32GB PS Vita Memory Card $65 New/$55 Used($48 w/ PUR) w/ Coupon @ GS

Geco17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
97 (100%)
Didn't think anyone caught this, but GS has the PS Vita Memory Cards on sale or possibly a permanent drop. The new price is $79.99. It can be used with the $15 off GS coupon right now to make it effectively $64.99. 

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/32gb-playstation-vita-memory-card/98472

They have the used 32GB for $55 with coupon. Also if you have a PUR, seems to take $7 off, making it $48 (Thanks PAULINK)  

Picture of coupon and PUR discount.

gs32gb_zps3e9bac5a.png

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-32gb-memory-card-gamestop-refurbished/102055

Coupon Code:

GUST15 - $15 off $59.99+ orders of in-stock games and accessories. (Thanks litepink)

Use SAVER for free shipping.

This is a great deal who is looking for vita memory for the PS+ sales and people with GS credit.

EDIT: If people are looking to take advantage, do so ASAP. Coupon supposedly ends tomorrow. "GUST15 - $15 off orders of in-stock games and accessories totaling $59.99 or more. Use Code:GUST15. Excludes hardware. Other exclusions may apply. Offer Expires 8/21/13."

EDIT 2: GUST15 works now until 5/26. If you missed this, this is your chance!

Last edited by a moderator:
The birthday coupon is for used games only. I've never personally tried on a used accessory but the coupon clearly states 20% off a pre-owned game.

Why not order online? Is it not available anymore?

Also, when you trade in those cards at AMZ, I assume you need the original packaging to qualify as "LN", but how to you present it? Put it back into the slot and tape it???
When I traded mine in a few months back, the residue was still in the packaging so I just put my card in and the packaging just stayed together itself

The birthday coupon is for used games only. I've never personally tried on a used accessory but the coupon clearly states 20% off a pre-owned game.
Well damn, there goes that idea. If it doesn't work I'll just get the credit and use gust15,close enough.
And as for the packaging, it depends on how you took it out. When I opened mine I had Amazon in mind so I was really careful opening it.

Well, as mentioned the b-day coupon does not work with accessories.  Got $46 credit from a 16gb and 8gb vita card and a 2gb PSP card, just waiting for it to come back in stock, hope it happens soon.

I got my 32GB card today.  It was in a nice big box and within that was in a plastic case.  Nice going GS - way better than any Amazon packaging I've gotten recently.

I'm going to try it out now and maybe take my 16GB in to GS to trade - will cut the cost of the upgrade to $24.79.  Though I still think I can sell it for much more than $23.20 - at least $35 if not more so I might just go that route instead.

I got my 32GB card today. It was in a nice big box and within that was in a plastic case. Nice going GS - way better than any Amazon packaging I've gotten recently.

I'm going to try it out now and maybe take my 16GB in to GS to trade - will cut the cost of the upgrade to $24.79. Though I still think I can sell it for much more than $23.20 - at least $35 if not more so I might just go that route instead.
I'd buy it for that much (23.20)

Starting to get a little worried that this hasn't been back in stock all day.  I have the page open and refreshing every 2 minutes or so.  Still, I guess worst case scenario is I pay an extra $15 for it, but obviously I'd like to avoid that.

I dumped all the stuff off my 16GB on to my PC using wireless and then just put that all back onto the 32GB.  It took a while but it was better than redownloading all the games from PSN.  I just need to check a few to make sure everything works fine.  The card looked mint except for a little sticker on the back of it which I could not take off.  Or rather I could but it left a sticky residue so I just left it on there.  Slightly annoying but as long as the card works I can live with it.  I'm guessing this is something they put on when they "refurb" the card (meaning when they erase it).

It did tell me when I put it in that it was registered to another Vita system and asked me if I want to make it work with mine.  So it wasn't erased like brand new.  But it also didn't seem to have anything on it - but maybe being from a different system I just wouldn't see any of that.

