360 or Wii ?

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Man.. never though of doing this haha.. but I gotta ask just in case i'm missing something.

OKay.. i have an Amex wishlist for 25% off at Toys R Us, which can be used with xbox360 to knock it down $100 then TRU has the $100 giftcard promotion when buying the 360 this week.

The kicker is that I have a dealpass gift card which will knock down 20% of the remaining... so the picture look approx like this $400 - $100 (amex) - ($85 ebayed $100 giftcard) - $60 (dealpass) discount... approximately after tax = $155-$160 for an xbox360 premium...

on another hand.. i could wait for the Wii in Jan for $250 - $65 (amex) - $50 (dealpass) = $140 approx after tax..

My biggest concern is that I HAVE backlog of xbox, cube and ps2 games.. (talking about hundred here haha (thanx CAG))

On one hand.. I really want to get the Wii (nintendo fan) but not sure if I want to wait to get another 'color' (don't ask why.. just a bit cooler i guess, it's all subjective)

on the other hand.. the only foreseeable game on the 360 that I can think of are gear of war, winning eleven, blue dragon, nba2k, rainbow 6 Vegas.... (not sure what else is 'coming' on 360.. haven't follow the news..

my dilemma is I can get the 360 at around $160 (saving of $240 retail price, although you can regularly get maybe $330-$350 somewhere through hot deal) but not sure if I'd like the game line up very much..

or go with the Wii for $100 off retail.. (but probably have no time to play it soon.. (just like the DS) and should I wait a bit there'll be more cheap games and other color come out

alright.. guy..... pls give me your take on this situation.... I gotta decide soon.. vacation is coming..... should stop saving money by spending money haha ;)

since your saving more on the 360 I say get a 360. Then by the time another color for the wii comes out it, it will probably already have had a price drop so get a wii then.

I'll second the 360. If you can snag them both @ the same time though since the 25% off is entire purchase I strongly suggest using that route.

[quote name='Magehart']I'll second the 360. If you can snag them both @ the same time though since the 25% off is entire purchase I strongly suggest using that route.[/QUOTE]

thank you for your comments.. i'll think about it long and hard.. and let's see what happen.. ;)

[quote name='racthamp']thank you for your comments.. i'll think about it long and hard.. and let's see what happen.. ;)[/QUOTE]

lol

you said 'long and hard'

Yeah, even though I like the wii better, the 360 has a better choice of games now, and later, when you get a wii, there will be better games for it.

[quote name='DT778']since your saving more on the 360 I say get a 360.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have both, but if you'd be saving more on the 360, get that.

The 360 is a better deal. I say go for it and hold out for the Wii when you have more time to dedicate to it...there are rumors of new colors and a price drop coming this spring. $160 for a 360 Premium is too good to pass up.

haha.. I kinda gave up on the idea.. but came back to see the thread now.. hmmm make me wanna pull the trigger on the 360... thanx guys. i'll see if I'll get one today...

Unless you have a ton of friends who would enjoy the Wii with you, get the 360. Then get the Wii when there are more games out for it.

bread's done
Back