$37.00 off of $37.01 @ overstock using woot link

Condor_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
Saw this over on FW. Thanks to kuron.

Basically go to www.woot.com and click on the side deal link in the upper right. Anything you add to your cart that is $37 and above will get a $37 discount. Any good games on there? Didn't really get a chance to check it out.

edit: looks like this doesn't work on game stuff. It does seem to work with other electronics though like mp3 players and gps'.

So is this deal officially dead? I tried it on a few things including the nightstand and it doesn't work other than free shipping.

I tried it like 3 hours ago and it worked fine.
Ordered 30 LightScribe DVD's and 20 LightScribe CD's for $4 shipped.

Lets hope they don't cancel the order!

Where exactly is it supposed to take the discount... the checkout screen? And does it have to be ONE item above $37?

It may be dead, but if it is, the OP needs to be changes so that people's hopes and dreams aren't crushed like me. :(

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']Cancelled here as well. I will never buy anything from them again.[/quote]

Never ever?

Overstock has canceled on me before, but im not sure if I would make such rash conclusions.

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

They won't give me stuff for free! I will never shope there again!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:roll:

[quote name='bigdaddy']WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

They won't give me stuff for free! I will never shope there again!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:roll:[/QUOTE]

This.

Seriously, you were never planning on shopping there again anyway. You just wanted to exploit them for free crap. I'm sure they will really miss your business.

Frankly, it's less about getting free stuff and more about Overstock.com honoring the orders already placed. They made a mistake. They messed up. And they should honor the purchases that their customers have made despite that. I didn't place any order because I missed the chance, but I can see the value in feeling miffed here. If they canceled these orders, then what other orders in the future are they willing to cancel... even if they're in the wrong?

I'm kinda just playing devil's advocate here, but I do see why someone would be wary about Overstock if this is their first attempt at a purchase with them.

Your exploiting a flaw in their system. They canceled it. Get over it. Its not like they kicked you in the nuts, took your money and then pissed on you.

lol, like I said. I didn't exploit anything. I didn't place an order. And actually, I love Overstock. I'm trying to explain what I think is the other guy's logic.

[quote name='GuardianE']Frankly, it's less about getting free stuff and more about Overstock.com honoring the orders already placed. They made a mistake. They messed up. And they should honor the purchases that their customers have made despite that. I didn't place any order because I missed the chance, but I can see the value in feeling miffed here. If they canceled these orders, then what other orders in the future are they willing to cancel... even if they're in the wrong?[/QUOTE]

No they shouldn't.

[quote name='GuardianE']Frankly, it's less about getting free stuff and more about Overstock.com honoring the orders already placed. They made a mistake. They messed up. And they should honor the purchases that their customers have made despite that. I didn't place any order because I missed the chance, but I can see the value in feeling miffed here. If they canceled these orders, then what other orders in the future are they willing to cancel... even if they're in the wrong?

I'm kinda just playing devil's advocate here, but I do see why someone would be wary about Overstock if this is their first attempt at a purchase with them.[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying here and to an extent I agree. I would feel miffed because my hopes were raised that the order got as far as it did before being cancelled. But in the end it was a mistake and the person trying to order something knew in advance that it was an exploit so they shouldn't hold overstock responsible for "screwing" them.

[quote name='GuardianE']Frankly, it's less about getting free stuff and more about Overstock.com honoring the orders already placed. They made a mistake. They messed up. And they should honor the purchases that their customers have made despite that. I didn't place any order because I missed the chance, but I can see the value in feeling miffed here. If they canceled these orders, then what other orders in the future are they willing to cancel... even if they're in the wrong?

I'm kinda just playing devil's advocate here, but I do see why someone would be wary about Overstock if this is their first attempt at a purchase with them.[/quote]

They aren't responsible for honoring their orders, they even have a disclaimer on their website:
"Overstock.com cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors. "

[quote name='GuardianE']Oh okay. I didn't read that. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think the first thing that all new members of CAG need to be informed of is that no, stores are pretty much never required to honor price mistakes. This is a really widespread misconception.

If I got my item, cool. If not, no big deal. I just like how pissed people get for abusing a glitch or deal and not getting it.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I think the first thing that all new members of CAG need to be informed of is that no, stores are pretty much never required to honor price mistakes. This is a really widespread misconception.[/quote]

Yeah, I just figured that was standard practice for the sake of arguing a point, but now I know better.

[quote name='djbooba']If I got my item, cool. If not, no big deal. I just like how pissed people get for abusing a glitch or deal and not getting it. [/quote]

I think it was just one cag who just said he wouldn't do business there...

[quote name='miget33']Got me some headphones for $3[/QUOTE]

Well my ordered just got canceled.

fuck man im so pissed of they canceled it my order it was my fucking anniversary present damint

I cant aford to get her anything cause all my money gose up my nostral

overs1.jpg
overs2.jpg

Anybody else? I got the cancelled email and everything too.

[quote name='Mojimbo']
overs1.jpg
overs2.jpg

Anybody else? I got the cancelled email and everything too.[/quote]

WAHHHHH???????

Did they charge you??

bread's done
Back