33% everything at wherehouse.com

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Thanx to Jim from dvdtalk

wherehouse.com has the code 33% off everything, new game, used game, preorder.. pretty good deal if you ask me.. too bad they don't seem to carrry Hardware otherwise.. i'd grab a DS :)

anyway the code is

ISC409OF

Chill out, the website didnt make it any better
it showed at the very bottom a number, and im used to paypal, thats some nice interface. This one, hey, i thought it was some kinda subtotal

i can see how he might've gotten confused...the title implies that everything on wherehouse.com is 33%....it doesn't say 33% off, it says 33%....that said, it does say 33% in the OP....read more then the topic title for now on and you'll be okay ;):lol:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i didn't want to confuse anyone with decimal points :lol:

but you're an ass...you ":roll: " as if the method that i gave was wrong and doesn't work[/QUOTE]

Dude, i minored in Math, i obviously know it works.

no, it just means you are a bit too touchy. Its a emoticon, that's all. If anything, its was to people who can't divide and multiply, easier for them

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']no, it just means you are a bit too touchy. Its a emoticon, that's all. If anything, its was to people who can't divide and multiply, easier for them[/QUOTE]

blame shrike, he's the one who made me hate the ":roll:" smiley

anyways, i'm not too touchy...you know how you said it and i know how it was implied...anyways...back on-topic, thanks

I work on spreadsheets all day at work, so I came up with this nifty little Excel table during... ah.... "break time."

DVDwatch.jpg

What I do is just take a title and enter the base prices of DDD and Wherehouse in columns B and C, respectively. The formula in column D then calculates the final DDD price after the upcoming 20% off sale. Column E calculates the final Wherehouse price after 33% off, shipping, and NY sales tax ( ([base price X 0.66]+1)X1.087 ). Column G displays which site has the "advantage"... red values indicate a price advantage in DDD's favor while blue indicates the difference if in Wherehouse's favor.

Anyway if you have a few spare moments to whip such a table together, I highly recommend it. Once its set up it will save you a lot of time.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I work on spreadsheets all day at work, so I came up with this nifty little Excel table during... ah.... "break time."

DVDwatch.jpg

What I do is just take a title and enter the base prices of DDD and Wherehouse in columns B and C, respectively. The formula in column D then calculates the final DDD price after the upcoming 20% off sale. Column E calculates the final Wherehouse price after 33% off, shipping, and NY sales tax ( ([base price X 0.66]+1)X1.087 ). Column G displays which site has the "advantage"... red values indicate a price advantage in DDD's favor while blue indicates the difference if in Wherehouse's favor.

Anyway if you have a few spare moments to whip such a table together, I highly recommend it. Once its set up it will save you a lot of time.[/QUOTE]

:lol: sounds like something i'd do, you're a genius :lol:

[quote name='BustaUppa']calm down with the bickering and bask in the warm glow of my awesome table ;)

I am giddy with nerdish glee :cool:[/QUOTE]
nice job on the table :D :applause:

Nice table.. I'm too lazy to do one, but I calculated the prices of all the dvds I was interested in and ended up buying the ones that were cheaper during the Wherehouse sale.

thanks for the props everyone. btw, on NEW dvd's the advantage almost always went to DDD. That might change for different states though (with lower sales tax). However most of the used Wherehouse DVDs beat out DDD.

So the used DVD's are great, but for me the real hilight of this sale has been the CD deals. Holy cow, you almost never see a deal like this that works on NEW music CDs.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Anyone know if the Wherehouse allows in store returns? I have a used copy of The Girl Next Door and it looks the someone spilled something on the case and front cover. Not good condition.[/QUOTE]

Come on Charlie ;) the help section says you cant return to a store, but that all returns are free, so email them for a return slip if the box didnt come with one, and since youre in socal it should get there in 2 days tops.. I wonder if they refund the initial shipping cost though.. 'cause thanks to that neat graph I can save few dollars on the new family guy set from DDD but if im getting screwed for shipping I might aswell just keep my wherehouse one.

[quote name='BustaUppa']thanks for the props everyone. btw, on NEW dvd's the advantage almost always went to DDD. That might change for different states though (with lower sales tax). However most of the used Wherehouse DVDs beat out DDD.

So the used DVD's are great, but for me the real hilight of this sale has been the CD deals. Holy cow, you almost never see a deal like this that works on NEW music CDs.[/QUOTE]

So true, I got the My Dying Bride Box set new for under 20 bucks

Just received a used copy of Dino Crisis 2 for the PSX, only problem is instead of the Dino Crisis 2 game, there is a Metal Gear Solid disc 2 in the case. Weird, considering that Wherehouse is really good about used game conditions. Just shot an e-mail off to the customer service and see what happens.

