360 Backwards Compatibility Thread - Updated 3/30

I stopped HL2 because of the performance... maybe I'll throw it back in and see if it's improved. There are honestly many more BC games at this point than I expected. Though as I predicted, I'm also not really taking any advantage of it. GRAW and Oblivion are just too good to pass over for older games. I'll get to this backlog of BC games once a lull in 360 releases comes along...

[quote name='doubledown']Hmmm, Black....is this game short? I'm tempted to give it a rent. Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

On Normal the game is around six hours, if even that. I can see someone finishing it in around four hours by just running through it. I admit I had fun playing it, but it does get a little repetitive. Go for the rental.

I just got rid of Black and Battlefront a couple of weeks ago. I figured by the time MS got these on the list they would drop in price. Oh well!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']How can you be happy for the fact that they fixed what was supposed to be done 4 months ago. Sure it's good that these games are working properly, but the bottom line is they fucked them up originally and it looks like they are going to continue to fuck BC up.[/QUOTE]

i dont care, all i want to play is Fable and Ninja Gaiden, therefore, im extremely pleased

This is BS, where's Doom 3, Morrowind, Shenmue II, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Silent Hill 2, ect? Not to mention many of the games are still near unplayable. I put in THUG 2, and the game runs absolutely horrid.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah I'm wondering that about splinter cell myself, I'll check that right now and let everyone know.[/QUOTE]
I just got on and I was the only one in the entire universe on. Look for my room.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']So what are the 12 games that have been improved? They only list a few in that article.[/QUOTE]

It amazes me that people can post a list a ton of times in this very thread, yet people still don't see it.

Darkwatch™
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas™
Half-Life® 2
Fable®
Fable®: The Lost Chapters™
Forza Motorsport™
Ninja Gaiden®
Ninja Gaiden® Black
SSX 3
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Chaos Theory™
kill.switch
World Series Baseball® 2K3

Can anyone confirm that they completely fixed the slowdown in NG:Black?

As stupid as it may sound, this is one thing that prevents from permanently owning a 360. I'm a bit obsessed with the game ;)

[quote name='alexjs2913']I've got a brand new copy of Psychonauts just waiting to be opened. Come on Microsoft!!![/QUOTE]

Have fun waiting, since you and me are the only 2 people who actually bought that game.

I rented Black because the addition to BC was a good excuse to finally play it. It plays absolutely flawlessly and looks beautiful.

So the disc you can purchase from Microsoft starting in Dec. 2005 will update your system with all of the updates. That sounds like a great option.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']I'm playing Winning Eleven 9 on my 360 right now.....sofar the game runs flawlessly, running it on 480p mode and the graphics look a bit better, cleaner.

This is the one game that I really wanted to be added to the BC list and my prayers have been answered :)[/QUOTE]
Thats good to hear

[quote name='Apossum']Can anyone confirm that they completely fixed the slowdown in NG:Black?

As stupid as it may sound, this is one thing that prevents from permanently owning a 360. I'm a bit obsessed with the game ;)[/QUOTE]

i bought NG: Black yesterday because of the fix, took it home, started playing it, works completely fine!!!!

I had a copy of Criterions Black sitting here. Just played the first 2 levels tonight. It looks and plays sweet. I didn't like it much on the xbox. playing it in 1080i on 360 made a huge difference.

[quote name='AshesofWake']i bought NG: Black yesterday because of the fix, took it home, started playing it, works completely fine!!!![/quote]

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I rented Black because the addition to BC was a good excuse to finally play it. It plays absolutely flawlessly and looks beautiful.[/quote]

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I played Chaos Theory and the new co-op maps do work now.[/quote]

Is MS finally getting their shit together?

I popped in GTA San Andreas and Forza yesterday and everything seemed to work perfectly. San Andreas looks and plays pretty dam good on the 360.

