$399 40GB PS3 + Controller + 5 Blu-Ray's + $100 Credit w/Credit App. @ SonyStyle

DaIllOne

CAG Veteran
Ok here is the deal, this will be for the upcoming $399 PS3 (hitting shelves 11/02/07), and the deal only applies if you buy at the Sony Style Stores or Sony Style Website. The new $399 PS3 will come with the Free Spiderman3 BR movie, in addition to the 5 Free by mail BR movies, plus you can rack up enough Sony Style Card points to get another BR movie or two.
To take advantage of this offer, you will need to apply for the Sony Style store card which will qualify you for the $100 instant Discount and 12 months No Interest on all purchases $299 and up.

Direct Promo Link:

Additional Details:

Sony Card Benefits:
12 months no interest on purchases of $299 or more at SonyStyle2
Full Platinum Visa® benefits
5 Sony Rewards Points per $1 spent at SonyStyle.com, and Sony Style® stores3 (that equals 2000 rewards points = plenty for an additional Free BD movie or two)
Exclusive members-only deals on Sony products
Get a $100 card credit after your first qualifying purchase of $299 or more
Don't settle for an ordinary credit card. Enjoy more points, more savings, more prizes and more fun with Sony Card. Get instant approval and a $100 card credit after your first qualifying Sony Card purchase of $299 or more!

Find more online using the links provided above or visiting your local Sony Style Store (New Accounts Only)

If the 40GB model had PS2 backwards-compatibility, I'd seriously think about jumping on this. But since Sony pulled that BS move to cut costs in the lower end model, I'll pass. I hope this comes back to burn them when lots of people shopping for Xmas presents ask, "Will this play my kids PS2 games?".

There just aren't many PS3 games of interest that aren't on the 360.

Actually, when I think about it, if this credit works at any store maybe I'll use it to buy a Wii and a game for over $299. Gotta love Sony!

One of my buddies is interested in getting a PS3 this way, but he has no credit history. I wasn't sure when he asked me about it, but will he get accepted for a Sony card? Seems like an attractive deal.

[quote name='Guy Legend']One of my buddies is interested in getting a PS3 this way, but he has no credit history. I wasn't sure when he asked me about it, but will he get accepted for a Sony card? Seems like an attractive deal.[/quote]

The new model also has less a chance of having the disc read error problem.
A 300 dollar blue ray player that has games like fight night round 3, gta 4, and mgs4 is very attractive right now. Fuc a wii 64, share a rom....yay:drool:

SonyStyle.com is out of PS3s right now, though, so it puts a damper on this.

Also, I e-mailed tech suppport and the card won't get the discount by shopping at other stores. So, you can't go to Amazon, get a PS3 and get the discount.

DAMN why don't they sell 360's? j/k

Anyway the purchase must be made at a SonyStyle store, and must be w/in the first 45 days.

Owning a credit card doesn't hurt your credit unless you have a lot of unsecured credit available to you.

It also seems like if you don't pay off the purchase in the first year, or if you do anything wrong, they'll charge you 32% interest from day 1. There's a lot of shady things they could do to screw up your account (and your credit). For example a high first month min payment (hoping you can't pay sending the account into default), or low min payments (hoping you'll just pay the min, and forget to pay it off w/in a year).

If you're responsible and have the cash to pay it off it's a good deal, but most of you aren't (especially you younger CAGS, no offense). You'll buy the ps3 put off paying for it, add some games on the account since you won't pay interest, maybe a few trips to the gas station and viola, before you know it you're now into 3k worth a debt. You're account goes into default cause you can't pay off that much debt immediately and you spend the next 5 years working your ass off to pay it off.

Free shipping from sonystyle.com if you order between Tuesday and Thursday, I believe.

I used this deal when the 60gig dropped to $500 and they gave $150. I got 5000 rewards points which was enough for a free sixaxis (I think that was an August or September promo).

I get a kick out of people who are willing to waste their time on sites like gaminglagoon or prizerebel, but are afraid to apply for a new credit card.

[quote name='Beaudry']Free shipping from sonystyle.com if you order between Tuesday and Thursday, I believe.

I used this deal when the 60gig dropped to $500 and they gave $150. I got 5000 rewards points which was enough for a free sixaxis (I think that was an August or September promo).

I get a kick out of people who are willing to waste their time on sites like gaminglagoon or prizerebel, but are afraid to apply for a new credit card.[/quote]

Because some of us are responsible enough to not unneccessarily charge up more debt.

