30% off sale at my local Gamestop

xbob

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
I went into a new Gamestop (3 mo. old) for the first time today and they had a 30% off sale on selected games that had the sticker. A lot of games had the sticker, mostly games released over 6 months ago. Plus, there were some with 20% and 10% off. A lot of really new stuff was still full $50 - no discount. Check with your store before making the trip. I have no idea if it was just this store (Laurel, MD) or if it is everywhere. I checked the website and there was no mention of it.

I ended up getting WarioWare for the GBA for $21 (I missed the Target $20 sale last week). I also got Xbox Disney Skate Adventure (hold your laughter please until you hear the price) for $14. There were plenty of good deals. These were just two games I was waiting to get until they were cheap. I am a cheap ass after all...

By the way, the games on sale were NEW not used. I asked and buying used would have cost more since they weren't on sale.

[quote name='xbob']I also got Xbox Disney Skate Adventure (hold your laughter please until you hear the price) for $14. [/quote]

No laughter here, thats a damn good game, the music just gets obnoxious after a while, even though its catchy at first there are only about six songs.

if you buy 4 used games at EB, you get 30% off. i was thinking of getting Brave Fencer Musashi ($15), Fear Effect ($10), Vagrant Story ($15), and FF VIII ($10) non GH, my old one was stolen.

I haven't played the Disney Skate game yet, but I just checked the box and it supports custom soundtracks. So I guess I can listen to my own tunes (like the new Incubus I also picked up today) rather than the in game music. Thanks for the backing me up on the purchase. I figured it would just be some more THPS4 type gameplay and I liked that one.

The last time I checked my local Gamestop, the only sale was 30% off all Dreamcast stuff. I'll drop by tomorrow to see if there is any other sale going on.

[quote name='xbob']I haven't played the Disney Skate game yet, but I just checked the box and it supports custom soundtracks. So I guess I can listen to my own tunes (like the new Incubus I also picked up today) rather than the in game music. Thanks for the backing me up on the purchase. I figured it would just be some more THPS4 type gameplay and I liked that one.[/quote]

Yeah its the same engine as THPS. I have the PS2 version, so I am forced to endure the music. The new incubus album is pretty decent too. Well thats cool for you!

[quote name='XCutioner93']The last time I checked my local Gamestop, the only sale was 30% off all Dreamcast stuff. I'll drop by tomorrow to see if there is any other sale going on.[/quote]

I've noticed the 30% off selected games too, although I've only seen it on PC games (quite a lot too). I got Moto GP2 for the PC for $14 this way.

[quote name='Indiana']My gamestop doesn't even have Dreamcast stuff on sale! :shock:[/quote]

Same here, my Gamestop only has the N64 stuff on sale.

For 30% off new select games, I would definitely pick up Gunstar Super Heroes even if its been gutted, hopefully it's on the list.

Edit: I can't believe I didn't even notice how old this thread was.

I saw 30% off and was getting hyped up, since I planned on preordering the FFX12 LE there today. Then a few posts down I remember that "Should I sell Zelda?" thread and looked at the two-year-old date :( Damn you, old topic bumper! Damn you! ;-;

they've got this at my local gamestop as well...tons of PC games, as well as E-reader cards, a ton of guides, some toys and Donkey Konga with the bongos are part of the sale. Nothing was really worth it though.

^^^Shorty + Indiana posting right after each other :lol:

bread's done
Back