I dumped all the stuff off my 16GB on to my PC using wireless and then just put that all back onto the 32GB. It took a while but it was better than redownloading all the games from PSN. I just need to check a few to make sure everything works fine. The card looked mint except for a little sticker on the back of it which I could not take off. Or rather I could but it left a sticky residue so I just left it on there. Slightly annoying but as long as the card works I can live with it. I'm guessing this is something they put on when they "refurb" the card (meaning when they erase it).

It did tell me when I put it in that it was registered to another Vita system and asked me if I want to make it work with mine. So it wasn't erased like brand new. But it also didn't seem to have anything on it - but maybe being from a different system I just wouldn't see any of that.
I don't think they can erase what the memory card is dedicated to, but they probably erased all the other info stored on it.

I don't think they can erase what the memory card is dedicated to, but they probably erased all the other info stored on it.
Yeah, probably to be sure I should have reformatted it myself first. But oh well. I'm running through a few games now to make sure saves load OK. So far so good with Disgaea 3, Plants vs. Zombies, VLR, and Katamari. Yeah, I'm satisfied with it.

I dumped all the stuff off my 16GB on to my PC using wireless and then just put that all back onto the 32GB. It took a while but it was better than redownloading all the games from PSN. I just need to check a few to make sure everything works fine. The card looked mint except for a little sticker on the back of it which I could not take off. Or rather I could but it left a sticky residue so I just left it on there. Slightly annoying but as long as the card works I can live with it. I'm guessing this is something they put on when they "refurb" the card (meaning when they erase it).

It did tell me when I put it in that it was registered to another Vita system and asked me if I want to make it work with mine. So it wasn't erased like brand new. But it also didn't seem to have anything on it - but maybe being from a different system I just wouldn't see any of that.
A sticker on the card, which is like half the size of a fingernail? How did they manage to do that? What does the sticker say?

A sticker on the card, which is like half the size of a fingernail? How did they manage to do that? What does the sticker say?
It is a tiny thing. It is white with a pink dot and a couple of letters and numbers. Something like "B07". I don't want to take it back out to check but it is something to that effect.

In other news, I listed my 16GB card last night and it sold in less than 2 hours. I priced it around $38 shipped. So I'm guessing a lot of people haven't gotten the memo on the price drop. I probably could have gotten $45-$50 for it. But I wanted to price it at a value that was at least a small discount from new retail so if the buyer found out about the drop they would be less likely to come up with a bogus reason for returning it.

It is a tiny thing. It is white with a pink dot and a couple of letters and numbers. Something like "B07". I don't want to take it back out to check but it is something to that effect.

In other news, I listed my 16GB card last night and it sold in less than 2 hours. I priced it around $38 shipped. So I'm guessing a lot of people haven't gotten the memo on the price drop. I probably could have gotten $45-$50 for it. But I wanted to price it at a value that was at least a small discount from new retail so if the buyer found out about the drop they would be less likely to come up with a bogus reason for returning it.
That's still really good. I got $42.xx from Amazon trade in back when the MSRP was still $60 lol. But if that's the case maybe we can profit off these 32GB? ;)

Mine has the same sticker but I don't want to take it off either due to the sticky residue. I did however use their old plastic case to house my old 16GB to protect it for when I sell it online.

Overall I don't notice any flaws with this "refurbished" memory card. Glad I got such a great deal :)

Mine has the same sticker but I don't want to take it off either due to the sticky residue. I did however use their old plastic case to house my old 16GB to protect it for when I sell it online.
I already packed mine in that for shipping tomorrow ;). It was nice to get that because when I sold my old 8GB card I just used the tiny little plastic cover that came with my new 16GB card and it wasn't very durable. That thing GS used is solid.

Is there a way to download Vita stuff I bought from PSN directly onto a PC instead of having to use the PS3 or Vita itself first? Would make it much easier for me to get all the Vita stuff I got from Plus considering I only have 10GB free on my PS3 HDD right now and it would be very difficult to get more than 1 or 2 games downloaded at a time especially since I have slow DSL internet.

Don't think there is.