Decided to jump on it, wanted one just to play movies on family tv.

total-433 w/ tax and s/h

Spidey3 comes with it. Get 5 free thru www.bluraysavings.com, and yes
there is enough points to order two, and now they have a deal buy two get one free going on.

Overall, not a bad deal at all, thanks guys.

[quote name='sp00ge']Because some of us are responsible enough to not unneccessarily charge up more debt.[/quote]

You simply pay off the card as soon as they give you the $150 rebate. Zero interest rate for 12 months, so it isn't costing you any interest. Some of us are responsible enough to pay off our debt.

I can't believe that people willing to go to a prize rebel or gaminglagoon are even able to get credit cards.

Does anyone know if you can apply for this card in a SonyStyle store, make a purchase of a PS3 and get the $100 credit. For me that would be prefered since the SonyStyle store is only 30 minutes away. I get the PS3 right away and save $100 and can pay for it with little pain over the next 12 months ($300 + tax) / 12.

[quote name='slay65']Does anyone know if you can apply for this card in a SonyStyle store, make a purchase of a PS3 and get the $100 credit. For me that would be prefered since the SonyStyle store is only 30 minutes away. I get the PS3 right away and save $100 and can pay for it with little pain over the next 12 months ($300 + tax) / 12.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure it works in store as well. Call over there and ask to know for sure.

[quote name='Beaudry']You simply pay off the card as soon as they give you the $150 rebate. Zero interest rate for 12 months, so it isn't costing you any interest. Some of us are responsible enough to pay off our debt.

I can't believe that people willing to go to a prize rebel or gaminglagoon are even able to get credit cards.[/quote]

Simply applying for a credit card puts a temporary hit on your report. While it's not bad, it surely doesn't help when you plan on buying a house in the coming months, as I am.

And what is your beef with PR and GL? You seem like you have some correlation with those sites and the users having horrid credit. More like people who have some free time and want to spend it 'constructively'.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']I'm pretty sure it works in store as well. Call over there and ask to know for sure.[/quote]

So I called them and they said it was online offer only. If anyone has had a different experience please let me know.

does anybody know if a $300 gift card purchase qualify for the promotion. there is nothing i want right now and i only have until the end of the month to get my credit otherwise it will expire.

Just got my card today and plan on getting the 40 gig when free shipping is back. 8-12 weeks for the 100 dollar credit though

Totally legit. I got $150 for signing up for their card. Got a psp for free with that!!!! SWEEEEEETT!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :applause: :bouncy: :lol: :applause:

Says you only get 5 points for every dollar spent at sonystyle.com until sept 30th 2007 so I guess you don't get 7 bluerays? Any e coupons for my future purchase?

[quote name='Mr. Roper']Says you only get 5 points for every dollar spent at sonystyle.com until sept 30th 2007 so I guess you don't get 7 bluerays? Any e coupons for my future purchase?[/quote]

That sucks. I was just about to jump on this.

I'm confused. Does this deal work for any place? Like, I order a 40GB PS3 from Amazon will I still get the $100 credit card? Also, does sony style site charge tax?

You have to purchase 300 dollars worth of stuff from sonystyle.com or a sonystyle store to get the 100 credit. I think I am going to pass.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']Says you only get 5 points for every dollar spent at sonystyle.com until sept 30th 2007 so I guess you don't get 7 bluerays? Any e coupons for my future purchase?[/QUOTE]

that line proceeds the following line.

"Beginning October 1, 2007 you will earn 5 points for each $1.00 of net purchases made with your Sony Card at SonyStyle.com and Sony Style stores. Points are earned on Sony Card purchases only."

You'd think sony could hire some person to update the promotion info a lot better.

Very tempting...but I'll wait till it hits the $200. Only thing I would play would be Ratchet & Clank...then wait for Infamous and God Of War 3.

[quote name='slay65']So I called them and they said it was online offer only. If anyone has had a different experience please let me know.[/QUOTE]

I used this to pick up a Sony reader and was able to do this:

Apply for the card online. You'll get a Congrats your accepred page that has your account number which you print out. Take that page and you ID to the Sony Style store and they can use that for your purchase and the offer is still good.

You can only do this once until you get the card.

This way you don't have to pay shipping (if they are charging for shipping now) and you don't have to wait for it.

