30% Trade-In Bonus...is Back...Again...

Worked for me today. One of my friends was working, so it was an easy transaction.

Got myself a 1600 Microsoft Points card and paid off Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii/$54.XX).

Excitement.

[quote name='EwaAzn']Looks like I should acquire an Edge card for the extra %'s. How much is one?[/quote]

$15 and you get 12 free issues of Game Informer.

[quote name='classact']Tony Hawk Proving Ground? anyone have the idea of trade in for that on the 360?[/quote]

Can anyone help with this one? I have 2 copies of the ltd version I woul like to unload.

[quote name='farley91']$15 and you get 12 free issues of Game Informer.[/QUOTE]

Or dig up that awesome thread about getting one for $2 (though you wouldn't receive it in time for this particular deal)...

[quote name='InvaderZim']Can anyone help with this one? I have 2 copies of the ltd version I woul like to unload.[/quote]

15 for the regualr, not sure if they give more for the ltd.

[quote name='pimpinc333']When you use credit you have to pay no tax whatsoever. They taxed you those actual couple bucks out of your pocket.[/QUOTE]

My store always charges tax for everything. Even store credit transactions. I paid off AW:DoR the other day with credit and it was $38 something, accounting for tax. They don't believe me when I tell them it shouldn't be taxed, I assume it's just done so they can charge more.

[quote name='loxthefox']Stupid question, but how much % do I lose for cash?[/quote]

I know locally, you lose 20% of the base value, as trade bonuses will not apply to cash trades.

Anyone try doing this twice yet? I was thinking about trading 2 copies of THPG:LE into EB games using the 40% bonus again to pay off DMC4 plus have a little extra for a rainy day.

[quote name='ParticleReality']Anyone try doing this twice yet? I was thinking about trading 2 copies of THPG:LE into EB games using the 40% bonus again to pay off DMC4 plus have a little extra for a rainy day.[/quote]

How much does THPG:LE go for?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']How much does THPG:LE go for?[/quote]

I just found out it would be $15. I decided not to do it and I'm just going to pay it off every week until the 5th.

what's a better trade in since I have a coupon for $10 extra bucks:

Zack & Wiki + Metroid Prime 3 + $10 xtra w/ coupon

or

Zack & Wiki + Metroid Prime 3 + 30% xtra

?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']From the latest newsletter...

http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gs30ut8.jpg[/quote]

Does anyone know when this ends? I just got all for of my wisdom teeth pulled :drool: so I won't be able to make it there for a couple of days.

Also - is it only on certian titles? (EX: they won't take older sports titles, or condemened etc?) Just remeber trading in a couple times and they wouldn't take certian titles towards it.

[quote name='Herbsnverbs']Does anyone know when this ends? I just got all for of my wisdom teeth pulled :drool: so I won't be able to make it there for a couple of days.

Also - is it only on certian titles? (EX: they won't take older sports titles, or condemened etc?) Just remeber trading in a couple times and they wouldn't take certian titles towards it.[/QUOTE]

It says on the bottom of the coupon 1/20/08. Yes they will take any title.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']what's a better trade in since I have a coupon for $10 extra bucks:

Zack & Wiki + Metroid Prime 3 + $10 xtra w/ coupon

or

Zack & Wiki + Metroid Prime 3 + 30% xtra

?[/quote]
According to the site, MP3 gets you $18. Assuming you don't have an edge card, as long as Zack & Wiki is worth at least $16, the 30% is better. If you have an edge card, if Zack & Wiki is worth at least $7, the 30% is better. If MP3 changes in trade in value, just use this. If you have edge card, the total of the 2 games needs to be $25 or more for the 30% to be better. If you don't, the total needs to be $34 or more for the 30% to be better.

And yes, I enjoyed the little math exercise.

I took in a few yesterday:
Assassin's Creed - 360 - 30/42
UT3 - PS3 - 25/35 (Surprised this is only good for $25)
Bioshock - 360 - 17/23.8
MGS:Twin Snakes - GC - 8/11.20

Total I got around $112 then got M:UA for around $10 after edge. That's enough for some GTA and a few cheap 360 or PSP games.

I just got a slim PSP off Craigslist with a bunch of games (and custom fw to boot!)

Anyway, most of the games I had no interest in, so I took advantage of this sale. By the way, the employee accepted my Edge Card, so this is w/ an extra 10%:

Lumines II - 6.00/8.40
-paid $10 new at TRU, so I practically break even

Tony Hawk's Project 8 - 10.00/14.00

FFVII Advent Children - 5.00/5.50
-unfortunately UMD movies don't count for the promo. But, I only paid $5 for a new copy, so I made .50 on buying it orginally

Mario Kart Double Dash - 15.00/21.00
-sad to see it go but I never play it anymore

Touch the Dead - 8.00/11.20
-got it on B2G1, didn't hate it, but didn't like it all that much either.

