3D Dot Game Heroes $29.99 + $10 credit @ Amazon (Matched Gamestop) now DEAD

mission42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I have been watching this lately wanting to order it and it had been sitting at $36.99 on Amazon. Today they must have decided to finally match Gamestop and the $29.99 deal with a $10 credit for a future video game purchase. I was able to use my $20 credit from Super Mario Galaxy 2 and get it for $9.99 plus a $10 credit too! Glad Amazon finally matched this. :applause:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0J45C/

After searching I see this is posted in the Amazon GC Deal topic but I thought it deserved it's own, if you think I'm wrong, well too bad, better it's posted multiple times so people can see it than buried inside another topic someone might not see. :booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm still waiting for this sucker to be 19.99 or lower before I bite.

Don't forget the 200 point bonus on goozex, currently w/ instant match ... and you can just have amazon ship it to the buyer! That's what I did ....

Oh and a heads up to all the people who wanted the game on release date and ordered it from Amazon. I talked with CS today and they said the $10 gaming credit should show up on your account even if you ordered it back then.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Don't forget the 200 point bonus on goozex, currently w/ instant match ... and you can just have amazon ship it to the buyer! That's what I did ....[/QUOTE]

fuckin' brilliant! Thanks for the genius idea.

[quote name='verstat']Oh and a heads up to all the people who wanted the game on release date and ordered it from Amazon. I talked with CS today and they said the $10 gaming credit should show up on your account even if you ordered it back then.[/QUOTE]
Any confirmation on that? Do they tell you or is it suppose to show up unannounced?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']damnit... Why did I get this at launch only to see a better deal now... And I have maybe played an hour or so -_-[/QUOTE]

At least you aren't an asshole :)

I am not very familiar with Amazon game credit and I was wondering if I ordered this and ANOTHER game that is offering $10 credit at the same time (same shopping cart), would I get 2 separate $10 codes or would they just ship both games and only give me 1 code?

Thank you.

[quote name='david12795']should've waited on amazon...

unlike gamestop, are amazon coupons stackable?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are

[quote name='verstat']Oh and a heads up to all the people who wanted the game on release date and ordered it from Amazon. I talked with CS today and they said the $10 gaming credit should show up on your account even if you ordered it back then.[/QUOTE]

Can you cut and paste the response you got from Amazon's CS if it was an email, along with what you asked them? I've never heard of Amazon doing this, and I can only imagine what type of canned "go fuck yourself" response Amazon will give me if I ask.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Don't forget the 200 point bonus on goozex, currently w/ instant match ... and you can just have amazon ship it to the buyer! That's what I did ....[/QUOTE]

I would so be in on this if I didn't already have 7000+ Goozex points. Good idea, though.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Yes they are[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dkl415']Yeppers.[/QUOTE]

wow

f gamestop

i "lost" my credit from SMG2 because my $20 didn't work on 3d dot heroes so they said they would credit me 20 dollars to my bank account but they didnt. so i called them today and they said they cant do that because they didnt make note (their fault). So im gonna go ahead and return 3d dot heroes. I dont know whats gonna happen to the $10 coupon credit though.

[quote name='animalspinners']Can you cut and paste the response you got from Amazon's CS if it was an email, along with what you asked them? I've never heard of Amazon doing this, and I can only imagine what type of canned "go fuck yourself" response Amazon will give me if I ask.[/QUOTE]
They wont say that. They just will say your not eligible if they say no. I asked them recently about the 30 dollar credit they added to the black wii bundle, 2 weeks after I got it, and they refunded me 30 dollars on the order instead. Cant hurt to ask about this though, which i what im doing.

Hmmm, have to wait to see how much NeiR (360) will be in the next 2 hours, but I think i might just bite on this. thanks OP.

[quote name='animalspinners']Can you cut and paste the response you got from Amazon's CS if it was an email, along with what you asked them? I've never heard of Amazon doing this, and I can only imagine what type of canned "go fuck yourself" response Amazon will give me if I ask.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess the rep I talked to first off was new or drunk or something because I didn't have the credit and a different rep confirmed this for me about an hour later. That rep felt bad for me and gave me a $5 credit. Oh well, I knew it sounded too good to be true.

[quote name='verstat']Yeah, I guess the rep I talked to first off was new or drunk or something because I didn't have the credit and a different rep confirmed this for me about an hour later. That rep felt bad for me and gave me a $5 credit. Oh well, I knew it sounded too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

Bummer.

Thanks for following up, though.

I noticed that Amazon included a $10 GC a few days ago, but didn't fully PM GS on the price...bu tI knew they would at some point!

Snagged it for $19.99 w/FSSS using a $10 GC. Now...what to get with the $10 GC this comes with?

Thanks OP! :)

I was hoping for this. There was too much confusion with the Gamestop deal, too many restrictions on the credit.

Unfortunately I've already spent WAAAAY too much of the paycheck I just got. I hope this holds out for 2 weeks, but I doubt it.

