360+ps2 bundle deal worth it?

sonia1234321

CAG Veteran
Alright, so I stumbled across a craigslist ad that includes:

Hi,

I am selling my Xbox 360 and PS2. The xbox360 is new and hasn't been played much. I bought it in May 2008. its in great condition and comes with a warranty from Future Shop. 6 Months old. It comes with:
- Xbox 360 Console
- Wireless Controler
- Headset
- All the Cables
- Original box Brand New
- 2 YR Warranty Future Shop ( 1 1/2 YRS Left)
- Grand Theft Auto 4
- Splinter Cell

The PS2 is old. DVD's don't work on it. Most games work on the PS2 It is being sold AS-IS Condition
It comes with
- PS2 Console
- Controller
- All the Cables
- Internet Adapter
- 4 Memory Cards
- 5 Games
Onimusha 3
Final Fantasy X-2
Jak 2
Star Wars Battlefield
Ring of Red

If you want to buy one or the other or just 1 piece give me a price and I will let you know.

Price For everything 375$ Negotiable

-----------------------

Is it a good price? I've been looking around for a 360, and a PS2 couldn't hurt either :p

Thanks

Unless that's an Elite 360 he's selling, it's not a particularly amazing deal.

Shop around some more if you're just looking for a good deal. For almost $400, you can get a better 360 bundle and an actually working/good condition PS2 bundle off Craigslist.

[quote name='thelazyone22']Unless that's an Elite 360 he's selling, it's not a particularly amazing deal.

Shop around some more if you're just looking for a good deal. For almost $400, you can get a better 360 bundle and an actually working/good condition PS2 bundle off Craigslist.[/quote]

I live in Montreal.. So things are not so popular :(

Thanks for the advice though!

(I'll ask if it's an elite)

Ok, so I found another ad:

Up for sale previously owned Xbox 360 premium bundle with everything u need to play right away in great condition. Includes 20 gb xbox HD/Cable microsoft cables, microsoft power brick, 2 wireless white xbox 360 controllers, ethernet cable and the box, as well as the following 8 games

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
Blazing Angels-Squadrons of WW2
Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars
Dead or Alive 4
Gears of War
Guitar Hero 2
Over G Fighters
Pro Evolution Soccer 2007

Asking price 300, and will reply to all reasonable offers or trades (cell phone, laptop etc)

-------------------------------------

Which is a better deal?

[quote name='sonia1234321']I live in Montreal.. So things are not so popular :(

Thanks for the advice though!

(I'll ask if it's an elite)[/quote]

Lol.

Montreal, huh? Mmm, I imagine the selection isn't quite as good as we have it down here in the Bay Area... :bouncy:

Bottom deal is definitely better, especially if you can talk him down. Too bad the games are nothing to write home about; on the other hand, 360 games are fairly cheap.

I would definitely come in low and bargain hard. The 360 just saw another price drop, so make sure you're getting your money's worth.

[quote name='thelazyone22']Lol.

Montreal, huh? Mmm, I imagine the selection isn't quite as good as we have it down here in the Bay Area... :bouncy:

Bottom deal is definitely better, especially if you can talk him down. Too bad the games are nothing to write home about; on the other hand, 360 games are fairly cheap.

I would definitely come in low and bargain hard. The 360 just saw another price drop, so make sure you're getting your money's worth.[/quote]

How much should I ask for? I'm not very good at this haggling thing... *flashback of Sonia at the night-market*

:lol:

[quote name='sonia1234321']Well, I've bargained the bottom deal (360, 2 controllers, 8 games, etc.) to 280.

Is that better?[/quote]

It's technically better since you're saving $20, but I would have come in at $220 and gone from there.

Fact of the matter is, it's a buyer's market right now for used Xbox 360s, especially non-Elites. Combine that with an obvious OBO listing and there's definitely a bit of wiggle room.

Negotiating through Craigslist is a delicate art, but it can be fun when you "win". I really don't see anyway you can talk him down more what with the limited selection you have up there and since you seem to have agreed to $280 already, but if you feel like you're getting a good deal, go for it.

Just a word of advice buying a used 360: test it to make sure it works along with the discs and accessories, ask him how old it is, ask for a receipt, ask if it's ever RRODed or had issues.

Good luck!

[quote name='thelazyone22']It's technically better since you're saving $20, but I would have come in at $220 and gone from there.

Fact of the matter is, it's a buyer's market right now for used Xbox 360s, especially non-Elites. Combine that with an obvious OBO listing and there's definitely a bit of wiggle room.

Negotiating through Craigslist is a delicate art, but it can be fun when you "win". I really don't see anyway you can talk him down more what with the limited selection you have up there and since you seem to have agreed to $280 already, but if you feel like you're getting a good deal, go for it.

Just a word of advice buying a used 360: test it to make sure it works along with the discs and accessories, ask him how old it is, ask for a receipt, ask if it's ever RRODed or had issues.

Good luck![/quote]

Thanks for the advice, but how can I test everything before buying it?

[quote name='sonia1234321']Thanks for the advice, but how can I test everything before buying it?[/quote]

Ask him to demo it for you, I guess. Definitely do the meetup either at your place or his place (i.e. access to outlets and a TV); you want to make sure to test everything fairly thoroughly.

