300: The Complete Experience (Not a Deal but a question)

Mr.Swagga

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So I see there is going to be alot more bonus content but besides that it comes with the movie correct? If so is it going to be a better pic quality than other? I found 300 to be extremely grainy.

(Edit: For Blu Ray)

It was like that at the digital cinema. Snyder added grain in post, to the BD looks pretty damn close to the master(I assume).

It's the exact same encode from the original release, which was near perfect.

[quote name='shadowrage']It was like that at the digital cinema. Snyder added grain in post, to the BD looks pretty damn close to the master(I assume).

It's the exact same encode from the original release, which was near perfect.[/QUOTE]

So thats a yes its going to be grainy?

[quote name='Mr.Swagga']So thats a yes its going to be grainy?[/QUOTE]

Yes; it's intended to look that way. Film grain isn't a bad thing, lol

[quote name='lolwut?']Yes; it's intended to look that way. Film grain isn't a bad thing, lol[/QUOTE]

shit that's your opinion. I knew it was intended but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I find it annoying.Might be less noticeable on a flat screen and dvd. But on a blu ray and hdtv I can't help but be distracted by it.

So I see there is going to be alot more bonus content but besides that it comes
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Taste is subjective, but 300's claim to fame is the way it looks. The grain works.

The new Blu-Ray edition adds the features form the HD DVD version plus a bunch of new ones. It has deleted scenes so I'll probably have to get it.

Honestly if I ever do buy it I'll wait for it to be marked down really cheap. At one point in time I somehow had no less than THREE copies of the HD-DVD release. One was bought the day it was released, the second one came with my Toshiba HD-A30 that I bought during the HD-DVD clearance sales, and the third one was a Christmas gift from a family member who somehow thought I didn't have it already. Plus I swear just about every place that has any used HD-DVD titles will have at least ONE copy of this guaranteed.

[quote name='Mr.Swagga']shit that's your opinion. I knew it was intended but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I find it annoying.Might be less noticeable on a flat screen and dvd. But on a blu ray and hdtv I can't help but be distracted by it.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I guess it's my opinion, but it should really be a fact. Movies should be displayed the way the director intended.

If studios believed this, we wouldn't be getting these shitty releases that are DNR'd to hell because people think they don't look "clear" enough

I agree with Sporadic. Generally the director's intent is the way to go, but here and there they just make wacky decisions.

[quote name='lolwut?']Uh, I guess it's my opinion, but it should really be a fact. Movies should be displayed the way the director intended.

If studios believed this, we wouldn't be getting these shitty releases that are DNR'd to hell because people think they don't look "clear" enough[/QUOTE]

This. I also think it should be displayed the way the writers wanted it also. I don't know how much say a writer has in production and post production but they should have some. That way they can see if it is what they saw when they wrote it.

As for the DNR it don't think it looks as bad as people say. The T2 Skynet Edition people were bitching about a lot with the DNR. To me the movie looks great. However the director/writers should have 100% say in how the final product is seeing how it is their vision.

This isn't a deal, and it's a pointless argument where people won't agree...even though there is one right answer.

This thread should be closed.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']IGN sure liked it, gave it a perfect 10. http://bluray.ign.com/articles/100/1004623p1.html[/QUOTE]

If you look around there are about a even number of people who dislike the grain.That is there opinion.

[quote name='shadowrage']This isn't a deal, and it's a pointless argument where people won't agree...even though there is one right answer.

This thread should be closed.[/QUOTE]

No really? It was posted in the title it was a question. This was pointless post.

[quote name='Mr.Swagga']
No really? It was posted in the title it was a question. This was pointless post.[/QUOTE]
The pointless arguing started.

[quote name='Mr.Swagga']No really? It was posted in the title it was a question. This was pointless post.[/QUOTE]

You just aren't a pleasant poster, are you?

[quote name='Mr.Swagga']shit that's your opinion. I knew it was intended but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I find it annoying.Might be less noticeable on a flat screen and dvd. But on a blu ray and hdtv I can't help but be distracted by it.[/QUOTE]

So how do you feel about digital noise reduction that removes grain at the expense of making the picture look like someone rubbed sandpaper all over it?

[quote name='lolwut?']You just aren't a pleasant poster, are you?[/QUOTE]

Not when people come and try talk shit because I happen to not like the samething as another.

[quote name='Mr.Swagga']Not when people come and try talk shit because I happen to not like the samething as another.[/QUOTE]

lol, up until the post before yours, I don't think anyone was shit talking. You asked if it would have better picture quality, when it already has damn near perfect video quality as-is. Everyone was just repeating that

your problem is with the the film crew and the director. please go post on his fan forum or mail him a letter or something (avs forum maybe?). please stop posting your nonsense here, in a DEALS forum. that and it seems everyone disagrees with your anyhow.

so... um... leave? please?

kthxbye.

The grain on my 300 blu ray looks horrible, I don't know if it's because I got an early version or what (I got it right when it came out). My friend watched it on my tv (it was his first blu ray exposure) back then and he thought there was something wrong with either my TV or PS3 lol

Will 300: The Complete Experience have Sam Jackson in this version? I really bothers me that Sam Jackson isn't in this. This is for fucking sparta mother fucker. Adding aliens to the movie would be pretty nice too. Hopefully, they put this in the new version.

So basicly OP is saying he wants the director to change his artistic vision because grain bothers him, and would rather have something DNR'ed to all shit for even worse picture quality?

I will probably be getting this, since my neighbor who just picked up a Blu-Ray player will be willing to buy my old 300 copy for $10 so I won't have to own two copies.

On a side note, we should have a DVD/Blu-Ray discussion sub forum. Like how we have the Video Game Discussion (General, XBOX, PS3 etc) forums, and then the deals forums etc. I know this is primary a video game deals site, but CAG has grown over the years to simply being more that just that. Just a suggestion.

I didn't know the release date on this was this upcoming Tuesday, I saw it for sale last Wednesday at Walmart and wondered why I hadn't seen it in stores before.

I bet you can't stand when there's black bars on the screen either. Or when people try to explain that they're there because of aspect ratios.

Haha, I love how the lurkers are coming out to rage this kid. I second the Blu-Ray discussion topic, unless the new release thread is supposed to be the DVD section's version of that

hey, im not a lurker lol. ive been posting here for years ;)

back on topic, i wish Tarantino would release Pulp Fiction in a obviously superior version which reorders the film in chronological order.

I dont care about grain or not, i tend to prefer grain be left intact. But this thread, even with the complaining, is a good one because a lot of people have the bluray and might be thinking of picking this version up as well, or instead, and there's a lot to ask about the new version- did they remaster it? Are there any features in this version not in the HD DVD version (or vice versa)? Reasonable questions.

As for DNR/Grain, I wished CEs would put DNR settings either in the TV or in the player. This would let people who hate grain reduce it themselves, and give people who don't hate it the chance to enjoy it. Not that this will happen any time soon.

[quote name='postulio']back on topic, i wish Tarantino would release Pulp Fiction in a obviously superior version which reorders the film in chronological order.[/QUOTE]

why would this be obviously superior??

bread's done
Back