3DS Ambassador games available now!

For anyone wondering, here's the final tally (including the 5 that were previously unannounced):

Super Mario Bros.
Metroid
The Legend of Zelda
Wrecking Crew
NES Open Tournament Golf
Donkey Kong Jr.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Yoshi

And then at the bottom is some sort of Ambassador Certificate. Interesting.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']cool, I'll be all over this when I get out of work later today.[/QUOTE]

I'll be all over this when I get into work in a few minutes :cool:

[quote name='SporkWielder']For anyone wondering, here's the final tally (including the 5 that were previously unannounced):

Super Mario Bros.
Metroid
The Legend of Zelda
Wrecking Crew
NES Open Tournament Golf
Donkey Kong Jr.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Yoshi

And then at the bottom is some sort of Ambassador Certificate. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. 2 Zeldas, a Metroid and DKJr makes this great for me.

Good find, it'll help alleviate any possible server clogs tomorrow when they actually release. Thanks OP =D

As for the games themselves, seems like a nice starting block to me.

glad I charged my 3DS on Sunday for no real reason..other than it has been dead for 2 months..

these are some great classics that I'm sure will be great for 5 minutes ;)

[quote name='pholly']3 great games and a bunch of crap, that's worth $80....[/QUOTE]

1. theres some good games in there
2. we'll be getting 10 GBA games too sherlock
3. Nintendo didn't HAVE to give anything...

[quote name='pholly']3 great games and a bunch of crap, that's worth $80....[/QUOTE]

should be worth about $40 since we get 10 GBA games too.

In before the "not a deal" trolls start flaming here....and thanks for the heads up! Downloading one at a time now...

Edit (Which it isn't): Too late, they started.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Shipping kills it[/QUOTE]

This.

:lol:

Also thanks OP! Just finished downloading all of them. Can't wait to see what the GBA games will be. :bouncy:

Darn, you beat me to it. I just had to download them first before coming here.

And in case someone is wondering just HOW to download these, and I'm positive someone is:

1. Go to the eShop.
2. Select "Settings/Other".
3. Select "Your Downloads".
4. Select "Redownload" on a title.
5. Select "Download".
7. Select "Continue".
8. Repeat Steps 2 - 7 10 more times (the 10th time for the Ambassador Certificate).

Those are hardly crap. I used to love ballon fight back in the day. I sure it is single player only though.

$249.99 for 10 games?? That's like $25 per game!! And, will only be $12.50 per game once the 10 gba games are released!! Not band.

I believe these trolls are not old-schoolers who never played a Colecovision to a SNES.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Also, waiting for the negative posts to come, with self-entitled nonsense.[/QUOTE]

It already started. People like them make this community, which was awesome back in the day, go downhill.

Thanks OP. I will download once I get home. I loved ice climber as a kid, great 2 player game. Also, waiting for the negative posts to come, with self-entitled nonsense.

EDIT:

LOL, like this guy!
[quote name='thegreek']$249.99 for 10 games?? That's like $25 per game!! And, will only be $12.50 per game once the 10 gba games are released!! Not band.[/QUOTE]

The comment is nonsensical.

[quote name='vlv723']In before the "not a deal" trolls start flaming here....and thanks for the heads up! Downloading one at a time now...

Edit (Which it isn't): Too late, they started.[/QUOTE]

The Daddy Troll isn't here yet though.

[quote name='skubish']Those are hardly crap. I used to love ballon fight back in the day. I sure it is single player only though.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo made it sound like these NES would be released to the general public eventually with upgraded features, which includes the possibility of multiplayer. Ambassadors get to download the upgraded versions for free too. I can't remember where I read this at...

@InFlames: It's a linked story on the same OP page via destructoid, or possibly elsewhere that you read it. Features like battery saving, simultaneous multiplayer, etc.

Looking forward to playing these in a lan party with the one friend I have that has a 3ds and the ambassador program too! =D Nintendo'll prolly release these at once a week just to stretch them out til winter, but that's okay as long as we get the finished versions eventually.

Thanks for the heads up OP, I will make sure to download these today. Unfortunately I am way too late into this thread to post before the mandatory douchebag posts.

I seriously don't get all these people who seem to make it their life mission to whine and complain about threads when it isn't going to accomplish a damn thing. Until you trolls become moderators and can actually do something about it, you're just pissing into the wind.

Once again, thanks for the heads up OP.

Haven't powered on my 3DS in a while but these titles sure gave me a good reason to. Being an older gamer sort of sucks because, although these games provide a good amount of nostalgia, they can't really hold my attention for too long because I played the hell out of them back in the day. Also the screens, which only use a fraction of the 3DS's top screen, are a bit small for my aging eyes.

Still, better than nothing though. Bring on the GBA titles!

I was going to search out the old 3DS thread and post it there, but was very rushed at the time. Sorry to anyone who is annoyed by the new thread.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Darn, you beat me to it. I just had to download them first before coming here.

And in case someone is wondering just HOW to download these, and I'm positive someone is:

1. Go to the eShop.
2. Select "Settings/Other".
3. Select "Your Downloads".
4. Select "Redownload" on a title.
5. Select "Download".
7. Select "Continue".
8. Repeat Steps 2 - 7 10 more times (the 10th time for the Ambassador Certificate).[/QUOTE]

I one of those types ty :)

[quote name='vlv723']I believe these trolls are not old-schoolers who never played a Colecovision to a SNES.[/QUOTE]
Or we can simply enjoy those games the way they were meant to be played, on our old-school systems. Maybe we don't enjoy playing our games in teeny-weeny, eyestrain-o-vision. Try again?

I hope they include an option to re-assign the NES' B and A buttons on the 3DS, because that slanted B-A set-up they have makes it awkward to do a run-jump on mario games. I encountered this problem on the Super Mario World GB I bought from the VC. Is there anyone else having this same problem or is it just me?

[quote name='Jodou']Or we can simply enjoy those games the way they were meant to be played, on our old-school systems. Maybe we don't enjoy playing our games in teeny-weeny, eyestrain-o-vision. Try again?[/QUOTE]

Good for you I guess? Back on topic, I didn't know balloon fight was a joust clone, pretty fun game. I'm going to give Zelda 2 another chance, but I remember not really liking it.

Great, downloaded mine. This should be fine for a couple of hours. I'm really looking forward to the GBA games though, anyone have the full list of games we're getting?

bread's done
Back