360 Rechargeable Batteries

nadohawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
After seeing how many batteries I have gone through in the last two months, I am thinking of getting a cheap rechargeable battery and charger. Does anyone know the reliability of the off-brand batteries? I fear that if I purchased one of those trying to cut costs, it would just break within a few weeks.

Would it be better to just buy the official battery pack? If so, where would I be able to find one new at a decent price instead of 15-20?

You'd need to buy the Play & Charge for $20 or buy the Quick Charge kit and the rechargeable battery pack. They don't make the individual packs anymore so you need to either check amazon for them or buy the Play & Charge. Really makes me mad that they stopped making those too but oh well.

You should buy something like a Duracell rechargeable battery charger and rechargeable batteries. That way you can use the charger to charge many batteries and those batteries can be used for anything. They're pretty cheap and after 360 stopped making individual packs then that is the way I went.

I'll recommend you the following which are very highly rated and come pre-charged, supposedly the Duracell batteries are the same:

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop...AEPQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1288412045&sr=8-9

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop...0REA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1288412045&sr=8-5

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop...XO/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1288412045&sr=8-14

They will work great and last long.
Good luck

[quote name='nadohawk']Thanks. I think I will get the usb charger as I use no devices with more than two AA batteries.[/QUOTE]
Yea, but the Play & Charge costs $20. You can buy the eneloop charger with 4 batteries for less than that. You can use 2 batteries in the remote while the other two wait to be used. Buy additional batteries to use in other appliances and you can charge them while your other ones wait to be used.

Play & Charge needs the XBOX to charge too, whereas you wouldn't need the play & charge cable and could just charge your batteries at any time you want.

It's up to you really, to each his own..
Enjoy

Actually any device with a usb port will work with play and charge. I charge my controllers through my cable box.

I bought a couple of the Nyko batteries last week and, other than the fact that they don't fully charge (the Play and Charge light never turns green), they have worked fine so far.

I highly reccomend the Play n' charge sets... but I hope you have more than 1 controller. I say this only becuase, between me and my fiance's systems (that's a total of 6 controllers), we've got 2 controllers with charge issues. My white controller rarely charges properly- I've done a lot of pack swapping, even bought an extra battery pack, to be sure it's the controller. (I use my blue one for charging.) My fiance has issues getting his sister's pink controller to charge- not sure if he's determined the problem to be the controller or the battery.

I'm in your boat- I don't really have devices around that use AAs, aside from game controllers, so the AA charger sets just seem a hassle in comparison to 'oops, battery's dying *plug in USB* Ok, back to game'... and unlike the PS3, you can charge while the Xbox is off (it just has to be on when you plug the USB cable in.) I like the Xbox sets for ease of use.

(I have been debating getting a enveloop AA charger for my Wiimotes, though- it's not that my Energizer charger works poorly, I just it play it so infrequently they're usually dead when I pick one up. A 3-year charge would certainly help with that!)

I have Energizer charger and batteries too. They work good but they never show a full battery when I put it in my 360 controller.

bread's done
Back