Just a few words of general advice: be aware of your surroundings/environment i.e. if he's clean-shaven, friendly, lives in a decent place, looks like he keeps his stuff/living area in good condition. Ask him questions (how old is it, how long have you had it, how much use has it seen, ever had any problems with it) ; if he seems shady about stuff, be careful. Bring a buddy along for support and do the deal in the middle of the day, not 2AM in the morning. Some Craigslist sellers don't seem to like it when I'm nosy about stuff/ask a lot of questions (most likely cuz they just want to get rid of it), but I try to be extremely careful since it's buying used and from a non-humongous retail store or something.

As for the 360 itself, I've never owned one, but here's what I've picked up from buddies/reading about them:

-Check for general wear and tear: did he beat it up? Is the faceplate all nicked up, the case have dents, cracks, etc.?
-Check the disc drive: is it in good condition? Does it seem loose and flimsy? The disc drive is one of the most documented "failures" on 360s alongside RROD: it gets loose, it won't go in, it won't read discs, it flat cracks or something...
-Boot the console up: check that it detects the hard drive, put a disc in and make sure it reads it: make sure it's not making any funny noises as you're booting up/playing a game. Put a hand on it and see if it's overly hot.
-Check the games: are the discs in good, non meat-grindered condition? Are the games complete w/manuals and cases?
-Check the accessories: the cables aren't worn and chewed through by pets, the wireless controllers are at least in good condition (good buttons, good joysticks, no gunk all over them).

A couple of above points are open to interpretation: maybe he has a loose game or two or the console isn't in MINT, but good condition.

To conclude my little walkthru, I'll end with this. At the end of the day, keep in mind that YOU are the buyer, YOU have the money in hand, and if things are not up to par, YOU have no obligation to fork over the money. Now, it's not going to be pretty if it happens, but I've been stood up before (face to face) and I've heard of others having people show up and flat out say "No, I don't want to buy it anymore", so it can happen (it helps if a buddy is there to accompany you out the door :bouncy:). HOWEVER, I'll also say this: despite all my/everyone's dire warnings to you regarding Craigslist deals (bring a friend, be careful of shady sellers, don't get shanked), I think it's prudent to keep one thing in mind. MOST people are nice, friendly, normal, and harmless trying to get by in this crazy world of ours and Craigslist offers them a way to sell things they might not need/use anymore. So open with a smile and a handshake, make small talk, and I find most people are very receptive to it.

So good luck and happy Craigslisting! :D

[quote name='thelazyone22']Ask him to demo it for you, I guess. Definitely do the meetup either at your place or his place (i.e. access to outlets and a TV); you want to make sure to test everything fairly thoroughly.

Just a few words of general advice: be aware of your surroundings/environment i.e. if he's clean-shaven, friendly, lives in a decent place, looks like he keeps his stuff/living area in good condition. Ask him questions (how old is it, how long have you had it, how much use has it seen, ever had any problems with it) ; if he seems shady about stuff, be careful. Bring a buddy along for support and do the deal in the middle of the day, not 2AM in the morning. Some Craigslist sellers don't seem to like it when I'm nosy about stuff/ask a lot of questions (most likely cuz they just want to get rid of it), but I try to be extremely careful since it's buying used and from a non-humongous retail store or something.

As for the 360 itself, I've never owned one, but here's what I've picked up from buddies/reading about them:

-Check for general wear and tear: did he beat it up? Is the faceplate all nicked up, the case have dents, cracks, etc.?
-Check the disc drive: is it in good condition? Does it seem loose and flimsy? The disc drive is one of the most documented "failures" on 360s alongside RROD: it gets loose, it won't go in, it won't read discs, it flat cracks or something...
-Boot the console up: check that it detects the hard drive, put a disc in and make sure it reads it: make sure it's not making any funny noises as you're booting up/playing a game. Put a hand on it and see if it's overly hot.
-Check the games: are the discs in good, non meat-grindered condition? Are the games complete w/manuals and cases?
-Check the accessories: the cables aren't worn and chewed through by pets, the wireless controllers are at least in good condition (good buttons, good joysticks, no gunk all over them).

A couple of above points are open to interpretation: maybe he has a loose game or two or the console isn't in MINT, but good condition.

To conclude my little walkthru, I'll end with this. At the end of the day, keep in mind that YOU are the buyer, YOU have the money in hand, and if things are not up to par, YOU have no obligation to fork over the money. Now, it's not going to be pretty if it happens, but I've been stood up before (face to face) and I've heard of others having people show up and flat out say "No, I don't want to buy it anymore", so it can happen (it helps if a buddy is there to accompany you out the door :bouncy:). HOWEVER, I'll also say this: despite all my/everyone's dire warnings to you regarding Craigslist deals (bring a friend, be careful of shady sellers, don't get shanked), I think it's prudent to keep one thing in mind. MOST people are nice, friendly, normal, and harmless trying to get by in this crazy world of ours and Craigslist offers them a way to sell things they might not need/use anymore. So open with a smile and a handshake, make small talk, and I find most people are very receptive to it.

So good luck and happy Craigslisting! :D[/quote]

Wow, that was really long! Thanks for all the great advice! I really appreciate it :lol:

bread's done
Back