360 Pelican fan stand/Nyko Intercooler?

blackjaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Does anyone use the Pelican fan stand or Nyko intercooler for their 360?

Im worried about the heat situation. I had a few problems with my original xbox overheating during my hours of Morrowind and would hate for that to happen again when I pick up Oblivion this weekend.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802205

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802176

Not sure if its worth the money or if they are just gimmicky peices of plastic. Any real reviews from users would be helpful!

Thanks!

I'm considering both, the Nyko intercooler works pretty well. I believe you can use both at the same time, plus you can mod both of them to increase the output of the fans.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the Pelican. There's NO reason why anyone should operate their 360 standing upright due to the COMMON disc scratching problem.

[quote name='daphatty']Personally, I wouldn't buy the Pelican. There's NO reason why anyone should operate their 360 standing upright due to the COMMON disc scratching problem.[/quote]

Huh? My 360 has been upright since the day I got it back in December and I've had no problems.

I do use the Intercooler, and highly recommend it.

I have an Intercooler as well.

$19.99 is an extremely reasonable price.

Thanks everyone for their help!

I will probably order the intercooler tonight after work/grad school.

Nobody has had a problem with the power plug or anything?

[quote name='blackjaw']Thanks everyone for their help!

I will probably order the intercooler tonight after work/grad school.

Nobody has had a problem with the power plug or anything?[/quote]
The power plug should be fine. But if you use the Wireless adapter from MS, it might be a little snug but should still fit

[quote name='daphatty']Personally, I wouldn't buy the Pelican. There's NO reason why anyone should operate their 360 standing upright due to the COMMON disc scratching problem.[/QUOTE]

Only really if you are crazy enough to move your 360 around with a disc inside WHILE it's running. If you don't move the 360 while it's on and the disc is motion you have no trouble at all. My understanding is it's basically user error, sure they couldn't padded it somehow in the design, but to be honest you shouldn't move any kind of optical device while the disc is in it, let alone while it's moving.

I've heard the complaints about it scratching it from normal use iin the vertical position, but seeing as how I've seen about 3 different systems all operating vertically for months now without doing that, including mine, I don't think it holds much water (if any) and it's not really common.

bread's done
Back