$36 + tax for new (or maybe new old) Xbox Live Gold Members (12 month subscription)

mattbuc16

CAGiversary!
Don't be an idiot like me and spend $42 with CDKeys (after 5% discount).  My Xbox Live membership had expired and when I went online (with my Xbox) to enter the new key, I see a dashboard ad for reupping for $36+tax for a year.  Sigh.

Again, my membership was expired.  I was silver.  And the ad was on my Xbox dashboard.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
It pops up even if you're still gold, with about a couple months to go. Maybe even a full year?

Mine expires in Jan. and I got this.

Might as well wait until Black Friday which is only a month away and snag the Gold Year card for around $30 or so. Target typically always has it on sale at that price.

Might as well wait until Black Friday which is only a month away and snag the Gold Year card for around $30 or so. Target typically always has it on sale at that price.
I think anyone who needs a year of gold should just jump on it for 36

35$ is a tremendous deal, and with the xbox one launching about a week before BF deals on gold might be hard to come by. And finding it for 30$ (which ive never even seen) has to be that much harder. 35$ for a year seems to be considered a stellar deal

With the new cash for points thing they did can we use that money now for renewing? Im not at home and cant check but I am curious, still have a bunch to spend after getting all those discounted points earlier in the year.

With the new cash for points thing they did can we use that money now for renewing? Im not at home and cant check but I am curious, still have a bunch to spend after getting all those discounted points earlier in the year.
I checked about a week ago, and no you still can't.

Not seeing anything about this on my dashboard. Can you guys who are seeing it provide any more specifics on where it is popping up?

Not seeing anything about this on my dashboard. Can you guys who are seeing it provide any more specifics on where it is popping up?
I saw it last night on the first tab right after you fire up the console. Think it defaults to "Home"?

Still have about 2 weeks left until my gold expires, haven't seen it on the dash. However, I am seeing it on my silver accts. 

Usually when there is a deal online it requires having your account set to autorenew which means you can't ever remove the credit card which is tied to that subscription.   I had that happen with the family gold plan and had to actually let my gold run out before it would let me take off that card.    I won't be doing that again, it's subscription cards only for me.

It's popped up for me.  It's a gold/yellow advert on the main page of the dashboard that says "Act Now for 40% off!" or something like that.

Too bad i already ordered a year for $40 off ebay the other day.

Are the people that are getting this deal also having the "Renew now for 5$ a month (60$ a year)" on the homepage?

Because thats all im saying, and id love to jump on this 

Are the people that are getting this deal also having the "Renew now for 5$ a month (60$ a year)" on the homepage?

Because thats all im saying, and id love to jump on this
I got that message first, but I got this one yesterday. I've been silver for a few weeks, that might be the reason why I got the advert.

My gold expired in early October.  So a couple weeks for me with no gold, minus the four days worth of 48 hour passes I used.

I HAD been seeing the renew for $5 month deal until yesterday.  It said 40% off -- $3 month for 12 months.  I jumped all over that.  And it appears cdkeys is going to refund me!  :)

Thanks,

Matt

bread's done
Back