360 Controller, Wired or Wireless

Chux

CAGiversary!
As I was playing a game on my PC, my spare 360 controller (from launch) had it's right analog stick break. I'm not trying to spend full price on a replacement.

Thanks in advance!

I would recommend wired if youre mainly playing at your desk. No worrying about batteries dying during a game and you can get a official windows controller for less that $30 i think.

in my experiences i found that wired $30-35. never need to worry about batteries but you're restricted to the length of the cable and have to deal with more wires. wireless +$35, you have more movement due to wireless. also there is an option to purchase the plug & play accessory $3-15 which act as wired controller (3rd party manufacturers are ok but microsoft wireless batteries will have a longer life span)
imo im good for either or, the prices differences arent that bad, just have to know where to shop or wait for a sale.

Keep in mind that wired can be used on PC while wireless needs a special adaptor. Alot of PC games have 360 pad support.

I bought the official Microsoft Black Wireless 360 controller for pc. Let me say it is amazing. I play steam games on my tv and I love having the option to have wireless. It will connect to your pc or your xbox without any problems. I hate wires personally. I have windows 7 pro 64 bit and it installs the wireless dongle instantly. The only reason you would want to install the disk that comes with it is to show battery life once you hit the xbox key. I use xpadder on games that don't support wireless controllers and it works amazing. I have used it with Binding of Isaac, and even to change my controller into a mouse if I am lazy and on my couch haha. I heard JoytoKey is a good program as well. Battery life is great and I have zero complaints. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

A few things to clarify, I have the MS wireless dongle already, and AFAIK the nub snapped from the stick, as I can still sort of move the camera in games as I move it, but there is no feedback/friction.

bread's done
Back