Well guys, I don't know if anyone knows this, but I heard this code is ending tomorrow 9/30 or 10/3, but I wouldn't take any chances on it. I would recommend getting your order in tomorrow if you plan to do one, just a reminder for some CAG's.

[quote name='.JPG']Well guys, I don't know if anyone knows this, but I heard this code is ending tomorrow 9/30 or 10/3, but I wouldn't take any chances on it. I would recommend getting your order in tomorrow if you plan to do one, just a reminder for some CAG's.[/QUOTE]

Mine's shipped already so I'm cool but now I'm thinking of a few other DVDs I need to pick up, decisions, decisions...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Mine's shipped already so I'm cool but now I'm thinking of a few other DVDs I need to pick up, decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'm still debating whether to place an order or not, I've looked around and I could get the DVD set I wanted for a nice deal, but I'm still deciding...

[quote name='.JPG']Same here, I'm still debating whether to place an order or not, I've looked around and I could get the DVD set I wanted for a nice deal, but I'm still deciding...[/QUOTE]

If they had a used copy of Batman animated series then I'd have ordered that for sure.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If they had a used copy of Batman animated series then I'd have ordered that for sure.[/QUOTE]

Dang it! I just looked at the DVD set I was going to buy, sold out. That really ticks me off, I was really planning on buying it too...oh well.

Buy yeah, that's what's crappy about Wherehouse.com, they aren't having many copies of things in stock.

God damn you people. I just dropped a ton of money on this, but it's a really good deal. There were several DVD's I found here that aren't carried at DDD (including Black Christmas). It's awesome that the deal can be applied to preorders as well. It does suck that they charge S&H and tax, but it's a good deal anyway. Here's my list:

Items Bought:

Deer Hunter [Special Edition] [2 Discs]
New DVD - Price: $14.39

Equilibrium
Used DVD - Price: $6.66

Open Range

Boondock Saints
Used DVD - Price: $4.66

Seven [2 Discs] [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $9.33

Scarface [Widescreen Anniversary Edition]

Jackie Brown [2 Discs]

Banned From Television, Vol. 2

Banned From Television, Uncensored!
New DVD - Price: $10.66

Slasher
Used DVD - Price: $9.30

Slammed [2 Discs]
Used DVD - Price: $3.33

You Gotta See This!: Too Hot For Fox Sports Net

Banned From Television III Uncensored!
New DVD - Price: $10.66

Twisters: Nature's Deadly Force
New DVD - Price: $1.59

Black Christmas
New DVD - Price: $10.64

Tales from the Crypt: The Complete First Season [2 Discs]
New DVD - Price: $14.39

Tales from the Crypt: The Complete Second Season [3 Discs]
Pre-order DVD - Est. Release Date 10/25/2005 - Price: $21.32

Sin City [2 Discs]
Pre-order DVD - Est. Release Date 12/13/2005 - Price: $21.33

Arrested Development: Season 2 [3 Discs]
Pre-order DVD - Est. Release Date 10/11/2005 - Price: $21.32

Family Guy, Vol. 3: Season 4 [3 Discs]
Pre-order DVD - Est. Release Date 11/29/2005 - Price: $21.32

Total Bought: $214.20
Credit Applied: ($0.00)
Shipping and Handling: $29.75
Sales Tax (AZ 8.10%): $17.35
Total: $261.30

I had to deal with the Wherehouse.com customer service last night and thought I'd let everyone know how the experience went. I bought a two disc cd set, but I only got in disc two, no disc one. I sent them an email and about six hours later I get an email back saying they have shipped out a replacement. I have not gotten the replacement yet, of course, but so far so good. :D

I just checked the trade-in section for the first time. Are these trade-in prices for real??? I feel like there must be some sort of catch. For example, I can supposedly get $17.50 for King of Fighters 00/01 for PS2... that seems REALLY high. I'm assuming you can only get store credit, but that's still crazy!

[quote name='BustaUppa']I just checked the trade-in section for the first time. Are these trade-in prices for real??? I feel like there must be some sort of catch. For example, I can supposedly get $17.50 for King of Fighters 00/01 for PS2... that seems REALLY high. I'm assuming you can only get store credit, but that's still crazy![/QUOTE]

Welcome to the fold.

[quote name='.JPG']Dang it! I just looked at the DVD set I was going to buy, sold out. That really ticks me off, I was really planning on buying it too...oh well.

Buy yeah, that's what's crappy about Wherehouse.com, they aren't having many copies of things in stock.[/QUOTE]

You do realize the sale has been going on since last Friday, right? They had plenty of stuff then, but the sale blew up in between Saturday and Sunday and I imagine its made its way to all the different deal forums on the net.

I mean, I managed to score alot of good used box sets when the sale went up (even though they cancelled one of them).

