the pre-order card and immediately heard the coupon printing. I went back later and tried it 2 more times but had no luck and didn't care enough to actually pay the $1 to see if it would work after the transaction.

Got 3 gameds today for ps4. I really don't need more games, but this sale is so awesome that I might come back tomorrow just for the thrill lol

Never pre ordered from there before, but I spent $25 on that pre order card so they better hold it. I'm going to call Thursday and make sure there saving the consoles for all the pre orders and I'm still going to be there when they open also. It's going to be cold Thursday tho so I really want to show up as close to 8:00 a.m. as possible. I'll probably just sit in my car unless there is a big crowd though.

i'm worried about this aswell. how good is Target with console pre-orders
I got my Wii U from them. I walked back to the electronics section and handed them the pre-order card and the receipt. They slid open the drawer and puller out a Wii U for me. There was only 5 deluxe pre-ordered and I was the 4th to get there. I know this is a lot different because they should have extra stock on hand. I think anyone with a pre-order will be fine. If you don't, better get there early..

What's this memo you speak of, link?
I was just going off what someone posted a couple pages back. We were being warned that Target had circulated a memo instructing the stores to deny the coupon on the B2G1 offer and that we should hurry out to get the deal before it made the rounds. Based on the recent postings, I'm starting to think it's a few rogue stores denying the deal rather than a global decision passed down from corporate.

Which location in south Florida?

Also did you get it on your first attempt?

will save me a trip
I live in Miami also if that's what you're asking and manage to get it. Wasted $4 and ended up getting 2 of them. According to the chick some other guy earlier was trying to get 12 pre-order cards and the coupon never popped out.

Tried to get the 30% coupon to pop in the NE and downtown Target in Minneapolis. Bought six reservations and a COD tag in the downtown location (electronics department and front) and three reservations at the front of the NE Target. Disappointed, but I suppose I'll pick up AC, Killzone and Knack in Amazon's B2G1 today.

Maybe the coupon will pop when I return everything as it looks like some others have experienced that. Anyone else have luck around the Twin Cities?
Hey, I went to the Target on East Lake Street in Minneapolis this morning and got the deal to work no problem. Took 5 different $1 reservation cards to the front checkout, asked nicely to ring them up separately, and got the coupon on #1 and #5. Returned them at customer service, went back to electronics, and got Pokemon X, Mario 3D Land, and Luigi's Mansion for $54. Forgot my Redcard at home but that's okay. I'm saving the other coupon for Super Mario 3D World and Zelda 3DS next week.

I saw a stack of reservation cards sitting on a shelf and thought another CAG had probably been there, maybe it was you?

I was just going off what someone posted a couple pages back. We were being warned that Target had circulated a memo instructing the stores to deny the coupon on the B2G1 offer and that we should hurry out to get the deal before it made the rounds. Based on the recent postings, I'm starting to think it's a few rogue stores denying the deal rather than a global decision passed down from corporate.
I would have seen the memo if it was a company-wide thing and I didn't. Sounds like a few stores.

I took one Dead Rising 3 Preorder card up and it spit the 30% off coupon out on my first try.  I then went and picked up Knack, Call of Duty, and Need for Speed Rivals, all for PS4.  I am having second thoughts on Knack and Call of Duty so has anyone been able to exchange any of the games straight up for another PS4 game?

Btw my store did need an override but just a regular employee did it manually and took 30% off of each game.  This was around 6pm central time zone.

I live in Miami also if that's what you're asking and manage to get it. Wasted $4 and ended up getting 2 of them. According to the chick some other guy earlier was trying to get 12 pre-order cards and the coupon never popped out.
lol wow, 12. i'll try 4 and hopefully, it pops up. Was it the Bird Road Location or Cutler Ridge or?

I went to Target this morning to exchange the COD: Ghosts I got on Sunday for BF. I had the chick return all of the games I got on Sunday and re-ring Knack, Killzone and AC4. I also gave her the coupon. She rang everything through scanned the coupon, and I was waiting for her to call a manager over for an override, but instead she gave me my total.

Looks like the coupon stacks all on its own now, but it gives 30% off of two games making them $42 each, and then rings up another game at $60. With this, one of the $42 Games becomes free leaving a total of 3 games for ~$102. Not as good as getting an override for $84, but still a great deal overall.

bread's done
Back