360 Backwards Compatibility Thread - Updated 3/30

i have played medal of honor frontline runs ok skippy in some places and gta 3 and vicecity fun pretty good cant complain

i have played medal of honor frontline runs ok skippy in some places and gta 3 and vicecity fun pretty good cant complain

The only game I've tried is the Call of Cthulu game. In one or two parts of the game, it would slow down to half of its normal playing speed after I would move from a save point, and one time the game froze on me. The game has worked perfect besides those two minor probems.

Trying to get in some jade empire to finish that--which is a nice diversion from Call of Duty and perfect dark.

So what do you guys do with these games on the 360 since you can't transfer your game progress over? I guess it's nice to have it look better, but to play through something like GTA again with the games you have on the 360 already must be pretty hard.

Oh...thats right. I guess there is no way to transfer saves over...that sucks. So far Ive only popped in Buffy - Choas Bleeds as its the only Xbox game I own. Looks great and plays just r fine. Maybe I'll try another game if I ever find the need to actual own a regular Xbox game.

well, I have some that I never even started on Xbox, so that's not a big deal. I mostly kept thing's I would be playing multiplayer on Live though, so keepeing my old saves didn't really matter.

Anyone know when Battlefield 360 is gonna come out? I can't find a release date anywhere and that's the only xbox game I have that I was gonna keep and actually play but it's not BC!! Which sucks because I was going to sell my Xbox and now i'm torn because I love this game. Well Namco 50th anniversary didnt work either but I assume that eventually these games will be in the Live Arcade....

[quote name='$hady']Anyone know when Battlefield 360 is gonna come out? I can't find a release date anywhere and that's the only xbox game I have that I was gonna keep and actually play but it's not BC!! Which sucks because I was going to sell my Xbox and now i'm torn because I love this game. Well Namco 50th anniversary didnt work either but I assume that eventually these games will be in the Live Arcade....[/QUOTE]

This month's game informer says March. March may end up being a pretty big month for the 360 with Battlefield, Burnout Revenge, Splinter Cell, and Oblivion (?) all looking like they will be out in March.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']This month's game informer says March. March may end up being a pretty big month for the 360 with Battlefield, Burnout Revenge, Splinter Cell, and Oblivion (?) all looking like they will be out in March.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I hope it comes out on time and doesn't get pushed back!

I haven't played it since the 360 came out but yesterday when I was playing PDZ I started quivering and thinking about BF. :lol:

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I'm still waiting for MVP Baseball 2005 to be added to the BC list. I miss playing that game.[/QUOTE]

Probably gonna be waiting for a long time just like me waiting for BF2:MC to be BC! Check out the list the only EA sports games that are BC: NBA Live 2004 and NHL 2004. EA and M$ making sure you buy the new 360 versions if you wanna play them at all on the 360.

Someone else bought the MLBPA rights so sadly there will be no EA baseball game next year. :cry: Well not pro baseball, I read that they are doing a college game.

[quote name='$hady']Probably gonna be waiting for a long time just like me waiting for BF2:MC to be BC! Check out the list the only EA sports games that are BC: NBA Live 2004 and NHL 2004. EA and M$ making sure you buy the new 360 versions if you wanna play them at all on the 360.

Someone else bought the MLBPA rights so sadly there will be no EA baseball game next year. :cry: Well not pro baseball, I read that they are doing a college game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this sucks.

Well, I'll probably get that college baseball game. I think the 2k series are the only baseball games that can be made now. Hopefully, they'll step up their game with the 360 offering. I didn't like the last 2k baseball game on the Xbox.

Also, it sucks that Madden is the only NFL game we'll get on the 360. Hopefully they'll make something decent next year so that we can happily get a decent NFL game.

I never had an Xbox, but when i got a 360 i picked up Jade Empire, I've noticed it stuttering/ slowing down occasionaly during dialouge (visual not audio). Also the loading times seem a bit too long...

Can anyone give me more info on Tony Hawk American Wasteland (XBOX) on the 360?

The Xbox version can be obtained for $19.99 at BB this week, while the 360 version is still $59.99....

I hope to God MS is going to get on the ball later when it comes to their backwards games. Especially Halo 2 which ran choppy as hell when I had a friend play splitt screen over Live (it only did this on occasion, but when it did it was very annoying). Never did that on the normal XBox.

Anyone have any experience with the first Prince of Persia on the 360? I have a tiny bit of progress in it but im thinking of re-starting the game since I have my xbox over a friends place 24/7 and I dont feel like removing it from there.

