$30 off Switch games in-store at Staples

Action Jacktion

CAGiversary!
Download the Staples app and log in to your account (you have to have an account). At the bottom of the screen is a red button with the Staples logo. Press it and then at the top right of the next screen tap "Get Coupons." A coupon for $30 off Switch games will come up. The coupon can only be used in-store and expires April 13th.

The Staples website doesn't have a specific section for Switch games, though it does have (empty) sections for Wii and DS. Anyway, their entire Nintendo selection is here:

www.staples.com/Nintendo/cat_CG3649

You can check to see which games are in stock at which stores. Unfortunately my local store doesn't have anything at all, but others seem to have some games.

Sadly my store doesn’t have jack shit.
This has been on SD for a few days. The online inventory is not accurate. Go into the store to check. Staples must set their website to show in store inventory at -2 or -3

Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Engage, Nintendo Switch Sports and Splatoon 3 are free after coupon
Pokemon Violet is like $1.xx
Mario Odyssey is $6 or $7

Below are some other games that I've seen:

Animal Crossing
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Mario Kart 8
Mario Party Superstars
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Pokemon Legends Arceus
Princess Peach
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Wonder
Super Smash Bros

Last edited:
This has been on SD for a few days. The online inventory is not accurate. Go into the store to check. Staples must set their website to show in store inventory at -2 or -3

Fire Emblem Engage, Nintendo Switch Sports and Splatoon 3 are free after coupon
Pokemon Violet is like $1.xx
Mario Odyssey is $6 or $7

Below are some other games that I've seen:

Animal Crossing
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Mario Kart 8
Mario Party Superstars
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Pokemon Legends Arceus
Princess Peach
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Wonder
Super Smash Bros

Thanks. I might take a peek in my local store then.

I did this yesterday, got Mario vs Donkey Kong for 19.99... Would have gotten Mario RPG as well, but only one per coupon. Also the online stock showed none in store, but they were in the shelf, and one of the associates even looked for others in the backroom.

Were your games already on sale at the store plus the coupon?
The games that are free or under $10 appear to be on clearance and it seems to be nationwide. None of the stores I've gone to have had correct signage. The terms of the coupon do say that they exclude clearance though so that might be an issue if they want to read the coupon terms instead of just scanning it

They had a lot in my store but would not let me use it on clearance games. Still grabbed Splatoon 3 at the $30 clearance price and Super Mario 3D World with the coupon (had most of the rest).

Edit: decided I really didn’t want to spend $30 for Super Mario 3D World (still have it on Wii U). So went back, returned it and grabbed Kirby. Had a different CSR and was able to use the coupon. Figured it would be less noticeable if I got two games.

Not as good as you guys getting games for free but Splatoon 3 and Kirby for $35 is a great deal to me! Thanks OP!

Last edited:
I made out like a bandit, price matched Walmart and had friends make accounts to get more coupons
Did them all on separate transactions
Tears of the kingdom 20
Mario Party Superstars 21
Super Mario RPG 16
Mario Kart 8 10
Cashier was real cool about it, gave her the skinny and she nabbed Princess Peach Showtime for like 20ish

I made out like a bandit, price matched Walmart and had friends make accounts to get more coupons
Did them all on separate transactions
Tears of the kingdom 20
Mario Party Superstars 21
Super Mario RPG 16
Mario Kart 8 10
Cashier was real cool about it, gave her the skinny and she nabbed Princess Peach Showtime for like 20ish
They let you price match 3rd party sellers on walmart?

I had great luck. Would’ve gotten Smash and price matched it to Walmart but the store manager couldn’t find it in back. Bought these 3 for a grand total of $1.55!

IMG_8096.jpeg

These were all clearance and would cost you either nothing or as much as 7 bucks!

IMG_8092.jpeg

You made 3 different accounts and they let you use all 3 in the same transaction?
Walked out after my first one and created a new one. When I went back in I just said my wife just sent me hers. Guy didn’t bat an eye and did my second transaction. After that I went to another Staples and would’ve done two transactions there under the same guise but the store manager couldn’t find a copy of Smash. He was ready and willing to price match it to Walmart too.

For those that are getting the games for free or close to nothing by combining the coupon with clearance sales, do they make it clear that they're all on clearance?

Or did you only find out once they were rung up? My Staples last time I visited had games in stock, but it didn't show a clearance label or anything, so I wasn't sure if it's worth going back to check or not.

For those that are getting the games for free or close to nothing by combining the coupon with clearance sales, do they make it clear that they're all on clearance?

Or did you only find out once they were rung up? My Staples last time I visited had games in stock, but it didn't show a clearance label or anything, so I wasn't sure if it's worth going back to check or not.
My store didn’t even have probably 75% of the games displayed. I had to have someone bring out the games for me to look at. No prices.

She knew immediately that the game I got was a clearance item due to it ending in .46. And she even said, “I don’t think this coupon will work on clearance items.” But she tried and it worked. And was like “oh wow” and just let me have it for free.

