$31.50 GBA Micro 20th Anniversary at Sears MAJOR YMMV

WrestleCrap'sRD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Tried to get the GBA Micro via a price match today at CC (to TRU ad). Was told, "at Circuit City we price match every day...except today."

Then tried to get it at WalMart.com. Took two hours and still didn't work.

Finally was at the mall and saw they had GBA Micros, 20th Annviersary for $70. Asked the guy is he price matched and he said yes. Showed him the TRU ad, he gave it to me for that price...plus 10% since they weren't the lowest price. Didn't even say anything about it being a doorbuster sale at TRU, just said that was their policy. I thanked him and ran out the door with it.

Something to try if you've not been successful so far!

RD

I did this immediatley after reading your post. Went to TRU and grabbed an ad and went to Sears. They needed to grab a manager to override it, and I got one of the 20th Anniv. Famicom Minis. There was some grumbling that it wasn't one of the ones pictured and that it was an 'early bird' special, but they didn't really seem to care.

So...thanks a ton! I ALWAYS forget about pricematching.

I used the wal-mart ad at sears and got one for $36. The wal-mart ad has the limited edition version in the picture.

I went to TRU earlier today I had no success finding another flier so I googled the ad, printed it out and took it to Sears. I asked the employee if they did price matches he said yes and asked me what I wanted to price match he asked for the ad I showed it to him and he said okay, processed my order without any hassle. Famicom Micro $31.49 I did not have to camp out or wait in a long line it even comes with a coupon for $10 off a GBA game. Thanks a lot WrestleCrap'sRD. I love Sears!

It's funny, I used to make fun of Sears all the time, but the more I think about it, I probably got more good gaming deals this year than any place else. I will also definitely remember that price match stuff come next Black Friday, I promise you that! :cool:

RD

[quote name='Demontooth']I love Sears, they price matched an EBGames Canada ad I printed off the internet last year.[/quote] fucking beautiful.

I PM'd GUN for the PS2 and Pinball Hall of Fame for the PSP on Friday to BB's prices... on average they seem to be the most willing to actually honor their price match policy ;)

On Saturday, I tried to price match CC's $50 GBASP at Sears, but was met with the old "CC is out of stock, so we can't PM" problem. :whistle2:(

It doesn't seem likely since it is a mail-in rebate. But if these guys are getting away with printed-out ads for sold-out door buster deals then it might be worth a shot.

kspiff

[quote name='spincut']does sears carry Xbox360's? and if so do you think they'd pricematch the Microcenter deal?[/QUOTE]

With all these deals for xbox 360 it sounds like there is going to be a pricedrop in the near future by M$.

OR perhaps MS is giving retails a cost cut per system to retailers but not to the consumer. :roll: :roll:

[quote name='spincut']does sears carry Xbox360's? and if so do you think they'd pricematch the Microcenter deal?[/QUOTE]

With all these deals for xbox 360 it sounds like there is going to be a pricedrop in the near future by M$.

OR perhaps MS is giving retails a cost cut per system to retailers but not to the consumer. :roll: :roll:

bread's done
Back