I also checked out Splinter Cell Pandora tomorrow but the image does not fill up my whole screen like the other games for some reason. I don't think the game supports widescreen, thats my guess. My tv setting is always on widescreen but the image didn't just have small black bars on each side, there was inches of space on each side. I checked to make sure it somehow didn't get in to 4:3 mode but sure enough it was in widescreen. It makes it almost unplayable on my set because the game image is so small.

Does chaos theory support widescreen? I may have to pick that up again.
Things seem to be looking up for BC, keep the hits coming MS.

I hope they continue to add. If you think about it.. This was such a minor update.

Ive only tried one game on that bc list (wwe raw 2) and it did chug at time but looked pretty clear. Are the original x games supposed to look better on 360? I only have a s video set up

The games are supposed to have slight graphical upgrades I believe. Halo 2 for example is supposed to be upscaled from 480p on the xbox to 720p on the 360 if I'm not mistaken. With an S video connection I doubt you will notice any signifigant changes in the games appearance.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Have fun waiting, since you and me are the only 2 people who actually bought that game.[/quote]

I got it as well...so there are 3 of us.

I popped in Ninja Gaiden Black, and the game plays fine now, no more slowdown during fights and random framerate drops.

Is it only me, or is it that when the Team Ninja opening movie plays, theres no sound and it lag hard, but thats just it. the game itself is fine, just that one cg thats all messed up.

[quote name='dios']I popped in Ninja Gaiden Black, and the game plays fine now, no more slowdown during fights and random framerate drops.

Is it only me, or is it that when the Team Ninja opening movie plays, theres no sound and it lag hard, but thats just it. the game itself is fine, just that one cg thats all messed up.[/QUOTE]

yeah the intro slowdown happens for me too, thank jiggly the game works perfectly

[quote name='AshesofWake']yeah the intro slowdown happens for me too, thank jiggly the game works perfectly[/quote]

Same for me. No sound and it stutters a lot. I noticed you can't skip any of the cg either? Otherwise the game plays fine.

I dont know if this is happening to anybody else but Black gives me video probs. On the start of the 4th mission my screen will be dark as if the game is paused. I have to shut down the 360 and restart it to get the level to appear correctly. Dont know how they fucked that up

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Make that 4.[/QUOTE]
5 if you count me.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone regretting buying it either.

Come on M$ and get Midtown Madness 3 working on the 360..... I mean if they can have Barbie's fucking Horse Adventures working why not MM3 damn it.....

[quote name='cyberlian']I can't get battlefront 2 to work on live, has anyone got it to work?[/quote]

I too would like to know. When I put SW: BF2 into the X360, it disconnects me from Xbox Live. Then it asks me to update, so I say yeah, then the screen/dl freezes on the "update in progress" screen.

I'm just wondering, how can I d/l something if I'm not even on Live?

If anyone knows or has it working; much help would be appreciated. (Is SW:BF2 included in the March 2006 update you can burn onto a CD?)

bump

so Ninja Gaiden Black works perfectly now?

and fuck MS for not making any 2D fighters BC since I last owned a 360 :p
c'moooon Street Fighter Anniversary. Need my 3S online fix

[quote name='Apossum']bump

so Ninja Gaiden Black works perfectly now?

and fuck MS for not making any 2D fighters BC since I last owned a 360 :p
c'moooon Street Fighter Anniversary. Need my 3S online fix[/QUOTE]

I want my Midway Arcade Treasures, Mercenaries & Morrowind to work :cry: Get on it Microsoft.

New update in the works:

Backwards Compatibility Update Coming Soon

Lots of talk about backwards compatibility online today. We wanted to get to the bottom of it all, so we went right to the team working on the next back compat update. We hear directly from them that they're in the testing phase of another update, and it should be out in the next few weeks. We saw the list they're testing, and it looks like they're hoping to add at least adozen titles...

...But rest assured, we're not done yet.
We know for a fact that there are lots of people who continue to care about backwards compatibility, including the "Emulation Ninjas" who are working full time on the updates. And those of us posting on this blog. And, of course, many of you.

Stay tuned for more information about the upcoming update…

Full article here: http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2006/06/01/535135.aspx

bread's done
Back