360 & Gamestop

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
I have an opportunity for a really good deal on an Elite at GS but I have a few questions for 360 owners.

>Does MS's warranty cover a system purchased used and, if so, what are the terms of the warranty?

>I'm told GS's warranty is $40 and is a replacement for 1 year. Is that correct?

>Does anyone have any experience with GS's warranty (for any system) and what was your experience like.

> Does GS usually sell 360's w/o the hard drive?

>I assume the Elite is compatible with the 20gb hard drives, correct?

>It seems like Elites have a noticeably lower failure rate than the Pros. Have some of you come to the same conclusion?

Thanks for any help that you can provide and if you have relevant information that I haven't asked about, please post it.

[quote name='Access_Denied']I know one thing for sure, there's not hard drive that comes with it.[/quote]

Uh, you can get them with or without. Just depends on what they have.

GS will NOT sell you a warranty anymore. They stopped doing that in October/November of last year. Well, that's for new systems...on second thought, I'm not sure about used systems.

Remember that your good deal is a system that probably red ringed once and they got it working to get it traded....or got traded after being repaired.

As soon as mine came back from M$, the first thing that I did was trade it to GS.

The smart plan? Never buy a used 360. Wait for the new system with the 60 GB hard drive and probably the new chip set.

TBW

[quote name='neocisco']I have an opportunity for a really good deal on an Elite at GS but I have a few questions for 360 owners.

>Does MS's warranty cover a system purchased used and, if so, what are the terms of the warranty?

>I'm told GS's warranty is $40 and is a replacement for 1 year. Is that correct?

>Does anyone have any experience with GS's warranty (for any system) and what was your experience like.

>It seems like Elites have a noticeably lower failure rate than the Pros. Have some of you come to the same conclusion?

Thanks for any help that you can provide and if you have relevant information that I haven't asked about, please post it.[/quote]

I would NEVER buy a used 360 unless it was from a friend, and I would have to have the same amount of trust in them that I would trust them with my life.

---Technically no, however I bought mine used and I red ringed and they fixed it for free, I just didnt' tell them I bought it used, technically they have no idea.

---GS stopped selling ALL warranties on ALL 360's new and used.

---Depends on store, usually it is an instant 1 time swap on used (on new if you live in WACA state used warranty is uaully 2 years, and new is 1st year through manufacturer, and second year through GS, there are only like 6 WACA states though).

---Yes, obv, if you buy an Elite used you aren't getting anything extra but the HDMI cable(HD doesn't come with used 360 at GS), which you can get on newegg.com for about $5.

---Every system is different, but the newer models seem to be better in general.

I worked at GS for like 5 years.

My suggestion would be to buy it new at Target this week for $299 (20gig) and get the $30 gift card

What's your "good deal", pricewise? The elite was $399 the other day on Amazon, and the 60GB Premium is retailing for $349.

Just calm your titties and wait for the 60GB like everyone has said so far. No need to buy a crappy used 360 that will break on you in a day.

Unlocked thread and moved to Deal Discussions.

Not the best place for it, though it seems more appropriate out here than in the 360 forum, where it was probably locked because it wasn't asked in the "main" 360 thread.

[quote name='shrike4242']Unlocked thread and moved to Deal Discussions.

Not the best place for it, though it seems more appropriate out here than in the 360 forum, where it was probably locked because it wasn't asked in the "main" 360 thread.[/quote]

Thanks for the assist, Shrike. I wasn't sure exactly what forum to put it in and took a guess. Thanks for handling this in the proper manner.

They will cover it provided the system has not been tampered with in any way. If it is a refurbished system by Gamestop or some other 3rd party, they won't touch it. Check under the faceplate to make sure there is a silver Microsoft sticker.

It depends on the price point of the system but I believe it is $39.99 for a year replacement. Depending on your area, the PRP may differ in the way it works.

The PRP will not cover physical abuse. Just normal wear and tear to the point where it won't power on, won't read disks, or you get the red lights. Those kind of things.

All used 360's will not come with a hard drive. These are sent off to the warehouse when traded in to be formatted of any content that may be on there.

Yes they do. I had a pro with a 20gb drive and had to wait for the transfer cable to move my stuff over.

It's a 360. Good luck is all I can say. So far *knocks on wood* nothing has happened to mine.

Thanks for any help that you can provide and if you have relevant information that I haven't asked about, please post it.[/quote]

bread's done
Back