360 manufacturing date question

hurley7715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
i just picked up a 360 today, saw the date it was manufactured was 4/06 ... should i hold onto it, or exchange it? anyone have any 360's manufactured in 07?

I wonder if an 07' date even matters unless it was done very recently with the new heat sink. Anyway, enjoy yur new machine, their is a lot of great games out now.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I wonder if an 07' date even matters unless it was done very recently with the new heat sink. Anyway, enjoy yur new machine, their is a lot of great games out now.[/quote]
I think it does. Some may have the quieter BenQ DVD drive.

[quote name='hurley7715']i just picked up a 360 today, saw the date it was manufactured was 4/06 ... should i hold onto it, or exchange it? anyone have any 360's manufactured in 07?[/quote]

Maybe they made some small tweaks to things but until the smaller chipsets start making it into the systems in the 4th quarter of this year I think all of the systems have a good chance of heading to McAllen Texas in their cardboard coffin sooner or later.

Id just enjoy the system if you want to play now, but if you are really worried about it dying then wait until the new chips are out at the end of this year.

Either way, since the systems have a 3 year warranty from the date of purchase I'm not sure why you wouldn't just use it. You are protected for the next 3 years from the red ring. If it dies, then call up and order the coffin and get it fixed.

bread's done
Back