360 HD-DVD: $25 @ Buy.com

nice. i grabbed one at Target last year or so when they were $40. it's a wise purchase as it saves wear and tear on the 360's drive (and we know the less use that gets the better). also, you can get reaaal cheap hd-dvd movies at this site ... http://hddvdboxsets.com/

there's some great titles that are hd/dvd combo so you can watch them either way. and i'm very tempted to grab Planet Earth for $15

inetvideo and Amazon are also great places for CHEEEAP HD-DVDs. I love the hell out of my player that I bought from Frys with 3 movies for like, $35 or something.

Hmm... Do I get one or not? I have a HD-DVD Player and the 360hd-dvd player. Probably don't need it.

Thanks for posting though!

It looks like it might not include the remote, since that isn't mentioned anywhere in the details.

Frys.com still has NEW units with the remote and king kong HD DVD for $35 plus shipping.

[quote name='therodersabides']At first I read this as "300 on HD-DVD: $25 @ Buy.com" Which seemed just a little overpriced to me.
[/QUOTE]

me too! lol

so can you use this to play games via? instead of the internal drive? i know the 360 hddvd drive isnt as good quality as any other stand alone hddvd player (something with colors/gamma) but if i can use it in lieu of my internal drive to reduce wear, i just might get it.

[quote name='postulio']me too! lol

so can you use this to play games via? instead of the internal drive? i know the 360 hddvd drive isnt as good quality as any other stand alone hddvd player (something with colors/gamma) but if i can use it in lieu of my internal drive to reduce wear, i just might get it.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, only the internal drive can play games.

I'd be down for a new one at this price, and beef up an hd-dvd collection, since they are the same quality as bluray.

How is the upscale on regular dvd's with this unit?

It is also worth noting that frys.com still has some about 60 HD DVDs for sale as well, most for less than $4 or less, including battlestar galatica season 1 for $5. While Frys shipping can be a bit steep for one item, they seem to only charge incremental shipping costs on additional items, so one item might cost $7 shipping but four items might only cost $8.30 to be shipped.

Awesome I just bought a Toshiba HD D3(or A3) player with 300, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Ultimatum, and Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix for 15 bucks off Craigslist. I definitely plan on buying more from Frys and Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid question, but... the HD DVD drive uses HDMI outputs, right?

I remember the 360s at launch not having HDMI ports, and want to make sure.

Thanks.

Thee video output comes from the 360 itself, not the drive. If your 360 doesn't have HDMI, you won't get it by buying this drive.

[quote name='mitch079']For some reason, this has me rollin. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Just noticed I made it into your sig. Lovin that!

bread's done
Back