360 HDD Transfer Cable

INCyr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I recently upgraded from an old 360 to one of the new elites, to take advantage of the $50 rebate. As a results, I need to transfer all my data from my old 20gb HDD to my new 120gb HDD. However, I can't find anywhere to pick up the transfer cable & disc - I've tried craigslist in my area, and ebay just has hong kong knock-offs, and I don't want to go through the hassle of copying it to my computer and back again (especially since I have Macs, and have NO clue if those would even work.)

So does anyone on here have a cable & dvd that they might be willing to part with? I'm in the DC area, and i know that there are a bunch of people in this area, so I'm hoping that I might be able to meet up with someone just to borrow it for a day or two (or buy it for a low price.)

Barring that, a lead to a repuitable source to pick one up would also be appreciated.

I have someone waiting on my old 360, so I'm trying to get this done ASAP.

Thanks,
Ian

Man I ordered one for free from Microsoft back when the elite came out and it was free, I can't find mine but if I find it I will let you know man.

MS use to send these out for free when you bought a new Elite. We found out, though, that you could...well...bend the truth and just put that your console was "on order," and they would send you one. The PDF, though, is no longer up on the US site. I'm gonna guess they finally caught on. Do they still send you one if you actually buy a new system, though? I would call them or e-mail them.

EDIT: Just read in another thread that MS is now charging ~$13 shipped for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the market for one, as well. There are some on eBay, but they look like they're from China. If I can't get one from someone here, I might call MS and get one directly from them.

Like others have said MS used to give them out free but of course people abused it and began selling them on eBay. So now MS charges for them. Try emailing them about it though.

Indeed. I know I certainly got a free one from them when I picked up a used hard drive from GS. I would have had little issue with paying the ~$13 shipped, but that wasn't an option then, and I was not about to give some eBay flipper ~35 shipped for one.

MS charges for them now?

hahahahahaha.

I used a fax order form when I got my 120GB about a year ago, and the retards sent me *2*, from different locations.

eBay was so awesome for these things...

I just recently purchased a resident evil special edition xbox about a month ago. I called microsoft and told them I needed a transfer kit since i upgraded from the old 20 gig to a 120 gig. Initially, the representative tried to charge me 15 dollars or whatever and I told her that, from my understanding, these kits are free for people upgrade and asked her to please let me speak to a supervisor. After a few minutes on hold, she registered my new system and found the proper code to input in order for the HDD transfer kit to be free. I received it about 5 days later.

I just got one from Microsoft for $14.00 because I plan on upgrading to the 250gb from my current 120gb hard drive when the MW2 bundle comes out in November. I feel for $14.00 its a good deal to have something like this around just in case I need it later down the line, or to put it up for people to pass around and borrow. Plus I am sure when I am done with it I could always throw it up on E-Bay or Craigslist and get most of the $14.00 if I needed to.

[quote name='rhetoric']I just recently purchased a resident evil special edition xbox about a month ago. I called microsoft and told them I needed a transfer kit since i upgraded from the old 20 gig to a 120 gig. Initially, the representative tried to charge me 15 dollars or whatever and I told her that, from my understanding, these kits are free for people upgrade and asked her to please let me speak to a supervisor. After a few minutes on hold, she registered my new system and found the proper code to input in order for the HDD transfer kit to be free. I received it about 5 days later.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that info. I just got my Elite, so I'll try calling them for a free transfer cable.

bread's done
Back