360 surround sound help

hurley7715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
whatsup guys just had a quick question, i recently got a 360 and wanted to connect my 5.1 computer speakers to my 360, however im not sure how to do this... is there a specific wire i need? i have logitech z series speakers

i lost the wire that came with the set, so any ideas ? anyone know what the wire is called? does it go straight into the back of the 360 or through my hdtv? i dont have a receiver or amp

any info would be appreaciated, thanks

Well... It depends on what your TV is like. If your TV has both TOSLINK in and out, then you can hook your 360 and speakers up to the TV. However, you can also just connect your 360 directly to the speakers, but you wont get 5.1 on normal TV/other consoles.

Do you have the Z5500 set? I really like mine. I use TOSLINK on my PS2, cable box and 360 and it all sounds awesome. I even bought a TOSLINK/Component switch so they can all be hooked up at once.

Monoprice.com has the TOSLINK cable for a few bucks.

As far as I knew, TVs only had an optical out just for the TV tuner only. Monoprice also sells a 3 to 1 optical switch for pretty darned cheap. I'm buying one because I'm tired of swapping out between my 360 and my TV.

I was about to get that, but I found a component switch on amazon that had TOSLINK hookups too, so I went with that. I also has a remote. The one on monoprice has a dial, that involves getting up.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']As far as I knew, TVs only had an optical out just for the TV tuner only. Monoprice also sells a 3 to 1 optical switch for pretty darned cheap. I'm buying one because I'm tired of swapping out between my 360 and my TV.[/quote]

bread's done
Back