360 Splinter Cell Conviction - 1 Free Piece of DLC from Ubisoft each week

jdawgg76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Splinter Cell Conviction Getting Free, Weekly DLC

FROM IGN:

You like free things, don't you?
April 14, 2010 - Ubisoft announced Splinter Cell Conviction will be receiving free, weekly updates of downloadable content every Thursday beginning tomorrow April 15.

These updates will be available only to those who own a copy of the game. An internet connection and a Xbox 360 gamertag is required. Select "Extras" from the game's main menu. New weapons, skins and a brand new Deniable Ops map will all be available.

The first content coming this week is a new gun, the MP7A1 Machine Pistol.

I don't have the game, but figured people here would like seeing this tidbit. Wonder how long they stay free for when I inevitably get this at a CAG type of price down the road.

[quote name='Viol8tor']"We will slowly be unlocking stuff on the disc for you on a weekly basis"

:lol:[/QUOTE]

while thats true at least there not trying to bundle it and charge 5-10 bucks for it. so they get some credit i guess

I got the free DLC weapon on tuesday when the game came out. "MP7A1 Machine pistol". I hope they release more than just weapons.

does anyone know if these free DLCs expire?

should i be rushing to grab the game now to enjoy the free DLC? or can i get the game say a month or two later? i've got a substantial backlog and really dun want to part with the coinage this early.

[quote name='basis']does anyone know if these free DLCs expire?

should i be rushing to grab the game now to enjoy the free DLC? or can i get the game say a month or two later? i've got a substantial backlog and really dun want to part with the coinage this early.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know?

i have a feeling that they will expire weekly so the sooner you bought it the more dlc you have. And then will bundle and sell it for the people who got the game late

There's another free DLC you can get right now - the PP9. Just highlight the machine pistol, then press down once. Everything will be blank. You will still see "Unlock Item" - head back to Deniable Ops, etc. And you will see the pistol in your inventory.

I think that there's more than that. Keep pushing down then downloading one at a time while on the screen and you can get several guns right now. One is the SC3000 or whatever that everyone got via the text and that some people sold on ebay for $10.00 - 20.00.

bread's done
Back