300 Gift Card from Gamestop- What to do, what to do?

magikal

CAGiversary!
Hello Everyone!
Sorry if this isn't the correct forum.. I am wondering what the best way is to turn the $300 Gift Card into cash.. Ebay charges too high fees.. I could buy some hardware like a PS3 and try to sell it on Craigslist.. or else get some Microsoft/PSN cards and sell those somewhere.. I guess I want to find out what people think is the easiest to sell.

Thanks!
J

I think you were on the right track all by yourself.

Buy MS Points/MS 12 Month Subscription cards and sell them, or a PS3.

I'd go the PS3 route. It's one item so it's a lot simpler than having to sell a bunch of XBL points/sub cards. Weeding out all of the flakes on CL is a chore and I'd rather do it once for a PS3 versus multiple times for the points/sub cards.

Go to gamestop when they are having the buy 2 get 1 free deals and sell them on ebay for fast cash. You should make more than $300 and that would cover ebay's fees. Buy high valued games.

[quote name='chickenbutt']If you have an Edge card, buy as many copies as you can of Mass Effect 2 and trade them in. You should get 56 bucks for each one.[/QUOTE]
He wants to turn his credit into cash. Plus the base trade-in value dropped to $30 today.

I'm not sure of the rules, but why not just try to sell the giftcard on Craigslist? If you go the PS3 route, you might have to spend some money out of pocket for tax.

[quote name='Skoad']He wants to turn his credit into cash. Plus the base trade-in value dropped to $30 today.

I'm not sure of the rules, but why not just try to sell the giftcard on Craigslist? If you go the PS3 route, you might have to spend some money out of pocket for tax.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did with my $224 in GS credit I had leftover after buying a bunch of stuff(had $350+ at one point). I sold it for $160 to someone locally.

Mind you, I lost 30% or so of the value, but it was nicer to have cash as opposed to credit.

bread's done
Back