If Microsoft would have put the games from the last 6 months and a few fan favorites on the BC list no one would have said anything, why buy a 400 dollar system to play games that came out in 2002?

This is still a sticking point for me...if they actually bother to keep working on BC I'll probably get a 360 before long. If they just figure "it's been a few months, no one cares anymore since they're playing new games"....forget it. There are still several XBox games I haven't even gotten to yet and I'm not clearing out space for a 360 among my already-crowded TV accessories by replacing the first XBox.

I don't think bc is that big of a deal, but since the majority of people do I would imagine msft will work on it for at least a year. One thing that will most likely dictate how long they try to make xbox games compatible for the 360, will be how many xbox game emulators get dl thru xbox live. If no one is doing it, most likely they will stop making the emulators

Has anyone been able to burn the "default.xex" file to disc and been able to use it in your 360? I've burned it once and the 360 doesn't automatically start the update. On the dashboard it recognizes there is a disc in the tray, but it say, "Mixed Media CD". Am I doing something wrong?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Had MS been updating the list of compatible games? I haven't really heard anything one way or another since the 360 came out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they've definitely added to it, including some notables like the SC series.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Had MS been updating the list of compatible games? I haven't really heard anything one way or another since the 360 came out.[/QUOTE]

The next update is rumored to out in mid Febuary. I hope they can at least get the Capcom Classics and Taito Legends games working. 2D Should be easy....

Question on Call of Cthulu - i know a few people have mentioned they ran it on the 360. Did the first movie for you go all wonky? the game looks great, but the first movie doesnt have any of the visuals.

I watched the intro on the original xbox, im just wondering if i can play it on the 360, or if later cut scenes are also gonna die out on me, causing me to miss plot

Anyone have any more information on this possible update? I thought it was suppose to happen mid feb-early march but I havent heard anything in a while. I've got Burnout Revenge, Doom 3, and Fatal Frame 2 burning a hole in my pocket waiting to play :). I kinda doubt they will make Revenge BC though since the 360 version is coming out the 7th.

[quote name='Staind204']Anyone have any more information on this possible update? I thought it was suppose to happen mid feb-early march but I havent heard anything in a while. I've got Burnout Revenge, Doom 3, and Fatal Frame 2 burning a hole in my pocket waiting to play :). I kinda doubt they will make Revenge BC though since the 360 version is coming out the 7th.[/quote]

Major Nelson stated back in January that the next update wouldn't happen until March. So hopefully we'll see something soon.

Fusion Frenzy is incredibly slow and I've had some minor issues issues with Halo 2. I'm hoping more updates will be coming soon.

Well in two hours it's March 1st here.

Apparently Criterion isn't too happy about not having their titles backwards, especially Black. They even apparently contacted MS about it and MS did nothing.

damn just bought MGS 2 substance and it's not backwards compatible. They have way too much crap on that list yet it's missing some of the best xbox games out there.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I just get the feeling that these updates will be fewer and further between until everyone forgets about backwards compatability.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I just get the feeling that these updates will be fewer and further between until everyone forgets about backwards compatability.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I'm still hopeful that game specific updates are just part of the testing process of the software and at some point when compatibility is good enough they'll just release and update saying that everything works. There will be a few that don't like any emulator, but most will be there.

Hopefully, maybe even this March update starts to move towards that direction. If not the hackers will figure it out soon enough I'm sure.

[quote name='takingchase']damn just bought MGS 2 substance and it's not backwards compatible. They have way too much crap on that list yet it's missing some of the best xbox games out there.[/QUOTE]

MGS2 might be difficult or impossible on the 360 since the face buttons aren't pressure sensitive, and it's necessary for things like not firing your drawn weapon.

MjC

I hate to still be complaining but no one has posted in this topic for about a week :). I emailed them and of course they wouldn't tell me when the update was.. they didnt even give me a hint. I swear it would sell them a lot more 360's if they would get their act together on this. It does piss me off that a lot of games on both platforms (xbox and 360) arent BC but I can live with it, just get SOMETHING new on the list and make sure it runs correctly =)

Well, it's been three months without an update. Way to go, Microsoft!

When they do decide to update, they better add at least 100 games, and make sure the existing ones are less buggy. I really did not think I would need to keep my old Xbox in March of 2006....

There are plently of people who have no forgootn the promise of backward compatibility. I for one would rather play Mercenaries than The Outfit...

This is starting to get ridiculous.

No updates in 3 months?

Microsoft, Im disgusted.

I got a ton of Xbox games for Christmas I still can't play because I got rid of my Xbox since I got my 360, depending on my favorite company to add some games atleast every few months.

But you can't even do that.....

bread's done
Back