360-Oblivion GOTY Edition $29.99 @ Virgin MegaStore B&M

psychoxfoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not too sure if this is YMMV, but I went to check out the Virgin store today at Union Square, NYC during my break and noticed stickers that clealy said "sale 29.99"on each and every copy of Oblivion GOTY edition for 360. Odd, i know, maybe a mistake meant to be for the old non-goty version, but i looked and there seemed to be an endless amount of copies, each with its own sticker and sale price labled on it so... just thought maybe some of you may be interested...
I didn't pick it up myself though since I don't know if it's still worth buying... seems to be a slow-paced, time consuming-type of game

Here's a store-locator link if any of you want to check it out, but as I said, I don't know if it's YMMV

http://www.virginmegamagazine.com/default.asp?p%3D6

[quote name='killbot13']Dude, you should have bought 10 of them and flopped them on eBay for $20 profit each. :)[/quote]

heh, I think I'm too muuch of a good moral'd person to even do those kind of things. Besides, I'm lazy ;)

[quote name='djkunai']Yeah, the regular version is supposed to be that price. It likely rings up at $59.99.[/quote]

Still, it's probably going to be hard for them to deny you, if there's over 30 copies just laying on the shelf with the same price tag.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']heh, I think I'm too muuch of a good moral'd person to even do those kind of things. Besides, I'm lazy ;)[/quote]

What's immoral about it? If they are selling them for $30 buy em. If people will pay $50+ for them new, they are still getting them for below MSRP, so sell em.

:cool:

[quote name='killbot13']What's immoral about it? If they are selling them for $30 buy em. If people will pay $50+ for them new, they are still getting them for below MSRP, so sell em.

:cool:[/QUOTE]
lol, definitely a cags way of thinking...

I will look for one to keep for myself.

Just checked Hollywood, CA and no such stickers. In fact, the regular version wasn't even marked down to $29.99. Oh well, I suppose the price on Oblivion
GOTY will drop eventually.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']Not too sure if this is YMMV, but I went to check out the Virgin store today at Union Square, NYC during my break and noticed stickers that clealy said "sale 29.99"on each and every copy of Oblivion GOTY edition for 360. Odd, i know, maybe a mistake meant to be for the old non-goty version, but i looked and there seemed to be an endless amount of copies, each with its own sticker and sale price labled on it so... just thought maybe some of you may be interested...
I didn't pick it up myself though since I don't know if it's still worth buying... seems to be a slow-paced, time consuming-type of game

Here's a store-locator link if any of you want to check it out, but as I said, I don't know if it's YMMV

http://www.virginmegamagazine.com/default.asp?p%3D6[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I am going to try to get a copy now!!

Just picked one up during my lunch break. I got it for 29.99, but they had to adjust the price manually with the help of manager. They probably just mislabeled the GOTY and the regular edition.

I'm sure if you try and buy too many they'll get suspicious.

[quote name='richieyoo']Just picked one up during my lunch break. I got it for 29.99, but they had to adjust the price manually with the help of manager. They probably just mislabeled the GOTY and the regular edition.

I'm sure if you try and buy too many they'll get suspicious.[/QUOTE]

Yes! I just picked up 2 copies. The cashier was commenting how everyone is buying this (and he also had to adjust the price manually). Bought the extra copy for a buddy of mine, not that he will have time to play!

Just picked up a copy at the New York Union Square Location, there was at least 25-30 copies left marked down to 29.99. Get it while its hot, I think its a error on there part for prcing it that low... but it should be marked that price anyway, its just an expansion unless you haven't bought the original yet which makes it a bargain.

[quote name='jayger79']Just picked up a copy at the New York Union Square Location, there was at least 25-30 copies left marked down to 29.99. Get it while its hot, I think its a error on there part for prcing it that low... but it should be marked that price anyway, its just an expansion unless you haven't bought the original yet which makes it a bargain.[/QUOTE]

Well it is not just an expansion, it is the full game, plus 2 expansions (which was $19.99 individually right? at least for the PC). So even at $59.99, it is a great package if you don't already have the original game.

$29.99 is a steal!! I feel like a thief.

As mentioned, sounds like a price error meant for the regular edition of the game (which did a universal price drop recently).

Great deal for NY CAGs, though I'd be curious if this is just specific to that store or nationwide. We don't got no Virgin Megastores 'round these parts.

any CAGs in california know if this pricing error is going on at the store at the anahiem store at the block in orange?

i kinda lazy to drive all the way out there... haha

hey guys, any1 who lives near there could buy me a copy and ill pay $ and shipping? I really want this game. I'd give u positive feedback. I live in upstate NY nowhere near there :(

I went there at around 6:30 p.m. and none of them had the sale stickers. I'm assuming they corrected their error. I did not bother to bring it up to the register seeing that others mentioned the manual price adjustment.

I scored 1 copy last week at BB for $28.99 after pricematch with Nebraska Funiture Mart ... Yeah, It's PC version on the ad but BB give me XBOX 360 version (I didn't pay attention until i at the cashier register). The Girl is so friendly & i got GOTY Edition for $28.99 plus taxes :)

Ohhh shit. Now I've got two reasons to head over to Powell tomorrow. Copy of SMT: Nocturne sitting at EBGames and a Virgin Megastore with potential stacks of GotY Oblivion!

I also picked up a copy at the Virgin Mega Store in Union Square. They had at least ten if not more copies of the game with the $29.99 sticker on them.

The price came up $59.99 when it was rung up by the associate but he manually changed the price without a problem. Also picked up a cool little Gizmo toy from the Gremlins.

Great score OP.

Union Square as of 7pm still had the game at $29.99

Dead. I went there at 3:00 today and they'd pulled them all off the shelf - there was a big stack of 'em behind the counter. When I left they were peeling off the $29.99 stickers. Knew I shoulda gone yesterday...

[quote name='Sarre']Dead. I went there at 3:00 today and they'd pulled them all off the shelf - there was a big stack of 'em behind the counter. When I left they were peeling off the $29.99 stickers. Knew I shoulda gone yesterday...[/quote]at which location?

Union Square NYC - it was clearly just a stickering mistake at that one store, not a national thing.

I was at this store this afternoon at about 3:30pm. This deal is definitely dead. The shelf was flush with copies. I picked one up, brought it to the register. Just then, some employee was bringing up all the shelf copies and told me he couldn't sell me the game at that price as it was a mistake. I was irritated at this point since I can't stand it when stores don't honor the sticker price on an item, mistake or not.

The manager finally came over and we argued for a bit until he relented. He told me one of their employees made a mistake and is being reprimanded for it.

The funny part is that while I was arguing, my buddy grabbed another copy off the stack behind the counter and brought it upstairs to the main cashiers. He bought it without issue...

He was buying it for me so he returned it since I was successful. You may luck out and find this copy somewhere in the store.

Thanks OP! It was a sweet deal but now it's dead.

Yeah...dead. Virgin store on Market St in SF doesn't have the stickers on their copies...although they are clearancing Bully for PS2 at $19.99. Solid price for that one.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Yeah...dead. Virgin store on Market St in SF doesn't have the stickers on their copies...although they are clearancing Bully for PS2 at $19.99. Solid price for that one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info TahoeMax. Save me a trip there.

To all you guys who Pm'd me, sorry fellas, I've been busy all day and well, it's too late now...but congrats to the rest who were able to get in on the deal, glad I could help.

And don't lie, I know some of you picked this up for ebay ;) , so try to share with some of the CAG's who wanted it here.

bread's done
Back