360 Elites are in stock at amazon (as of 7/19)

[quote name='trip1eX']for $20 more you get wi-fi and BluRay and quiet. :)[/quote]

Not to mention a smaller hard drive, subpar online system, and fewer exclusives! Woot! :roll:

The week before E3 is probably the worst time to buy a system. MS could very easily announce a price drop, or a bundle, or even a new SKU. Wait until Wednesday.

I find it hard to believe people can't find these in stores. If I wanted to buy one right now I could go out and find one easily.

Still, no tax makes it pretty good.

It's funny that these are still rare. I saw a few of them at Target and BB while out shopping this afternoon. Obviously it varies greatly depending on the market you live in.

I've noticed a lot more Elites around Los Angeles this week. I saw two at a Wal*Mart, two at a Target, and even GameCrazy and GameStop had one! Before this week I NEVER saw one in L.A. Maybe a large shipment to L.A. happened this week.

Free shipping and no tax in L.A. saves you almost $40 in tax though!

[quote name='thunderx85']Is it true that the elite has less bugs then the premium and the core. My premium just died[/quote]
Red Ring of Death? If you didn't hear, MS has extended the warranty on all 360s for 3 years in terms of RROD. So if you have a RROD issue, hope on the phone and give MS a call.

To answer your question though, I don't think they actually changed the cooling system, which is the cause of the ROD. So no, they aren't less buggy.

[quote name='trip1eX']for $20 more you get wi-fi and BluRay and quiet. :)[/QUOTE]

Yep and the PS3 won't scratch your discs nor will it red ring on you.

And why should I pay to play online with a bunch of flaming assholes and homophobes?

It's amazing how noisy the Xbox360 can be by default and how poorly constructed it is.

Well, at least Microsoft is owning up and extending their warranty like they should've from the start.

[quote name='the ender']Not to mention a smaller hard drive, subpar online system, and fewer exclusives! Woot! :roll:[/quote]

Wait a minute... how is free online capability subpar to a monthly fee online system that is only nominally better, if not the same?

Microsoft needs a price drop to be an "obvious" selection at this point over the ps3. With a few more major releases in the near future, ps3 now definitely has the potential to far outsell the 360.... Especially with a $500 tag and 5 free Blu-rays (basically 75$-100$ value).

why is this turning into a ps3 vs 360 thread now? o and now elites are in stock somewhere..i couldnt wait and got a premium at costco 2 weeks ago :lol:

How quickly a thread about the elite being in stock at amazon turns into fanboy pissing contest. Pittifull.

I just ordered a premium for amazon the other day. oh well.

It's not 360 vs ps3... it's more so about whether or not this is a good deal, compared to what you can get for 20$ more (actually about 60-80$ less if you sell the free blurays).

Elites should have been released at the old premium retail price, then premiums and cores should have been dropped 80$... I find it ridiculous that the Elite runs for 480$ and doesn't even have the upgraded 65nm CPU or a high definition media player. Considering the fact that 360 peripherals that aren't included run up that figure considerably (wireless controllers, charge kits, wireless receiver, etc), coupled with the monthly fee for xbox live, then this isn't that great of a deal when compared to the new ps3 price drop.

I'm not a fanboy either way... I definitely plan on owning both once they're at a sane price; this is just my impartial perspective.

TC - Thanks for the heads up, they have been tough to find around where I live. I'm not in the market for one, my old premium works just fine. Plus I don't think MS is going to let Sony's pricedrop go unchallenged.

To the assholes who did turn this into a PS3 vs. 360 flame war, please gather your 14 year old friends and head back to gamefaqs and/or gamespot.

[quote name='kingsoby1']It's not 360 vs ps3... it's more so about whether or not this is a good deal...[/quote]

If you don't think this isn't a good deal, or even a horrible sad excuse for a deal, cool. Don't thread crap though. I agree with you, I think the elite is overpriced but there's no need to crap on other people's opinions.

As for myself, I'd rather wait until after E3 and see if there are any mentions of a price drop. And I'd want the models with the new chips regardless.

