360 Owners Poll - Did your 360 die or is it still working fine?

is everyone with issues having their unit verticle or horizontal? also in an entertainment system with the power supply or out in the open vented?

[quote name='clueless']is everyone with issues having their unit verticle or horizontal? also in an entertainment system with the power supply or out in the open vented?[/QUOTE]

Both of my 360s were horizontal and the power brick and 360 were VERY well vented.

i got a defective system at launch and they replaced it with another defective one. three blinking lights, games were freezing etc.

Got mine on the second shipment on the 18th. Had to send it in 4 weeks after owning it, they ended up giving me an entirely new 360. However forgot to let me keep my hard drive so now I dont have any of the saved games anymore.

So i just got my empty box like an hour ago, and i remember on the phone the guy told me to put my power supply in with the 360 when i send it out, but there's no freaking room for it at all!? anybody else have this problem?

[quote name='AshesofWake']So i just got my empty box like an hour ago, and i remember on the phone the guy told me to put my power supply in with the 360 when i send it out, but there's no freaking room for it at all!? anybody else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they told me that too.. dont do it. Mine came back fine. Also, I'd take your HDD off of it, as you will get shipped a blank one.

I think its pretty awesome that we're at 15% of us got owned... (I'm in there too!)

Also, I didnt take it, but "Broken Xbox360" was an open Xbox Live Gamertag... I almost took it, and then decided to get my current instead.

yeah i told them i had a Core(which i do) but i also bought an HD with it, so im not sending that in. if it comes back and it still doesn't work ill tell them to send a box so i can fit the power supply in it too.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Yeah, they told me that too.. dont do it. Mine came back fine. Also, I'd take your HDD off of it, as you will get shipped a blank one.[/QUOTE]

Even if they don't ask for your hard drive, it's best to send it in. For all you know, the error could involve the hard drive, and when you attach the bad drive to your new system... you'll be back at square one.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Even if they don't ask for your hard drive, it's best to send it in. For all you know, the error could involve the hard drive, and when you attach the bad drive to your new system... you'll be back at square one.[/QUOTE]

True, it all depends on how long you had it before in went belly up i guess. Cause DOA4 erased my save file and now I dont ever really play it anymore because of it. So, it depends on how pissed you'd be about losing everything.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']True, it all depends on how long you had it before in went belly up i guess. Cause DOA4 erased my save file and now I dont ever really play it anymore because of it. So, it depends on how pissed you'd be about losing everything.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda pissed that I lost my game saves, but as long as my new system works, I'm happy. Does suck that I will have to go and have to get back to where I was, though.

I have problems with my. Send it away and all was fine. I wish sony would of done this with there PS2 DRE instead of charging me $130 to fix it.

I sent it away last thursday as my games were crashing after 10 minutes or so, and received a replacement unit yesterday. I have to unlock stuff in DOA4 all over again and I also couldn't transfer my PDZ data over, but I'm happy they addressed the issue. I was most displeased because at the time it died I was on the last stage of Condemned (which I had on rental from Gamefly) and couldn't finish it at the time.

well.. my 360 died on the 24th of november last year. Sent it in on a friday, got it back on tuesday (I think either in that november or december).

I had bought a core system from game crazy and when I got my system back, they had given me a premimum system with a wireless controller. Good thing I had a memory card to back up all my shit.

So far so good! Occoasionaly freezes because of scratches, fingerprints, and etc. but it's all good.

it was mentioned before, and i too would like to know if the MS warranty is better than getting the BB one.

i was planning on picking one up tomorrow if it's in stock, otherwise as soon as it is in stock.

Correction to my previous post, my second 360 is defective so now im sending it back again.

Pink triangular lines blipp across the screen now.

Got mine about a week ago, by special ordering through the company I worked for. Works pretty good, I have it sitting on a shelf under my computer monitor and an E-mac. It has plenty of space behind it, so it hasn't overheated. It can be a bit noisy after I watch a DVD or listen to music for awhile, but I think that has something to do with one of the core's shutting down, (something some rep from Microsoft said). The only problem I've had is that I tried to play Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory online with the system, and UBI banned me (probably because the server thought I was using a modded xbox). Also, when I try to play SCCT, it doesn't load sometimes. Nothing big, overall works pretty well.