Batman Animated Series Volume 2 for 17.88 is sweet :D

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Welcome to the fold.[/QUOTE]Indeed :D

I'm gonna be redundant now and ask how often Wherehouse had been known to run sales like this. If it's a regular thing like DDD then by all means I'm gonna start trading stuff in. $17.50 for KoF still blows my mind; I bought that new for $15 like a year ago. I generally don't trade in much, but in this case I just have an excuse to re-purchase the XBOX version.

BTW, are these the same trade in values I would get at a B&M FYE store, or is this completely unrelated?

Sweet daddy! XMen Legends 2 for X-Box went in-stock today while the coupon still worked! ^__^ I got the two games I wanted, and only had to spend $0.22 out of my pocket! This coupon is so the shit.

Yay, they credited my account for the stuff I sent in on the 21st..... only took about a week! Got $161 in credit and I didn't even know about the sale when I sent the stuff in. They also seem very lenient on item condition, I had a few items I thought they'd reject but they only rejected one and it was just a $3 cd.... :)

[quote name='DreamSymphony']Yay, they credited my account for the stuff I sent in on the 21st..... only took about a week! Got $161 in credit and I didn't even know about the sale when I sent the stuff in. They also seem very lenient on item condition, I had a few items I thought they'd reject but they only rejected one and it was just a $3 cd.... :)[/QUOTE]
What do they do with the stuff they reject, ship it back to you? I assume you're responsible for shipping costs when sending in?

They supposedly don't send it back to you but I guess I'll find out. They reimburse you for shipping costs based on media mail rates up to a certain price... it's on their help page...

FYI- I dropped into a local wherehouse today cause they had some stuff on clearance I wanted. Anyways, while I was there they actually had flyers for this 33% sale for wherehouse.com. The flyer specifically states that the sale ends 10/13/05. Therefore, unless they are pulling the plug early, you can hold out a little longer if you're waiting for a paycheck or something. Just thought I'd throw in the tiny bit of knowledge I actually possess. K, back to doing nothing!

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i'd put my orders in by the 30th if i were you...i heard it ends the 30th, but i've also heard that it might end the 13th of Oct...but i wouldn't count it...you might be disappointed[/QUOTE]

I've sent several packages to them. Anytime I've had something rejected (about 5 times), they always send it back and I get it anywhere from 2-4 days after they send me an e-mail stating it was rejected.

[quote name='botticus']What do they do with the stuff they reject, ship it back to you? I assume you're responsible for shipping costs when sending in?[/QUOTE]

I hate you all for making me spend money I don't have. Who an I kidding, I love you! I had been looking for the Hellsing box set a long time now. The had it for $47.99 - 33%. Grabbed some Barbie movies for my daughter and Shaolin Monks for XBOX. I am good to go.

[quote name='Roufuss']You do realize the sale has been going on since last Friday, right? They had plenty of stuff then, but the sale blew up in between Saturday and Sunday and I imagine its made its way to all the different deal forums on the net.

I mean, I managed to score alot of good used box sets when the sale went up (even though they cancelled one of them).

Batman Animated Series Volume 2 for 17.88 is sweet :D[/QUOTE]

You snagged the last copy too. I hate you, had it in my cart and it got cancelled. lol.

made another order and i've been told by family that it arrived. yay.

Sweet, 26 of my items just shipped!

The only "In Progress" items are some of the new CD's. Since they're new, I don't think I even need to worry about them being cancelled. EVERY used item I ordered has shipped :D.

So far, so good! I'll put together my second order soon... my wishlist has already been re-built to obscene proportions. And now of course TowerRecords.com starts in with their 20% off sale... time to look for some imports.... dammit, Tower!

fed ex for two of my shipments so far.. havent gotten my HUGE shipment yet, so dont know if itll be UPS due to its bigger weight

[quote name='edson13']fed ex for two of my shipments so far.. havent gotten my HUGE shipment yet, so dont know if itll be UPS do to its bigger weight[/QUOTE]

Thanks... just wanted to know if I should expect it since the mailman already came, guess I should keep waiting then lol.

My first shippment arrived without incident (sent ou Monday). All the DVDs are in fantastic condition w/ no stickers on the cases. Now just have to wait for my other shippment to arrive. :)

http://www.wherehouse.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2177002

Yikes! $999 for a used movie. Probably a misprint

Anyway, here is what I scored! (these prices reflect the discount. They apply the discount to each item rather than take a sum off the total price. Thought the code didn't apply for a minute until i went back and started checking prices)

Dick Tracy

Team America: World Police [Widescreen & Uncensored and Unrated Special
Collector's Edition]
Used DVD - Price: $7.99

Short Circuit
Used DVD - Price: $4.66

Addams Family [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $3.99

Up in Smoke [Widescreen]

Addams Family Values [Widescreen]