3D graphics on both Screens???

Sk

CAGiversary!
Are 3D graphics on both screens possible? Are there or will their be any games coming out that can render 3D graphics for both screens?

It seems like a cool idea to interact with a 3D environment through touch.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Yes, both screens can support either 2D or 3D at any time.[/QUOTE]
I'm talking about 3D graphics on both screens at once. Every thing on the market seems to have 2d on one screen and 3d on the other.

Pac n Roll does and the cutscenes on the Metroid demo do also. Can't think of anything else right now though, but its possible.

Ever since the DS was announced, Nintendo said that it was made to have 3-d graphics on only on screen at a time (it didn't matter which screen).

[quote name='basketkase543']Ever since the DS was announced, Nintendo said that it was made to have 3-d graphics on only on screen at a time (it didn't matter which screen).[/QUOTE]
Not true. Either screen can be in either mode at any time. Both can have 2D, or one can be 2D with the other in 3D, or both can be running in 3D.

I'm talking about 3D graphics on both screens at once. Every thing on the market seems to have 2d on one screen and 3d on the other.
See above. There's nothing technological keeping them from doing 3D on both screens. It's the developers choice.

Look at some of the mini-games in Mario 64 DS. Some of those have 3D on both screens. So does Goemon.

Here's the picture proof of 3D on both screens. It's the Mario 64 DS minigame I mentioned:
mario64dsminigame1ke.jpg

Technically, the DS can only render 3D to one screen at a time. However, it can alternate rendering frames to one screen or the other. Essentially, if the 3D engine can run at 60 frames, they can split that rendering power between the two screens and have each run 3D at 30fps by having the other screen "hold" its image while the other is being rendered. It's not effecient, but it works.

bread's done
Back