All if that stuff for a grand total of $69.90. Not bad at all!

[quote name='YabMan']15 for the regualr, not sure if they give more for the ltd.[/quote]

Wow, this is disapointing. I was hoping it was still like 20ish dollars for this. I got all excited because Proving Ground is on clearance at my local target for like 15 bucks and they have a good amt of copies. Even with 30% bonus I don't think it'd be worth buying 3 copies and trading it in. I figure I might make 10 bucks if my crappy math skills prove me right. Not too bad but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.

Just got back

OF NOTE

the family guy freakin' sweet collection that was packed in with the psp bundles trades for $11. I was very suprised.

you don't get the extra %30, but you can get the %10 with edge card

hope that helps some

for the wiki as of 1/16/08:
Simpsons the game (Xbox 360): $16 [$22.40 after 40%]
Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360): $30 [$42 after 40%]
Guitar Hero III game only (Xbox 360): $20 [$28 after 40%]
Gamecube Controller: $4 [$4.40 after 10%]

What totally sucked was when I tried to trade in Guitar Hero 3 and it was sealed (bought a second Guitar Hero 3 bundle for the guitar) - the manager told me he wouldn't take it due to corporate policy. I asked him if I could go ahead and open the game and trade it in after that and he said I would have to trade it in at a different store. Talk about a waste of time...

For the wiki...
Guitar Hero III PS3 game $15, guitar $20 (before 30%)

(and the bundle is 43.99 credit at Game Crazy)

Can't decide if it's worth just trading this in or making maybe $15 more trying to sell it online and then having to worry about finding a box and packaging, etc etc etc. But then I'll inevitably get the shaft on any games I pair with it, as well... hmmm

I wish I was as good at playing the system as some of you guys are!

I used the coupon today with a 10% edge card. I got 42.00 for Assassin's Creed,25.20 for BioShock,and 22.40 for Dirt. Thanks for the coupon dude!

Anyone have an idea on Heavenly Sword's value? Sadly, it's the only game I can trade-in at the moment that has any value (God of War and Scurge: Hive are the other two; I still need to beat Bioshock on Hard and play Assassin's Creed before sending them in. I'm also working on Devil May Cry 3.)

[quote name='espionage']What totally sucked was when I tried to trade in Guitar Hero 3 and it was sealed (bought a second Guitar Hero 3 bundle for the guitar) - the manager told me he wouldn't take it due to corporate policy. I asked him if I could go ahead and open the game and trade it in after that and he said I would have to trade it in at a different store. Talk about a waste of time...[/quote]

Can somebody confirm if this really is policy? Because I have a sealed copy of Mario Galaxy that I was going to bring in tomorrow. I guess it doesn't make much of a difference, really, but it's kind of silly (I assume this is in place to keep thieves from trading in stolen games, but I'm sure the common criminal knows how to remove plastic just as well as I do).

[quote name='XorpheusX']Can somebody confirm if this really is policy? Because I have a sealed copy of Mario Galaxy that I was going to bring in tomorrow. I guess it doesn't make much of a difference, really, but it's kind of silly (I assume this is in place to keep thieves from trading in stolen games, but I'm sure the common criminal knows how to remove plastic just as well as I do).[/quote]

This has been reported by many people, so it would appear to be the company policy. I guess if you are a regular customer at a particular store, and they know you well enough to assume you didn't steal something, they would probably just let you open it and trade it in. I had a few sealed games lying around that didn't sell on eBay, so I opened them up at home, to avoid any potential headaches

Now, I'm just guessing here, but I think there could possibly be a decent line of reasoning behind the policy. They are probaly trying to protect themselves against large scale shoplifters that try to trade in a lot of games, who the company thinks a) could be too lazy to remove the wrapping and stickers from ten or more games and/or b) might not be familiar with GS policy (or even potentially think they could get more for new games or even return them without a receipt). Again, this is just me trying to apply logic to it.

My trade in earlier at Gamestop in Garden Grove, CA

animal crossing -nds- $11.00/15.40
pokemon pearl -nds- $18.00/25.20
pokemon diamond -nds- $18.00/25.20
castlevania dawn - nds- $7.00/9.80
bioshock -360- $18.00/25.20
call of duty 4 -360- $30.00/42.00
half life orange box -360- $24.00/33.60
halo 3 -360- $27.00/37.80
phantasy star universe -360- 8.00/11.20

Grand total of $225.40, went towards credit for a PS3.

Thanx OP!!!

If you have a sealed game you should just take it in to Wal-mart and do a return without reciept. You can do up to 5 or something a year. I flipped my Lair from Family-Video for $59.99 + tax in cash with no hassle at customer returns when I seen all the bad reviews. Especially since its right after Christmas. Just say it was a gift or something.

To everyone that has thanked me, you're welcome. But as always, if I didn't post it, someone else eventually would have. I just seem to get these e-mails early and have access to a computer at the moment I get them. Cheers.