[quote name='ryushe']Hmmm, have to wait to see how much NeiR (360) will be in the next 2 hours, but I think i might just bite on this. thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

I am going to go out on a limb here and say 40.99

Oh I hate this, I see a PS3 game for a good price and then I want to buy it and I know if I buy it I'll go to play it and then realize the console that I want to play it on has the worst controller ever and the worst interface ever and I'll never touch it.
Man I hate this, don't know if I'm going to bite or not, I keep on buying PS3 games and then never opening them because I don't want to play them on the console.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh I hate this, I see a PS3 game for a good price and then I want to buy it and I know if I buy it I'll go to play it and then realize the console that I want to play it on has the worst controller ever and the worst interface ever and I'll never touch it.
Man I hate this, don't know if I'm going to bite or not, I keep on buying PS3 games and then never opening them because I don't want to play them on the console.[/QUOTE]

right

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh I hate this, I see a PS3 game for a good price and then I want to buy it and I know if I buy it I'll go to play it and then realize the console that I want to play it on has the worst controller ever and the worst interface ever and I'll never touch it.
Man I hate this, don't know if I'm going to bite or not, I keep on buying PS3 games and then never opening them because I don't want to play them on the console.[/QUOTE]

The N64 controller would like to have a word with you...

Also, how does the interface effect your game?

These seem like odd complaints to have about a system. Why not just sell it and be done?

Bought. I always wait on Amazon instead of buying from GS.

Derp derp. Doubt you even own one but nice troll.

Done and done. I was waiting for Amazon to price match this. Got it for free with my SMG2 and Demon's Souls credits. I'll use this $10 once Peace Walker goes on sale :)

Thanks OP!

Ha, after seeing this thread, I decided to fire off an e-mail to Amazon as I preordered 3d Dot Game Heroes and have heard of people getting refunds in situations like this. I sent the following e-mail:

I pre-ordered 3d Dot Game Heroes for PS3 back in February from Amazon, and it shipped out in May. I have not yet opened the game, and now notice that the exact game is now 10.00 cheaper, and also comes with a 10.00 video game credit on a future order. Could my order be price-adjusted to reflect the new price (or at least the 10.00 promotional credit) or do I actually have to go through the process of returning my unopened copy to Amazon and then ordering another? I am now questioning pre-ordering more games on Amazon, as it seems that you can get a much better price if you wait until after a game comes out.

Thanks in advance,

Just then, I received the following e-mail:
Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the 3D Dot Game Heroes you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on May 10 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

However, I've made an exception to our standard policy to honor the $10.00 promotional offer, and I've requested a refund of $10.00 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you another e-mail when the refund is complete.

SCORE! I'm not sure if they meant they were giving me the 10.00 credit AND refunding 10.00 to my card, or if the 10.00 promotion would be refunded to my card. What do youse guys think?

[quote name='ZForce915']The N64 controller would like to have a word with you...

Also, how does the interface effect your game?

These seem like odd complaints to have about a system. Why not just sell it and be done?[/QUOTE]
Yeah but the N64's mistake was done once, Sony keeps on compounding it's mistake generation over generation.
The reason I have it is because it's my BluRay player and Podcast player, past that I just don't play games on it. This is the kind of deal I'd jump on thinking "oh sure I'll play that" and it never happens, just like when I got MGS4 for 16 or Killzone 2 for 18, they're still sealed. Heck out of the 20 games I have for the console 13 of them are still sealed.

Just hate the interface

[quote name='lassiterb']Ha, after seeing this thread, I decided to fire off an e-mail to Amazon as I preordered 3d Dot Game Heroes and have heard of people getting refunds in situations like this. I sent the following e-mail:

I pre-ordered 3d Dot Game Heroes for PS3 back in February from Amazon, and it shipped out in May. I have not yet opened the game, and now notice that the exact game is now 10.00 cheaper, and also comes with a 10.00 video game credit on a future order. Could my order be price-adjusted to reflect the new price (or at least the 10.00 promotional credit) or do I actually have to go through the process of returning my unopened copy to Amazon and then ordering another? I am now questioning pre-ordering more games on Amazon, as it seems that you can get a much better price if you wait until after a game comes out.

Thanks in advance,

Just then, I received the following e-mail:
Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the 3D Dot Game Heroes you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on May 10 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

However, I've made an exception to our standard policy to honor the $10.00 promotional offer, and I've requested a refund of $10.00 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you another e-mail when the refund is complete.

SCORE! I'm not sure if they meant they were giving me the 10.00 credit AND refunding 10.00 to my card, or if the 10.00 promotion would be refunded to my card. What do youse guys think?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you get both the $10 refund and a $10 promotion credit. Enjoy!

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Just hate the interface[/QUOTE]I personally don't have a problem with the controller (I still prefer the 360 pad at the end of the day) but yeah, you're right. The interface on the PS3 is abysmal.

bread's done
Back