Got my 360 on launch and it crapped out on me last week. Sent it off Monday and should have it back Friday or Saturday according to the MS rep I talked to. It happened totally out of the blue. DOA4 started freezing up and then it would start freezing up during the 360 boot logo. Looked like this in DOA4

Anyone know if it's possible to buy and extended warranty from MS this long after original purchase (almost 2 months)? I'm a little nervous the replacement might not last very long either. Oddly enough Circuit City didn't even try to sell me an extended warranty at purchase. Guess they were too busy dealing with the launch chaos.

The Good 360's are rising but so are the broken ones taking a place at 16%... wheee!

Here's the thing though, too bad you can't recall you've vote if you 360 breaks.

So basically you have almost a 1 in 6 chance of being a recall winner! =(

Mine just crapped out today. I bought it on 12/21 at Target and started playing it on Christmas Day. I had never had one problem with it until this afternoon (blinking three red lights). Microsoft promised me that I should have a repaired console back within 8 business days, but it sounds like people are getting them back more quickly than that. The guy I talked to also said to make sure and give them a call if the box I get in the mail is too small (what?!). I hope I get a new console since it appears that repaired ones haven't worked out too well. It figures that this happens two days after I unload my PS2 and games for store credit at EB!

Almost 85% of owners say theirs are working great.

Guess the "widespread problems" aren't as widespread as we thought.

Typical internet, always blowing everything out of proportion.

Mines still working fine. I've played everything from Call of Duty 2 to DOA4 with not one freeze yet. Only problem is I haven't been playing it constantly. While the system might be on for hours, the actual 360 playing time with the games Isn't more then 4 hours a day, except on my days off. So It hasn't gone through extensive testing except one weekend where I played DOA4 for 12 hours straight.

I know I got the red lights of doom once when I was over a friends because the mini gamecube powercord is alittle loose and had to be *wiggled* in, and can't be stretched too far.

I also sent out my warranty to MS but still haven't been charged yet for it.

Either way I'm not too worried about it. If I have system problems that means I just have to take a week off from the 360 at the most, then I'll just be playing my DS, original XBox, PS2 or Gamecube *shrugs*.

[quote name='mmn']Almost 85% of owners say theirs are working great.

Typical internet, always blowing everything out of proportion.[/QUOTE]

Actually, several people who voted that their system worked have since had issues with their consoles.

And a 15% failure rate is still piss poor. Admittedly, this isn't a scientific study but still. Out of nearly 200 votes close to 30 have failed! That's more than 1 in 10 systems.

Sent mine back last wendsday...was told 3 - 8 days. I hadn't had problems with the games, just it frooze while fast forwarding movies, and when I tried to setup the windows media connect.

[quote name='daphatty'] Now, if only I could figure out why my Live connection is so poor when playing DOA4...[/QUOTE]

I got the same problem. The lag is awful.

[quote name='mmn']Almost 85% of owners say theirs are working great.

Typical internet, always blowing everything out of proportion.[/QUOTE]

This guy is just a serious asshole.

In one thread he's bitching about Mortal Kombat Backwards Compatibility on 360.

So let me guess... if I chose not to buy MK : D for my 360, because you had an issue, I'd be a dumbass for blowing it out of proportion? Or would I be smart for saving myself $20 bucks by listening to a fellow CAG?

Oh, by the way, Soccer Slam is on the BC list and it doesnt work either. And Kill.Switch doesnt save...You can be a dumbass and save $20-$30 bucks on those.

Is it possible to change my vote? My 360 worked perfectly since day 1 until last night. In the middle of a game of CoD2 on Live, the screen turned a solid orage color for about 4 seconds, then black. I turned the console off, waited about 20 seconds, turned it on again and nothing on screen. Just 3 flashing red lights on the "circle". Called MS and the rep told me their book classified my pattern as "hardware failure". Not encouraging but they're overnighting me a prepaid box to send my unit in (console, HD, and power brick) and I'm supposed to get a new one right away. There goes all my game saves.

