$39 500GB WD Portable Hard Drive @ Target

For those of you who need 1 that plugs into the wall, you can try Office Depot.

YMMV.

I got a WD My Book Essential 1TB External Hard Drive USB 3.0(2.0 compatible), thanks to SD, for $24.93 + tax..

SKU# 857634

You can have them check surrounding stores. Don't mention the price as it'll probably be unstickered. Just go in and buy it. They may have to grab it from the stockroom.
You just have them look up the SKU and it pulls up for only $25? really? going to try this right away.

Couldn't pass this up at 39 bucks, that's just too cheap. That's less than 10 cents a GB

Price matched with relative ease at Best Buy

You just have them look up the SKU and it pulls up for only $25? really? going to try this right away.
As long as it's the 1 I mentioned, yes. It plugs into the wall and it's in a big green box that they may have to get from the back.

I partitioned mine in different formats:

FAT32

WBFS

NTFS

NTFS-Other(a little over 100 gigs on the side in case 1 of the other partitions get low on space)

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't pass this up at 39 bucks, that's just too cheap. That's less than 10 cents a GB

Price matched with relative ease at Best Buy
Wait, you hate Best Buy so much and want them to go out of business...but you wen there to PM instead of getting it at Target?

Im guessing Target had to be out of stock?

Wait, you hate Best Buy so much and want them to go out of business...but you wen there to PM instead of getting it at Target?

Im guessing Target had to be out of stock?
Wait a minute, you aren't that pig dude. Its usually that tool that's starts shit like this

I never said I hate Best Buy or that I want them to go out of business. Im not a child and I don't love or hate a corporation. I will complain If I feel im being swindled or fed fallacies by a business and will speak my mind on how I feel about it regardless of shills that obviously love a business enough to white knight on a public internet forum for no gain

As for my relationship with Best Buy, im not fond of their overall corporate policies but Im lucky enough to have a local Best Buy where I know and have a personal relationship with the managers and staff and I usually have a good experience with them as long as overhead corporate policies don't sully it

Im not really trying to offend anyone with my rants about certain things and you Best Buy guys really do seem to take it quite personally

really need some external storage.  I never used externals that don't require power supply.  aside from the form factor, weight, etc what's the difference between one that uses a psu?

really need some external storage. I never used externals that don't require power supply. aside from the form factor, weight, etc what's the difference between one that uses a psu?
None except for the fact it doesn't require an external power supply

A small portion of USB ports don't provide enough power and can cause problems with the drive working but that is usually rare

Wait a minute, you aren't that pig dude. Its usually that tool that's starts shit like this

I never said I hate Best Buy or that I want them to go out of business. Im not a child and I don't love or hate a corporation. I will complain If I feel im being swindled or fed fallacies by a business and will speak my mind on how I feel about it regardless of shills that obviously love a business enough to white knight on a public internet forum for no gain

As for my relationship with Best Buy, im not fond of their overall corporate policies but Im lucky enough to have a local Best Buy where I know and have a personal relationship with the managers and staff and I usually have a good experience with them as long as overhead corporate policies don't sully it

Im not really trying to offend anyone with my rants about certain things and you Best Buy guys really do seem to take it quite personally
I find having a relationship with the store reps the biggest shopping advantage one that I`ve never could see getting at any other retailer outside of gamestop. But even GS I have alot of luck with them since I delivery to their stores & conversate with them.

You make some good points not sure if you post your feedback on the forums/ideax pages but that`s where it really matters & change can come. I don`t ever see people post about target/walmart/sears/frys...to goto their respective sites for assistance with issues and that`s too bad. BB has flaws tons of them in fact but from my interactions with the reps at least they genuinely seem to care & or more than 1 occasion I`ve had them fast track cag issues to resolution just off 1 pm. That`s good cs to me.

I find having a relationship with the store reps the biggest shopping advantage one that I`ve never could see getting at any other retailer outside of gamestop. But even GS I have alot of luck with them since I delivery to their stores & conversate with them.

You make some good points not sure if you post your feedback on the forums/ideax pages but that`s where it really matters & change can come. I don`t ever see people post about target/walmart/sears/frys...to goto their respective sites for assistance with issues and that`s too bad. BB has flaws tons of them in fact but from my interactions with the reps at least they genuinely seem to care & or more than 1 occasion I`ve had them fast track cag issues to resolution just off 1 pm. That`s good cs to me.
Totally agree

My shopping experience at my local Best Buy is stellar and I love it and only the corporate structure gets in the way of that. For many years I was a Circuit City shopper and took most of my business to them because back in the day Best Buy had a very demeaning and poor attitude toward customers and it still persists in some of the older stores to some degree. Luckily for me right around the time the Circuit Shitty was going out of business they opened one of those smaller footprint BBs that are in Walmart plazas near my house and since then I have made all my purchases through them and try to funnel business their way. I still have a lingering fear that Best Buy will return to their sad cruel ways of yore and by their track record recently they seem to be taking away reasons to give them my business instead of encouraging me to do so

I do appreciate the open attitude and willingness to help that the BB unboxed forums provide but I have my doubts on how far that reaches up the chain. Even so I have voted up every topic of yours there and support other good ideas that others have posted. I would try to apply my hand at it myself but im more of a mumbling complainer than a crusader. The Best Buy forum mods are really cool guys and provide a way to somewhat control your shopping experience and they have helped me with many aspects of the Reward Zone and getting me my points and GZ coupons

Lord Hamm, we all need a nemesis to make life interesting.
lol that's true

Reminds me of that unibrow baby in the Simpsons

ZOQmk9F.jpg

Did a little research. This drive has issues with it's cable. It will constantly connect/disconnect. You will want to get a replacement cable for it somehow. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318073-39-500gb-wd-portable-hard-drive-target/?p=10962767

I'd recommend getting a Y cable, the one moothemagiccow mentioned or one of the other one's listed next to it's description. Issue may be it's not getting enough power with 1 usb, even on PCs.

Just got the last lime one where I went for $22.xx asc. Thanks OP :)
How did you get it that cheap?

Did a little research. This drive has issues with it's cable. It will constantly connect/disconnect. You will want to get a replacement cable for it somehow. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318073-39-500gb-wd-portable-hard-drive-target/?p=10962767

I'd recommend getting a Y cable, the one moothemagiccow mentioned or one of the other one's listed next to it's description. Issue may be it's not getting enough power with 1 usb, even on PCs.

How did you get it that cheap?
Thanks for the tip.

Store credit. I said asc (after store credit), so no one would mistake it to mean ac (after coupon).

bread's done
Back