I would call your store, but this worked for me with no problems in the Kenwood, Ohio location. It was their manager that told me about this method.

wolfhunt, Thanks!

I will give this a try later this week. I applied for a card last night and just happened to print out that "congrats" page.

[quote name='binbuy']Opening a credit card isn't bad for your credit unless you already have shitty credit.[/QUOTE]

lol, ignorance FTL.

So does anyone know how much Shipping is at SonyStyle and do they charge tax online?

Edit:

Ok so I just signed up. I got approved with a $3000 card limit.

They say my card will ship in 1-2 weeks.

Now they gave me my 12 digit CC # and 3 digit CC code.

Can I use the card now(to buy a PS3) or do I have to wait for the real card?

[quote name='Makaveli_The_Don']

Can I use the card now(to buy a PS3) or do I have to wait for the real card?[/QUOTE]

You can use it now.

Here's a tip, though. In previous weeks they've offered free shipping Tues-Thurs. Obviously there's no guarantee they'll do it again, but it might be worth a shot.

[quote name='Makaveli_The_Don']So does anyone know how much Shipping is . . . [/quote]
they estimated $15 shipping in my cart . . .

Got approved, and now it won't let me checkout, I called the credit card company, and they said everything is allright.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on this deal. One thing though - it does not appear the Sony store is offering the 5 free blu-ray movies. Is this correct? According to what I saw, if you buy 2 out of a certain group they would send you a 3rd free.

pre-ordered mine on thursday and shipping status says i'll be getting it wednesday. can't wait to play me some resistance.

[quote name='Tonner Cyn']I am very close to pulling the trigger on this deal. One thing though - it does not appear the Sony store is offering the 5 free blu-ray movies. Is this correct? According to what I saw, if you buy 2 out of a certain group they would send you a 3rd free.[/quote]

Go to this site : blueraysavings.com and print out the coupon.

[quote name='Thunderscope']I couldnt resist any longer, I am now a PS3 owner and a very spoiled gamer...[/quote]

Me too, 360, Wii, and now a PS3 !

Thanks for the link for the 5 free movies. The "buy 2 get 1 free" deal they have right now isn't too appealing.

One more question: I apoplied for the card and was approved, but it would not let me complete the purchase. Does it take a little while for the credit card to become active?

[quote name='Tonner Cyn']Thanks for the link for the 5 free movies. The "buy 2 get 1 free" deal they have right now isn't too appealing.

One more question: I apoplied for the card and was approved, but it would not let me complete the purchase. Does it take a little while for the credit card to become active?[/quote]

It was the exp. date on the new card that held up mine, I had to figure it out on my own, I used 11/2010 if I remember, and dont forget to use the 3 digit security code. Hope this helps

Oh a side note, you are really only saving $70, because Amazon has it for $399 with no tax (for most states) with free shipping, still a good deal though.

[quote name='fshaia']It was the exp. date on the new card that held up mine, I had to figure it out on my own, I used 11/2010 if I remember, and dont forget to use the 3 digit security code. Hope this helps

Oh a side note, you are really only saving $70, because Amazon has it for $399 with no tax (for most states) with free shipping, still a good deal though.[/quote]

Along with the CC # and Security Code #, they also gave the Exp. Date. And just in case you missed it or forgot to write it down, everyone who signed up in Nov should have the same one - 11/10(2010) and if you sign up next month it will be 12/10.

Also you are only saving $70 but you do also get the Bonus Points, which right off you could get a Blu-Ray DVD or if you save an extra PS3 controller or game.

[quote name='Makaveli_The_Don']Along with the CC # and Security Code #, they also gave the Exp. Date. And just in case you missed it or forgot to write it down, everyone who signed up in Nov should have the same one - 11/10(2010) and if you sign up next month it will be 12/10.

Also you are only saving $70 but you do also get the Bonus Points, which right off you could get a Blu-Ray DVD or if you save an extra PS3 controller or game.[/quote]

I quess all the info to redeem is on the sony style site ? I don't know much about the points, Thank you

Got my 40GB tonight, this is my 2nd one. Everything hooked up great, all hookups in the back are same as 60G. updated to 2.0, DL Uncharted demo, and played a little RNC. Love this system. Also, plays PS1 perfect, but it does not play PS2 (which some know), but there are save slots for PS2 so my bet it eventually we will see an emulator like the 360.

bread's done
Back