360/PS3 Controller drivers/adaptors

Jasonofindy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This may be an unpopular question, but has anyone discovered a way to use the wired Xbox 360 controllers on the PS3 (in games without tilt-support or where tilt can be disabled?) I know the wireless won't work because the 360 wireless uses proprietary technology.

However, the wired controllers use a a plain old USB plug. I know that as of a year ago people figured out a way to modify the available windows drivers to use them on the PS3 when booted in Linux to play older games using emulators. However, at the time there was no known way to use them when playing PS3 games. Does anyone know if anyone has developed a driver that can be loaded on an SD card or some sort of physical adaptor to do so at this point?

Thanks!

PS- Please no fanboy thread crapping about why anyone would want to use the 360 controller. I don't want this to devolve into an argument about the 360's d-pad sucking, about the PS3's analog sticks sucking, or about which controllers shoulder buttons you prefer. :roll:

Thanks again

The PS3 doesn't have a way to install new drivers from the user end. Either it has to be compatible as is (like some photo printers are and some mass storage devices) or Sony has to release an update or patch that enables compatibility from their end, which they won't do. It's the same reason why only some third party Web cams work with the PS3 but most do not. People can use them on the PS3 in Linux because it's running the Linux OS. The PS3 OS is a totally different game.

The only hope in this case is if someone develops a physical adapter that translates the Xbox 360 controller into making the console think it's a PS2 or PS3 controller. But as it is, I haven't seen any physical console adapters that convert other controllers for use on a 360, or a 360 controller for use on other consoles.

[quote name='Jasonofindy']This may be an unpopular question, but has anyone discovered a way to use the wired Xbox 360 controllers on the PS3 (in games without tilt-support or where tilt can be disabled?) I know the wireless won't work because the 360 wireless uses proprietary technology.

However, the wired controllers use a a plain old USB plug. I know that as of a year ago people figured out a way to modify the available windows drivers to use them on the PS3 when booted in Linux to play older games using emulators. However, at the time there was no known way to use them when playing PS3 games. Does anyone know if anyone has developed a driver that can be loaded on an SD card or some sort of physical adaptor to do so at this point?

Thanks!

PS- Please no fanboy thread crapping about why anyone would want to use the 360 controller. I don't want this to devolve into an argument about the 360's d-pad sucking, about the PS3's analog sticks sucking, or about which controllers shoulder buttons you prefer. :roll:

Thanks again[/quote]

bread's done
Back