Well, it never came back in stock online so I went back to pick it up in-store.  Cost about $15 more than I wanted to pay without the gust15 code, but I just traded in a 4gb PSP stick to make up the difference.  Already have just under 1gb of room left, that filled up quick.

how do you guys manage your memory cards? I have a couple 16's and a 32. I use the 32 for the PS+ games and the 16s for digital games. One vita and one older PSP games. The thing is the cards all look the same. Now with the 32 coming in i was wondering if you guys had a method for tracking whats on what card. Man i miss the old days of memory card labels

FYI, it's basically impossible to "refurbish" a memory card like this.  When you see a product like this refurbished, it's because the packaging was defective (crushed, wrong product put in wrong package, printing on item incorrect, etc) and they had to remove the product from the retail packaging.  Once it's removed from the retail packaging, they're basically forced by law to sell it as refurbished.  Hell, a retailer might get a damaged box full of product and refuse it based on the box condition, thus forcing the manufacturer to take the hit and sell the product as refurbed.

FYI, it's basically impossible to "refurbish" a memory card like this. When you see a product like this refurbished, it's because the packaging was defective (crushed, wrong product put in wrong package, printing on item incorrect, etc) and they had to remove the product from the retail packaging. Once it's removed from the retail packaging, they're basically forced by law to sell it as refurbished. Hell, a retailer might get a damaged box full of product and refuse it based on the box condition, thus forcing the manufacturer to take the hit and sell the product as refurbed.
I don't think it's plausible to assume all of their stock is from brand new memory cards that had packaging that looked crushed. Mine told me it was registered to another vita and I had to format it myself.

I don't think it's plausible to assume all of their stock is from brand new memory cards that had packaging that looked crushed. Mine told me it was registered to another vita and I had to format it myself.
How did you format it? Mine came in a Vita bundle, so I haven't had a used card until now. Any help appreciated! :)

Just got mine, it was shipped in a box which is nice. There is a sticker on the back like io said, but it was easy to remove along with the residue. 

I vaguely remember a year ago, tiger direct had this for $50 pre  launch. Whatever happened to those orders?

how do you guys manage your memory cards? I have a couple 16's and a 32. I use the 32 for the PS+ games and the 16s for digital games. One vita and one older PSP games. The thing is the cards all look the same. Now with the 32 coming in i was wondering if you guys had a method for tracking whats on what card. Man i miss the old days of memory card labels
I keep all the stuff I own perm on 1 card (that will fit with some room). I keep all of the other PS+ stuff on the largest cards. I group them by favorites and most likely to play. Some do by game type (sports/action), alphabetical,etc.

For me, the bigger issue stems from the 100-icon limit. I have a 32GB card that I'm constantly fighting for space on, but grabbing a 2nd 32GB card does me no good because I'm at the icon limit already. SONY lost a sale from me b/c of such a silly restriction.

Has anyone had any issues with their 32GB refurb cards? I just got mine, reformatted it and put all my stuff on it. It seems slower than my 8GB card. Paranoia?

Certainly possible. Flash chip performance can have some variances down to the individual sample. I don't think anyone has opened these to see the chip manufacturers and there's nothing to guarantee they're always using the same supplier.

Kudos to Gamestop for shipping these in a nice sized box. Card seems to work fine and now I can relegate my 8GB card to smaller, arcade game downloads.

How did you format it? Mine came in a Vita bundle, so I haven't had a used card until now. Any help appreciated! :)
Pretty sure it formatted it when I stuck it in there, though I don't remember. I do remember having 29 gbs of space so I'm pretty sure it did format it.

For me, the bigger issue stems from the 100-icon limit. I have a 32GB card that I'm constantly fighting for space on, but grabbing a 2nd 32GB card does me no good because I'm at the icon limit already. SONY lost a sale from me b/c of such a silly restriction.

Kudos to Gamestop for shipping these in a nice sized box. Card seems to work fine and now I can relegate my 8GB card to smaller, arcade game downloads.

Mine came in a bubble mailer, actually. Decided not to keep it b/c another 32GB card won't remedy the 100-icon limit.
How you guys manage multiple cards with one system? Doesn't the system sets itself back to default every time you swap cards so that you'll need to rearrange everything every time?

