360 adapter (A/B/G) $39.99 online at Sears.com. OOS, but possible price match. YMMV

[quote name='rgon86']Does sears usually price match their own online prices?[/QUOTE]

Apparently so as that seems to be the most successful place to do this right now. Not only could you take a printout but surely they would be able to access it themselves.

I went to Sears today and after the clerk checked with a manager I got the deal for $39.99. Awesome!! Thanks OP !!!!

I suggest clarifying in your title that it's the a/b/g adapter (not the new 802.11n adapter). But great deal if you can get it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Damn this is a killer price![/QUOTE]

Its a good price compared to retail but not really a good deal for justa small usb wifi adapter. MS really knows how to make $$$ for nothing these adapter should cost $20 new lol

[quote name='Xenokai']Its a good price compared to retail but not really a good deal for justa small usb wifi adapter. MS really knows how to make $$$ for nothing these adapter should cost $20 new lol[/QUOTE]
I totally agree with you, yes thats what I was meaning good for retail.

As someone pointed out, not really a great deal, considering MS overprices so many of their accessories. But yes, in terms of the item's regular price, awesome fucking deal.

[quote name='Xenokai']Its a good price compared to retail but not really a good deal for justa small usb wifi adapter. MS really knows how to make $$$ for nothing these adapter should cost $20 new lol[/QUOTE]

Will a USB wifi adapter work ?

[quote name='postermen']Will a USB wifi adapter work ?[/QUOTE]

No, which is one of the reasons MS has been able to charge whatever insane price they want on these. There are other alternatives, though. Devices that use the Ethernet port, like the original Xbox adapter, work. You can also use a laptop that is connected wirelessly to a router.

[quote name='BloodiestCadaver']If anyone can pick me an extra one, I'd be happy to buy it and pay for shipping and all that jazz. I don't have a Sears around here. : ([/QUOTE]

I would help you out but I'm currently in Europe right now.

Have you tried contacting a relative? I'm sure they'll help you out.

I picked up the only one in stock at my local Sears... which had apparently just been put on the shelves 15 minutes prior to my arrival.

I should note that according to the website, this deal expires today. After today, your chances of a successful price match will probably be greatly reduced if the price reverts to normal online.

Sweet, stopped by there today and they did the price match for me. This is probably the cheapest it will be for a long time, so that's great.

[quote name='StarCreator']I picked up the only one in stock at my local Sears... which had apparently just been put on the shelves 15 minutes prior to my arrival.

I should note that according to the website, this deal expires today. After today, your chances of a successful price match will probably be greatly reduced if the price reverts to normal online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just picked up the last one at the Sears at the Palm Beach Gardens mall and yes they did price match with there online price which I had printed out.:D

It's criminal that wireless isn't built in on the 360 in the first place... I could maybe understand at launch but no longer.

[quote name='el swordo']no link to buy. think i can trick them into selling me the n version for this price?[/QUOTE]

When I went they didn't even have the n version. Also, he specifically looked up the SKU on their website, so I really, really doubt it.

[quote name='prgsdw']It's criminal that wireless isn't built in on the 360 in the first place... I could maybe understand at launch but no longer.[/QUOTE]

That's true.

ATTN Sears shoppers in the San Jose, CA area: The Sears at Eaststridge mall currently has THREE adapters left and they DO pricematch. I just got one myself two hours ago.

The Sears in Roseville, CA had 4 of the network adapters, I bought one. No problem pricematching, except the manager tried every reason to not come out of his office to slide his card. The two guys working in the videogame area didn't even know what the adapter was for. I tried to explain that you use it with your router and connect to Xbox live. One of them then asked me, "Is this thing for playing online?" I replied that yes it was for using Xboxlive. The other guy mentioned he has a PS3. I said yeah that the 360 doesn't have built in wireless. He then went on to say that he had only used online once to play "a soccer game". Yay for sears and their warm body policy.

[quote name='CalamityX1']ATTN Sears shoppers in the San Jose, CA area: The Sears at Eaststridge mall currently has THREE adapters left and they DO pricematch. I just got one myself two hours ago.[/QUOTE]

Very tempting, I may drive out there later if I feel a bit more healthy.

If anyone would like me to pick them up one, if I do go out, send me a PM.

EDIT: Not heading out anymore, feel way too sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sears on Metcalf in Kansas City has ONE left. I braved the sleet to grab the next to last one at the lowest price it will ever be this side of ebay.

The Sears at the new Southglenn Mall in Littleton, CO pricematched with no problem. They had 2 left.

Thanks to the OP.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']No, which is one of the reasons MS has been able to charge whatever insane price they want on these. There are other alternatives, though. Devices that use the Ethernet port, like the original Xbox adapter, work. You can also use a laptop that is connected wirelessly to a router.[/QUOTE]

That's how mine is. I have it jacked into my laptops ethernet port and the connection bridged to the wifi. It's not 100% reliable, but 95% isn't bad.

[quote name='sp00ge']That's how mine is. I have it jacked into my laptops ethernet port and the connection bridged to the wifi. It's not 100% reliable, but 95% isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

If you are technically inclined (I meant in general, not specifically at the poster above), a Linksys WRT54GL or Asus WL520gU flashed with Tomato or DD-WRT configured as a wifi bridge offers a much better value than the MS official adapter. Even at that price!

I have a Tomato based router and couldn't be happier! Not only does it power my wifi for the 360, but also for my original Xbox and HTPC.

I paid $30 after rebates for the Asus WL520gU. This router is generally available for around $35 AR and can act as a print server for your USB printer. If flashing routers, network setup and potentially spending time learning isn't your thing, then this isn't your deal.

[quote name='Outrun9']anyone know the range of this thing?[/QUOTE]

Range is prettty good IMO. I have my router upstairs and my 360 downstairs and it gets a good signal. Still able to play on Live with no problems.

BTW - For those of you who couldn't get in on this deal I have one of these in the xbox 360 trading thread for sale. Not new mind you, but works great. Going to be upgrading to the new N wireless adapter as I'm switching my whole house network over to N.

bread's done
Back