[quote name='mkelehan']The week before E3 is probably the worst time to buy a system. MS could very easily announce a price drop, or a bundle, or even a new SKU. Wait until Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

I agree, save any & all console buying until after E3.

And yes Sony fan-boys, the Elite is hard to find, I know the notion blows your mind.

[quote name='kingsoby1']Wait a minute... how is free online capability subpar to a monthly fee online system that is only nominally better, if not the same?

Microsoft needs a price drop to be an "obvious" selection at this point over the ps3. With a few more major releases in the near future, ps3 now definitely has the potential to far outsell the 360.... Especially with a $500 tag and 5 free Blu-rays (basically 75$-100$ value).[/QUOTE]

Lets put it this way, if I hadn't already bought a 360 lats year, I would get an full-price elite over a $400 60 GB PS3 that came with a free controller and game. I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

[quote name='GauntletPython']Red Ring of Death? If you didn't hear, MS has extended the warranty on all 360s for 3 years in terms of RROD. So if you have a RROD issue, hope on the phone and give MS a call.

To answer your question though, I don't think they actually changed the cooling system, which is the cause of the ROD. So no, they aren't less buggy.[/quote]

Thanks, I give them a call

The Elite is hard to find because they aren't producing too many. At my work, we rarely got any in, and when we did, we didn't sell that many. I think we might even still have two left.

Wait till after E3. Since we basically know that the PS3 dropped in price, MS may retaliate with a drop of their own.

[quote name='kingsoby1']Wait a minute... how is free online capability subpar to a monthly fee online system that is only nominally better, if not the same?[/QUOTE]

How do you know this when you say you don't own either system. If you did you'd know Xbox Live is much better than what the PS3 offers for free.

[quote name='OGHowie']How do you know this when you say you don't own either system. If you did you'd know Xbox Live is much better than what the PS3 offers for free.[/quote]

haha...that's funny thing. Some Sony fanboys say "PS3 is the best..." but they don't own a PS3 console.

I own both and I can say they both have good and bad attributes. I would prefer an elite to my premium but, that price is too high. Here's to E3 price drop announcements.

...from what I've read from many online sources?

I guess the elite is hard to find... but it's no Wii. You can find one if you look. I'm not really crushing the opinions of others.

[quote name='kingsoby1']It's not 360 vs ps3... it's more so about whether or not this is a good deal, compared to what you can get for 20$ more (actually about 60-80$ less if you sell the free blurays).

Elites should have been released at the old premium retail price, then premiums and cores should have been dropped 80$... I find it ridiculous that the Elite runs for 480$ and doesn't even have the upgraded 65nm CPU or a high definition media player. Considering the fact that 360 peripherals that aren't included run up that figure considerably (wireless controllers, charge kits, wireless receiver, etc), coupled with the monthly fee for xbox live, then this isn't that great of a deal when compared to the new ps3 price drop.

I'm not a fanboy either way... I definitely plan on owning both once they're at a sane price; this is just my impartial perspective.[/QUOTE]

Don't you have summer school in Junior High? You should really attend. I didn't know the actually play the 360 you had to buy all the additional items you mentioned. A wireless controller, 2 AA batteries, and the ethernet cable ALL INCLUDED, will work. Please show us the damn pie chart that shows how much the 360 would be to EXACTLY match up with the PS3. Ill show you 200+ games the PS3 does NOT have as well as all the exclusives they have stolen. I won't go any farther in this as you will just have some stupid retort GameFaqs style on how l88t you are or some crap like that. You don't own either system so fuck off.

Yeah this is totally not a my system is better than your system thread.

Is this a good deal? At the moment yes. After E3 who knows.

Even if a price drop does occur i wont be too bent out of shape since i got the money for my premium 360 from a gift site. Id be happy to see a price cut so my friend can get one and we can play online together.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Don't you have summer school in Junior High? You should really attend. I didn't know the actually play the 360 you had to buy all the additional items you mentioned. A wireless controller, 2 AA batteries, and the ethernet cable ALL INCLUDED, will work. Please show us the damn pie chart that shows how much the 360 would be to EXACTLY match up with the PS3. Ill show you 200+ games the PS3 does NOT have as well as all the exclusives they have stolen. I won't go any farther in this as you will just have some stupid retort GameFaqs style on how l88t you are or some crap like that. You don't own either system so fuck off.[/QUOTE]
wow... that was totally uncalled for and quite immature. no one is insulting you; there is no need to feel threatened and get defensive.

fanboy ban?