I want to take advantage of this but I can't find anything I really want, other than Mass Effect or Uncharted, which is still at original MSRP, and people are ALREADY trading them in.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yes, let's not.[/quote]

I don't understand how its any worse then half the BS I see people do around here but ok...

[quote name='DongHungLong']I don't understand how its any worse then half the BS I see people do around here but ok...[/QUOTE]

See you're wrong there. What you do at Wal Mart is pretty much stealing. Please post the "B.S." you see other people doing here. Please do.

[quote name='DongHungLong']I don't understand how its any worse then half the BS I see people do around here but ok...[/quote]

Please point me in the direction of these other activities.

Knowingly returning an item to another store that it wasn't purchased from, especially for more than you paid for it is return fraud and is not allowed on here. Just because other sites, like Slick Deals, seem to condone this activity, we look down on it.

[quote name='Xo ColdKilla oX']Is gs still selling the Edge Card? Its looking like a really good now...
If it buy it when i go, can i use it that day?[/quote]

Yes, you can still get an Edge card. And yes, you can use it the day you get it. I did this when I got my PS3 awhile back and was trading in a ton of stuff.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yes, you can still get an Edge card. And yes, you can use it the day you get it. I did this when I got my PS3 awhile back and was trading in a ton of stuff.[/quote]
Its $15 rite? With the Game Informer Subs?

Hmmm I just beat Mass Effect and would liek to trade it in and build up my credit 1 bit more ( $191.xx already with 5 previous trade ins ). I need 2 more games to trade in. Hmmmmmm.........

[quote name='sp00ge']Please point me in the direction of these other activities.

Knowingly returning an item to another store that it wasn't purchased from, especially for more than you paid for it is return fraud and is not allowed on here. Just because other sites, like Slick Deals, seem to condone this activity, we look down on it.[/quote]definitely. I remember hearing on fat wallet some kid who got madden at 67% off. Ripping a store off is illegal, save for gamestop who rips everybody off.

Oh well...

Anway made some trades today. Seems AC has went down to $25 base :(.

PS3
AC $25 ~ 40% ~ $35
Uncharted $25 ~ 40% ~ $35
R&C TODF $25 ~ 40% ~ $35

PS2 (All After 40%)
Shinobi ~ $2.80
Madden 01 ~ $0.28
Dynasty Warriors ~ $2.10
Giants Citizen Kabuto ~ $0.70
Tony Hawk 3 ~ $1.40
GunGriffon Blaze ~ $1.05
Spider Man 2 ~ $4.20
Tak 3 ~ $3.50
Tekken Tag ~ $3.50
Dave Mirra ~ $1.40
Lord of The Rings x2 ~ $1.40
Lord of The Rings ~ $2.80 (Assume this one is Return of the King)
Prince of Persia SOT ~ $4.20
Madden 05 ~ $0.35
The Sims ~ $4.20
GT3 Aspect ~ $1.40
Nascar 05 Chase ~ $4.20
Soul Caliber 2 ~ $2.10
NFL Street ~ $0.70
ATV Off Road Fry ~ $1.40
WWE Smackdown 06 ~ $5.60

Pre-Own Total $155.68
Had like $3.50 in refurb expenses.

Bought Jak & Daxter 1 for $4.49 and place pre-orders for MGS4 & Condemned 2 (probably swap out depending on reviews).

[quote name='DongHungLong']Oh well...

Anway made some trades today. Seems AC has went down to $25 base :(.

PS3
AC $25 ~ 40% ~ $35
Uncharted $25 ~ 40% ~ $35
R&C TODF $25 ~ 40% ~ $35

PS2 (All After 40%)
Shinobi ~ $2.80
Madden 01 ~ $0.28
Dynasty Warriors ~ $2.10
Giants Citizen Kabuto ~ $0.70
Tony Hawk 3 ~ $1.40
GunGriffon Blaze ~ $1.05
Spider Man 2 ~ $4.20
Tak 3 ~ $3.50
Tekken Tag ~ $3.50
Dave Mirra ~ $1.40
Lord of The Rings x2 ~ $1.40
Lord of The Rings ~ $2.80 (Assume this one is Return of the King)
Prince of Persia SOT ~ $4.20
Madden 05 ~ $0.35
The Sims ~ $4.20
GT3 Aspect ~ $1.40
Nascar 05 Chase ~ $4.20
Soul Caliber 2 ~ $2.10
NFL Street ~ $0.70
ATV Off Road Fry ~ $1.40
WWE Smackdown 06 ~ $5.60

Pre-Own Total $155.68
Had like $3.50 in refurb expenses.

Bought Jak & Daxter 1 for $4.49 and place pre-orders for MGS4 & Condemned 2 (probably swap out depending on reviews).[/quote]

Weird, ac still shows as 30 on the site...

bread's done
Back