I believe these 100 icon limit, along with 100 friends cap, along with inability to cross game chat on the PS3 all link to dinky amount of system memory available on these portables and consoles. The PS3 only has 256MB, Xbox 360 has 512MB shared, Vita has 512MB. All these numbers are puny even compares to tablets and smart phones which average at 1GB. Only with future consoles, starting with the Wii U (although I wouldn't call it next gen) where they start to come with significant amount of RAM.

Just got my 32gb in the mail. Geez GameStop shipping takes ages. Awesome deal though. I can now fit everything I want on my vita :D

Still waiting for my 16GB. Somehow they generated two tracking numbers, one indicating it was to be delivered yesterday and another indicating it's not coming until the 3rd.

I keep all the stuff I own perm on 1 card (that will fit with some room). I keep all of the other PS+ stuff on the largest cards. I group them by favorites and most likely to play. Some do by game type (sports/action), alphabetical,etc.
i meant how do you guys tell what is on what card. I.E. i have multiple 16 and now 32's so i need a way to differentiate them when not in use. I miss the old days of memory card labels! I dont want to put a sticker on these tiny little things

wait.. seriously? That applies across all memory cards? or 100 per memory card? That would be a big problem down the road

How you guys manage multiple cards with one system? Doesn't the system sets itself back to default every time you swap cards so that you'll need to rearrange everything every time?

I believe these 100 icon limit, along with 100 friends cap, along with inability to cross game chat on the PS3 all link to dinky amount of system memory available on these portables and consoles. The PS3 only has 256MB, Xbox 360 has 512MB shared, Vita has 512MB. All these numbers are puny even compares to tablets and smart phones which average at 1GB. Only with future consoles, starting with the Wii U (although I wouldn't call it next gen) where they start to come with significant amount of RAM.

I was curious about this too. I notice my screen changes when i swap them back and forth. I never organized my stuff much so it wasn't that big a deal but when i get in there and put everything in folders and customize the backrounds and stuff that will probably be an issue. DO you have to make new profiles and setups for every card?

Im really concerned about this 100 icon limit. That basically means you have to delete games at some point, thats just assinine

i meant how do you guys tell what is on what card. I.E. i have multiple 16 and now 32's so i need a way to differentiate them when not in use. I miss the old days of memory card labels! I dont want to put a sticker on these tiny little things

wait.. seriously? That applies across all memory cards? or 100 per memory card? That would be a big problem down the road

I was curious about this too. I notice my screen changes when i swap them back and forth. I never organized my stuff much so it wasn't that big a deal but when i get in there and put everything in folders and customize the backrounds and stuff that will probably be an issue. DO you have to make new profiles and setups for every card?

Im really concerned about this 100 icon limit. That basically means you have to delete games at some point, thats just assinine
Wow there is a lot of misinformation and outdated info going around. The 100 icon limit is per card but it does include retail vita carts and system apps, so it isn't that terrible. Getting 100 icons on a 32GB card is not an easy feat. It is possible, but not that common. Eventually we will reach that limit if you buy a good # of retail games, so I do foresee Sony improving the limit in due time.

Swapping cards does NOT reset icon locations anymore. It used to reset them but a somewhat recent firmware (last 3-4 months or so) prevents that. The issue is there can be a conflict. It is hard to describe but I will do my best.

Vita carts and system apps need to be the same place regardless of the card because they are on system memory NOT the card. So for example if your first 10 bubbles are Vita games and the system icons then they must be the same across all cards. If the 2nd card uses the first 10 bubbles for PSN games or whatever there will be a conflict between the two cards.

What I do currently my vita games are in the first 3 or maybe 4 bubble folders. Then my other downloads are in other bubbles organized by content type. Then on the second page (but I can make this the 3rd-10th page if need be) in folders I have system apps. It is like this for all cards, this allows everything after my vita cards (which I use most often) to by dynamic and then the final page of apps is static.

Hopefully that made sense.

bread's done
Back