I think it's worth pointing out that Amazon does have a 30-day price guarantee, so you can safely buy the Elite now for $479 and if Microsoft happens to drop the price during/after E3 next week, Amazon will reflect this and you can simply email them for a refund. It's painless - I did it 3 separate times on the same purchase of an HDTV last month.

I already own a PS3, but would love to play some Bioshock and Mass Effect so I hope a price cut is in the works.

im definitely waiting for the 65nm cpu to be standard... and for when i have spare time/money. my ps2 backlog will take at least a year or two to get through. although, i cant wait to play blue dragon... im so glad microsoft realized that its important to have good rpgs on your console.

People are so passionate about their game systems. Just buy 'em both. =D

Anyways - honestly the only reason I'd upgrade to Elite from Premium is to match the rest of my HT equipment (all black except for the albino bastard). Seeing that it didn't come w/ an HD-DVD drive since MS is still on the fence doesn't surprise me. The HDMI connection, though good, is rather useless since the games aren't supporting 1080i/p yet are they?

Goddamn, this is a thread about a deal for the 360 Elite, not a place to complain about people not looking for a PS3. Go to GameFAQs or NeoGAF for that.

[quote name='trip1eX']for $20 more you get wi-fi and BluRay and quiet. :)[/QUOTE]

the quiet is just it's lack of games ... and rumble :crickets:

I have both. And the PS3 for me is a really good...blu-ray player.

(Opens cabinet and starts counting BD movies...) So far, 16 BD movies (mostly from the Fry's and Amazon deals) and counting...

Don't get me wrong - I have 13 movies - also good deals - and 3 collections so far playing on my 360 HD-DVD add-on: Planet Earth, Matrix Trilogy (from $20 CC glitch - w00t!) and Smallville 5th season.

Bought Motorstorm, my first PS3 game purchase (maybe - you'll see shortly), from a Sam's Club for $40 neaby (yes, it's YMMV) and I still haven't opened it. I've played the demo A LOT from PSN, and I'm still debating on whether to return it or not.

Games I want to play?
NGS: - hmmm... tried the demo, but NGB on 360's ok for me for now. Thanks to the backlog, I'm just starting on the missions. And after reading some of the graphical miscues on the reviews, maybe if they lower the price more. Maybe...
GRAW2 - on 360, got it cheap at Fry's - check
Oblivion - I'd rather have the additional content from Live
M:UA - runs better on 360 - check
VT3 - has online play on 360 - check
VF5 - will have online play on 360 (yeah, i know, it's not out yet, but, you know which version I'm getting...)
R6:V - on 360, check. And now that the Red and Black Map Pack are free, even better
NBA 2k7 - on 360, got one

And I haven't even gone to the 360 exclusives yet: Gears of War, Halo 3 (already pre-ordered for the $5 MS points - and I had a $40 BB GC...) TRL, DOA4, Kameo, etc...

Heavenly Sword - sure, when it comes out
Lair - Ditto
MGS4 - have they announced when it's coming out yet?
FFXIII - too far away - 2008?

And this is coming from someone who actually owns both systems. Maybe if I actually paid the full retail price for the PS3, I might be a bit disappointed. Thank goodness for those $150 credits from SonyCard awhile back.

That's just my opinion and preferences, and I'm sure it will differ from others, granted that they have firsthand experience of what they're talking about, and none of that fanboy trash. (Yes, if you feel the sting from these comments, then that means YOU).

I think I'm cranky today. Sorry, but I just had to let my frustrations out.

That's cool that you have an opinion based on buying and operating both systems... but why isn't it valid to analyze the platforms based on periodical and other references? I mean, being an educated consumer is good, right?

Sigh, I guess I'm just a huge fanboy for thinking that this isn't a very good deal/ having an opinion. Man, people get genuinely upset about this stuff...

bread's done
Back