[360 OOS] Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition (360) $29.99 (PS3) $49.99 at Amazon

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19767[/IMG-R]The Collector's Edition includes:

• Dead Rising 2 game disc
  • Exclusive two-disc steelbook case
  • High-Def disc with 83 Minute "Zombrex Dead Rising Sun" motion picture and 24 minute "Making of" featurette
  • Zombrex "Syringe" pen
  • Zombrex "Prescription" notepad (25 pages)
  • Zombrex "Safety" card
  • Zombrex "Prospectus" sales brochure (16 pages)
  • Dead Rising 2 hardback artbook (48 pages)
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition $29.99/$49.99 (360 now OOS)

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon's the world's largest online retailer. I highly doubt it'd take them four hours to notice a price mistake. They just had a ton of copies of it and they wanted to dump them off.. it worked.

Do we think the PS3 version will drop below $50 before Christmas? Do you think it will at least be $50 again before Christmas? Is the fact that the 360 version is now up to $50 mean that it was, as some have suggested, a mistake and I shouldn't hold my breath on a better offer on the PS3 version, before Christmas?

[quote name='Scorch']Amazon's the world's largest online retailer. I highly doubt it'd take them four hours to notice a price mistake. They just had a ton of copies of it and they wanted to dump them off.. it worked.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the starting amount was for the 360 version, but the PS3 still have over 400 left. Wish that would at least drop to $40.

[quote name='GUNNM']Well I want to shit through usps [/QUOTE]

The government frowns upon these type of things.

[quote name='Scorch']Amazon's the world's largest online retailer. I highly doubt it'd take them four hours to notice a price mistake. They just had a ton of copies of it and they wanted to dump them off.. it worked.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the reverse be true? They're so big they didn't notice the price mistake?

[quote name='adriley313']glad i made up my mine and got 1
seems like i almost missed it
Hope the multiplayer is fun[/QUOTE]

My friend has it and multiplayer is awesome. Sharing the PP is a big boon to getting past the awkward first few levels.

[quote name='GUNNM']IF you can find a game. Good luck[/QUOTE]

this.

i was so disappointed with the struggles to find a multiplayer game.
Like 1 game for every 10 games i searched , smh

i missed on the $30 price for 360, bummer, would have been good to double dip.

im searching google and can't find whatever it is people are using to tell how many copies amazon has in stock. can you help me here?

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']im searching google and can't find whatever it is people are using to tell how many copies amazon has in stock. can you help me here?[/QUOTE]

Try putting 999 in your cart. Amazon will say, hey we don't have that many and let you know the max amount you can order.

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']im searching google and can't find whatever it is people are using to tell how many copies amazon has in stock. can you help me here?[/QUOTE]

On the shopping cart page enter 999 and it will tell you if there is less and exactly how many.

[quote name='dchrisd']Try putting 999 in your cart. Amazon will say, hey we don't have that many and let you know the max amount you can order.[/QUOTE]

So simple! Thanks!

[quote name='jazzman']AHHH, was cooking dinner for the family and I missed this.[/QUOTE]

That'll teach you to be a responsible "family man".

DAMN missed it!! I woulda been all over this deal for the 360 CE. :(

Loved the first but skipped this at launch I figured it'd drop kinda fast and I have a stack of other games begging for attention.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']I'm having buyers remorse as i cant afford this right now... If anyone wants to buy this from me shot me a PM... i have to see how much shipping will cost me though... so it will be $30 plus shipping... (xbox)[/QUOTE]

Keepit, it's rare.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']I'm having buyers remorse as i cant afford this right now... If anyone wants to buy this from me shot me a PM... i have to see how much shipping will cost me though... so it will be $30 plus shipping... (xbox)[/QUOTE]

Considering about 6-700 were sold today it's not rare :lol:

If you contact AZ though they might can stop the shipment.

Well piss, I would've jumped on this had I not been working at the time...

So I guess it's a good thing I missed out, since I've already squandered way too much of my paycheck on myself and not nearly enough on gifts.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Considering about 6-700 were sold today it's not rare :lol:

If you contact AZ though they might can stop the shipment.[/QUOTE]

they shipped it within 1 hour of me ordering... said i couldnt cancel

amazon does sales like this to keep their loyal customers loyal. there is no way that news of them taking that big of a discount off could have spread to the average shopper in time to convert anyone.

on one hand i love it because i get great deals for compulsively checking here and SD, but on the other hand i have friends who i know always pay $60 for every game they buy and i feel bad for telling them to check it out when this happens and by the time they get online its gone...

guys, i had this in my cart as i was debating on getting it or not and when i came back awhile ago to go ahead and order it the price had increased to $49.99. i emailed amazon and told a little "fib" and said i was in the checkout process when the price went up and they actually honored the $29.99 price for me. you guys might wanna try emailing them to get it for $29.99.