MjC

I just noticed this yesterday. My old 360 got insanely hot in the back, to the point where i mildly burned my finger on it. The refurb/new one they sent seems to be much cooler than the old one. The new one has a MFR: 12-02-05 the old one was 10-02-05, not sure if it makes much difference, but im throwing that out there.

Bought my first one 12/9 at Costco with an October manufacture date... worked perfect until 12/20... flashing 3 red lights. Called MSFT and found KB article describing issue as Hardware Failure. Got small box the next day, but system started working again with no issues until 12/24. So called back and found out that I got the small box instead of the big one which can also holds the power supply. It took a bit to get the correct box, but once I did I sent it in on Friday 1/6 and got the replacement Wednesday 1/11 with no issues! I sold it to a friend and it is still working today. Had same Spanish on box as other guy said "Fuente de Poder".

I also bought a second one on 1/3 since I really wanted to be playing and hated waiting :) and it has been ROCK solid so far. No freezes or anything. It was made in December and has a different make of DVD drive I noticed. Seems to be a bit quieter than the original one.

Both systems were Platinum with everything.

As for the warranty, call 800-4-MY-Xbox and order it. Don't bother with the card. It is much faster and you know it is done.

It'd be great if we could get a listing of manufacture dates and reports from other CAGs. I'd like to see the correlation between the early builds and later builds and a vague idea of when (from the manufacture date) we can expect to see less problems.

14 persent thats alot of screwed up systems

the main problem is that it over heats if you keep it on to long. so don't leave a game on on pause and come back hours later. lucky when i did that it didn't crash. I got this tip from this months EGM

I got my replacement back on Friday. It has a 'born on date' of 11-23-05 for the guy that wanted to know. Forgot what my original one was.

Anyway, I turn it on yesterday finally to play NBA2K6 which finally got here from Gamefly. Approx. 15 seconds into the first quarter, the game just freezes. Turn it off, try again, same result. Did it about 10 times just to make sure. I was fucking furious until I tried PDZ and Kameo (games I own) and they work perfectly fine. I'm really hoping it was just a bad copy of 2K6 (although I didn't see any scratches), but if this replacement craps out on me, I am going to unleash unimaginable furies on Mircosoft.

That said one funny thing is that this console is obviously refurbished because the previous owners Gamertag & profile was still on there (it was Dark Sith btw, for the curious). Not a big deal, but the guy had bought Zuma and it was still on the hard drive. So basically, I have a full version of Zuma for free. Maybe not the greatest thing ever, but it made me happy for about 5 minutes.

Voted: Yes it has Died and I had to send it away!

OMG! I just got my 360 a week ago tomorrow and the first day I had it, after 30 mins of play it shut off. Cause my battery kept overheating. I tried everything, and it turns out it is faulty hardware, so I sent it in yesterday to Microsoft Repair Center in texas... and I am waiting for them to send me a new power brick.

fucking 360...

Nintendo Fanboy here!!!

I picked up a Core system on eBay about a week after launch. It only cost me $290.
When I first got it the system would shut down at random points. At first I thought the power brick was over heating. Then when I was moving it around trying to find a way to get the air flow to cool it better I found that when I moved the cable it would kick back on. So I opened up the brick and found that one of the wires as not soldered correctly so a drop of solder later it was up and running flawlessly. Now I knew why the guy let it go for less then retail.
Anyway after the first 2 days Its been running perfectly and I've been playing it ever since.

Well mine just died today, had it 2 days after launch with no problems at all, then today--the red lights of doom.

Have to send it back--for those that have gotten a replacement--do you loose your game save progress?

Also-- once I get the replacement back (and presuming its with a new Hard Drive) when I log back into Xbox live will my achievements still be there? Or when I play COD again and it 'sees' that I'm just starting will they reset?

[quote name='Scorch']I didn't buy a warranty, how long's the default warranty on it? I'm scared that mine's going to die.[/QUOTE]

90 days

[quote name='Scorch']I didn't buy a warranty, how long's the default warranty on it? I'm scared that mine's going to die.[/QUOTE]

90 Days, then sizzle.

Change my vote too. Mine crapped out on me after week 1, and continuously reboots. I'm getting my box from Microsoft this week.

bread's done
Back