I may go back again for another. Didn’t want to push it.

Last edited:
p

none of the stores I went to had correct tags and no one cared that the games were free. the clearance pricing appears to be nationwide

My store didn’t even have probably 75% of the games displayed. I had to have someone bring out the games for me to look at. No prices.

She knew immediately that the game I got was a clearance item due to it ending in .46. And she even said, “I don’t think this coupon will work on clearance items.” But she tried and it worked. And was like “oh wow” and just let me have it for free.

I may go back again for another. Didn’t want to push it.

p

none of the stores I went to had correct tags and no one cared that the games were free. the clearance pricing appears to be nationwide

Oh wow, will definitely have to go back then, thanks

The stores closest to me don’t have video games. The closest one is 45 minutes east in another city. There‘s a few other locations with games but they’re even further than that.

Deal might be dead. Tried another store a little bit ago and the coupon didn’t apply for a game that was 29.46. A couple friends are gonna try at another one later and if they don’t work then I think it’s safe to say it’s been fixed globally.

Deal might be dead. Tried another store a little bit ago and the coupon didn’t apply for a game that was 29.46. A couple friends are gonna try at another one later and if they don’t work then I think it’s safe to say it’s been fixed globally.
That’s a bummer! Good while it lasted!

Surprised it took them this long. What game was it?

I can't believe they let you guys 'buy' games for $0.

That makes no sense lmao

Luckily no Staples near me to go on a goose hunt, but I'd kinda feel bad about trying that specifically even if I did.

Not all the Nintendo Switch games at Staples are on clearance. It all depends on each store. This morning I tried to purchase Nintendo Switch Sports and Splatoon 3, each were already marked clearance (yellow-tag) on the shelf while the other games were not and were regular price. The cashier attempted to scan the coupon on my phone but said the coupon would not work on clearance. In the past two days I did grab Super Mario Bros Wonder, LoZ Tears of the Kingdom, and Super Mario Odyssey at three different Staples marked at regular-price, price-match them and then apply the coupon and it worked.

The sale is not over, it lasts until 4/13 The Terms of Use of the coupon states the following:

IMG_1741.png

Not all the Nintendo Switch games at Staples are on clearance. It all depends on each store. This morning I tried to purchase Nintendo Switch Sports and Splatoon 3, each were already marked clearance (yellow-tag) on the shelf while the other games were not and were regular price. The cashier attempted to scan the coupon on my phone but said the coupon would not work on clearance. In the past two days I did grab Super Mario Bros Wonder, LoZ Tears of the Kingdom, and Super Mario Odyssey at three different Staples marked at regular-price, price-match them and then apply the coupon and it worked.

The sale is not over, it lasts until 4/13 The Terms of Use of the coupon states the following:
It sounds like they finally fixed the coupon working with clearance items.

Is it just 1st party Nintendo stuff that Staples carries? I pretty much own or have played all the Nintendo games on switch that I’d be interested in. But if they have stuff like Unicorn Overlord or Prince of Persia for $30 off then I’d definitely go on a treasure hunt today.

Also, anyone by chance in Colorado Springs and knows if the two Staples even carry Switch games or have much of a selection?

Is it just 1st party Nintendo stuff that Staples carries? I pretty much own or have played all the Nintendo games on switch that I’d be interested in. But if they have stuff like Unicorn Overlord or Prince of Persia for $30 off then I’d definitely go on a treasure hunt today.

Also, anyone by chance in Colorado Springs and knows if the two Staples even carry Switch games or have much of a selection?
Yes, they carry first-party Nintendo Switch games only, no third-party games.

No real luck at my Staples. Bunch of $60 Switch games I already own or have played (standards like Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda etc) and they were sold out of Mario v DK, which I probably would’ve scooped up with the coupon cuz $20 isn’t bad. Sold out of Princess Peach too but $30 off still didn’t make it look appealing to me anyway.

Nice deal though for anyone who doesn’t already have all the big Nintendo games.

I went to a Staples near my work yesterday and bought Super Mario Wonder for $30 with coupon. They also had FE Engage for $29.46, but I already own that.

Was a good deal overall. Managed to get a bit but sucks they nerfed on clearance games on the last day or two on the deal

Last edited:
I went back into Staples after this deal ended and found that the $59.99 that had previously sold out, (Super Mario Wonder and LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom) had been restocked. I had to drive to multiple locations to get those titles during the sale. I thought Staples was doing away with games all-together, but maybe they're still emptying out warehouses of excess stock.

I went back into Staples after this deal ended and found that the $59.99 that had previously sold out, (Super Mario Wonder and LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom) had been restocked. I had to drive to multiple locations to get those titles during the sale. I thought Staples was doing away with games all-together, but maybe they're still emptying out warehouses of excess stock.
Did they actually say they were sold out? I wonder if they even know what is back in the locked areas where they store the games

bread's done
Back