I might be interested in picking this off you, I live in Riverside.

Let me know if you would want to do this in person because I don't really want to pay for shipping.

Dammit, was this thread in stealth mode or something? I have been reading this forum all day and did not see this until now… when the deal is over.

Told my girlfriend a couple hours ago to get me this for christmas... thankfully she ordered it in time to get the $29.99 price. Anyways, how's the movie that comes with this CE?

[quote name='miriamleo']Dammit, was this thread in stealth mode or something? I have been reading this forum all day and did not see this until now… when the deal is over.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've seen it for a good 4-5 hours. Always in the top of the forum.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Told my girlfriend a couple hours ago to get me this for christmas... thankfully she ordered it in time to get the $29.99 price. Anyways, how's the movie that comes with this CE?[/QUOTE]
It's available on XBox Marketplace in English voices. REALLY corny. Maybe if it's in Japanese it'll be less stupid, but I could only stomach it for about two minutes tops.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Really? I've seen it for a good 4-5 hours. Always in the top of the forum.[/QUOTE]

and on the front page.. and #4 under top 10 game deals for today..

[quote name='ryosnk']Ahhh so many games I bought from the blockbuster sale that not sure if I should get.[/QUOTE]
Don't bother. The sale has been dead since 9pm EST and went OOS a little later as well.

[quote name='token2k6']wow, waited too long, but when history repeats itself, it will be the same price or lower. Anyone remember the Alan Wake LE? ;)[/QUOTE]

I do remember the Alan Wake LE, and am still annoyed at myself for letting the thread get the best of me and pulling the trigger at $40. The extra $20 I spent over the standard game would probably have been better put to use on another game.

That's why I held up on this at the "submit" page. DR2 is worth $20 to me, tops, and I don't see anything in the CE worth $10 more to me. Looks like mostly tchotchke. Only interested in the "making of" featurette, and it's probably too fluffy to be worth $10.

Not knocking this for the collector, but for the practical CAG, discipline, always!

Jesus man... I waited months for this to drop and it never did. When it went to $50 on the 360 a couple of weeks ago I bit and now I wish I hadn't :( This thing has dropped like a rock all of a sudden.

Glad I didn't pick this one up at launch. Grabbed the 360 version yesterday- $29.99 was my magic price point, especially for the CE. Now I just have to get done with finals so I can get caught up on my massive backlog thanks to Amazon...

[quote name='KrazyKarl126']Glad I didn't pick this one up at launch. Grabbed the 360 version yesterday- $29.99 was my magic price point, especially for the CE. Now I just have to get done with finals so I can get caught up on my massive backlog thanks to Amazon...[/QUOTE]
Me too. I think my backlog is as big as my "played".
Last final Friday!

&%#&^%$%^$*^$*^$^%I&%#@#()_&&R%^$#(&*(*!!!!!!!

I have had Dead Rising 2 ZE (360) in my cart since it was available on Amazon's website and I have waited and checked every single day for this moment. And for whatever reason, either I didn't check Amazon.com or I checked it too late (probably the latter since the price didn't change once I did) I missed this deal. I was so caught up with my finals that I pushed checking even Amazon's app on my iPhone aside to keep working. I feel like it's some kind of divine punishment but it's probably not.

I missed the last game on my list of games to get this year. One fucking game. X_X

I know that some of you bought this game to flip but could you PLEASE help this CAG member out? Just PM if you'd like to sell it to me. I don't have anything to trade as I don't trade in my games. I only have money.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FurryCurry']&%#&^%$%^$*^$*^$^%I&%#@#()_&&R%^$#(&*(*!!!!!!!

I have had this game in my cart since it was available on Amazon's website and I have waited and checked every single day for this moment. And for whatever reason, either I didn't check Amazon.com or I checked it too late (probably the latter since the price didn't change once I did) I missed this deal. I was so caught up with my finals that I pushed checking even Amazon's app on my iPhone aside to keep working. I feel like it's some kind of divine punishment but it's probably not.

I missed the last game on my list of games to get this year. One fucking game. X_X

I know that some of you bought this game to flip but could you PLEASE help this CAG member out? Just PM if you'd like to sell it to me. I don't have anything to trade as I don't trade in my games. I only have money.[/QUOTE]

Do you only want the special edition or is the regular one fine? I could sell you my regular one for 30 shipped, because I would just trade it to Amazon anyway.

I wanted the Zombrex Edition. Thanks for asking though. I appreciate it.

I added that detail to my original post.

Funny, Amazon has one in stock but it's back to it's $49.99 price.

bread's done
Back