360 Core refurb $204.99 @ ecost

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
(Manufacturer Recertified) Shipping was about $15

http://www.ecost.com/Detail.aspx?edp=37273301

• Xbox 360 Console. Sexy styling that packs a punch -- three powerful core processors are poised to pump out 720p/1080i/1080p output, 16x9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and dvd playback right out of the box.
  • Xbox 360 Wired Controller.
  • Xbox 360 AV cable & AC Adapter.
NO HDMI and the controller is a wired one. Not a great deal, but someone may be looking at this price.

60 days parts and Labor

5160499_lg.jpg

360 premium refurb also available at $249
http://www.ecost.com/Detail.aspx?edp=37155621
5148736_lg.jpg

[quote name='Hoffer']Man, I would never buy a refurbed or used Xbox 360. Way too unreliable.

just my opinion[/quote]

You = fail.

Refurbed means it won't break. If any you should buy a refurbed console over a new one. Less likely to break on.

[quote name='nick1990']You = fail.

Refurbed means it won't break. If any you should buy a refurbed console over a new one. Less likely to break on.[/quote]

I don't know about that logic. It's a real risk either way.

not trying to threadcrap but i'm on my 3rd refurb 360 in 5 months, its now making weird noises, i'm hoping it breaks down so I can just ask the store for credit so I can buy a new 360, tired of having to return mine for another crappy one

bwhaha refurb doesn't mean it won't break?
It means it's been fixed so it's a crap shoot with these units anyways (new or used) :/.

Yea Im in the same boat, Id buy a refurb over a new unit just about anyday. Usually whatever problem existed, existed with multiple units. Having that error fixed makes me feel better :). But I agree its still a crapshoot.

Refurbed means it won't break. If any you should buy a refurbed console over a new one. Less likely to break on.[/quote]

Uh...you need to go and look up the word "refurbished," because you apparently don't know what it means. And thus, you shouldn't worry about whether or not others have "failed."

Wait so this Ecost guy knows better than the Microsoft guy on fixing 360s? LOOLOLLLOL

LMAO.

You do know all the 360 horror stories are due to horrid refurbs?

refurb = broke down and fixed to be resold at a low price.
I've purchased from ecost before, the shipping is slow. I never got my rebate for one of the products that was supposed to be free after rebate. I'd suggest steering away from this site if your item comes with a rebate, many other people at SD have also mentioned some of the companies on this site not giving rebates.

It's rumored that the arcade 360 will be dropping to $199 soon (dropping to 199 euros soon too), so I suggest people hold off on this.

[quote name='gkrykewy']It's rumored that the arcade 360 will be dropping to $199 soon (dropping to 199 euros soon too), so I suggest people hold off on this.[/quote]

So basically the core?

Depends on what they did to "refurbish" it. If they do what I do, then yes, it's pretty much RRoD-proof. If they simply reflow or aren't thorough enough, then it could break again. Most MS refurbs contain some inefficient heat transfer pads for the RAM (inefficient compared to a heatsink), and an extra heatsink for the GPU (great for the heat, but doesn't solve the problem of "if it flexes".

[quote name='Methadon']Depends on what they did to "refurbish" it. If they do what I do, then yes, it's pretty much RRoD-proof. If they simply reflow or aren't thorough enough, then it could break again. Most MS refurbs contain some inefficient heat transfer pads for the RAM (inefficient compared to a heatsink), and an extra heatsink for the GPU (great for the heat, but doesn't solve the problem of "if it flexes".[/quote]

Keep in mind that RRoD is not the only technical problem that the 360 (or any computer system, for that matter) suffers from. The disc drive is another biggie. Also, although heat has certainly been a major issue in the high rate of RRoD, no amount of improvements can completely eliminate the RRoD. The possibility of general hardware failure will always be present.

In the end, anyone interested in a used/opened box/refurbished unit needs to decide what is the better deal for them: saving some money but getting an older, potentially previously damaged unit or spending a little more and getting the brand new system.

Includes Xbox 360 System with HDMI output, wireless controller, five arcade games, and a 256MB memory unit.

[quote name='KoA']I Suggest an intercooler for the heat :) I Bought one - comes with 3 more fans.[/quote]

I hope you're not talking about the original Nyko Intercooler. If so, then you should realize that thing is literally killing your 360 as you play it, your chances of general hardware failure (RROD) are much higher now, and uh...your warranty is null and void.

Seriously, guys, given the track record of this console durability, you need to exercise some patience and save your money to buy a brand new model of these, most preferably an Elite built with the Falcon motherboard at this point or a premium with it. They should be increasingly more likely to find in stores now as the old chipset model is being phased out and will disappear as stock clears. Just a heads up that its rumored Microsoft is working on yet another even more reliable model for release later this year with a smaller, more heat-efficient GPU.

Besides, the core/arcade is half of a true 360, and you will be able to do next to nothing with Xbox Live and game-enhancements without a sizable HD. Its not worth it, IMO.

I hope you're not talking about the original Nyko Intercooler. If so, then you should realize that thing is literally killing your 360 as you play it. And uh...your warranty is null and void.

Indeed.

Besides, the core/arcade is half of a true 360, and you will be able to do next to nothing with Xbox Live and game-enhancements without a sizable HD. Its not worth it, IMO.

It's worth it, if you can find a good deal on a 360 hard drive. You can actually save a few bucks going this route...again...assuming you can find a deal on the HD.

Welcome to CAG..... president and CEO of Ecost, Nick1990.....

[quote name='gkrykewy']It's rumored that the arcade 360 will be dropping to $199 soon (dropping to 199 euros soon too), so I suggest people hold off on this.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOO. FARK just bought mine for $204 and it hasn't even shipped yet.. Didn't hear the rumor or I would have waited to get it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Indeed.

It's worth it, if you can find a good deal on a 360 hard drive. You can actually save a few bucks going this route...again...assuming you can find a deal on the HD.[/QUOTE]

Used 360 hard drives are all over ebay for around $50 shipped. Got mine the other day for $45. Damn ebay seller shipped it so fast it beat my arcade which I ordered 4 days earlier and still isn't here.

Also as far as 360 drives I was reading an auction (which I can't find now) that showed how to change the 360 hard drive and that basically under the casing it is just a 2.5" sata drive which can be replaced. Anyone else come across this in the past?

Not worth buying a POS that already has been service god knows how many times...Not really a deal either considering a price drop on the 360's is happening March 14, 2008. Rumor it's coming down another $30-50 bucks. To end all agony, just buy a PS3, where it has a much less failure rate and built with better parts unlike the Xbox 360.

Arcade is dropping to 199 Euros in Europe TOMORROW (Monday) confirmed. Expect a drop to $199 in the US within a week or two. Avoid these Core refurbs like the plague!!!

Also, the arcade suddenly becomes a helluva deal.

bread's done
Back