mrsamsa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
NEW - July 27th, 9am PT – July 29th 9pm PT

Colors! 3D - $3.99 (info)

Metacritic page: http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/colors!-3d

9am PT 13th July to 9pm PT 15th July

Mighty Switch Force - $2.99 (regular $5.99)
Metacritic page: http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/mighty-switch-force!
Official Site: http://micro.wayforward.com/mightyswitchforce/

Previous Deals:

July 5th - 8th
The 3DS download title Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword is on sale for the weekend for 5$, from 7$. While it may not seem like much of a deal it's only available from the eShop, so this is the best you'll get. No link as there isn't one, except through the eShop. Here's the metacritic page, though: http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/sakura-samurai-art-of-the-sword

9am PT 20th July to 9pm PT 22th July
Mario's Picross (Gameboy Virtual Console - $2.99 (regular $3.99)
Nintendolife review: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/07/marios_picross_3dsvc

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AgentW']is it similar to okami at all? kinda looks like it from screenshots.[/QUOTE]

It's nothing like Okami, it's probably closer to Punch Out in a way in terms of the meat of the gameplay. Pretty good game though, but also fairly challenging as well if you lack the patience to play it properly. (i.e. don't go in swords flailing expecting to win)

I cant stand DLC because of DRM.. but 5 bucks doesn't sound too bad. I think i heard ds/3ds is the worst with DRM issues though. Can you transfer your games from system to system or is it still locked to only the DL system?

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']I cant stand DLC because of DRM.. but 5 bucks doesn't sound too bad. I think i heard ds/3ds is the worst with DRM issues though. Can you transfer your games from system to system or is it still locked to only the DL system?

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, thanks to a firmware update. Here's an article on it if you want more info.

http://www.gamesradar.com/transfer-all-your-data-one-3ds-another/

Thanks for the link. Will be good for travelling!!
travel

I changed the OP to be a general, updatable eShop thread, as no one else seems to have done that.

This weekend's deal is Mighty Switch Force. Details in OP

[quote name='mrsamsa']I changed the OP to be a general, updatable eShop thread, as no one else seems to have done that.

This weekend's deal is Mighty Switch Force. Details in OP[/QUOTE]

You have to check the option to wikify the thread if you want to give others the ability to edit it. And this is a great price on a fun game, but I'm not sure I want to spend money on it in case it's ever offered as a reward on Club Nintendo. :(

I actually played all the way through MSF, which is very rare for me. That was before they added new levels. It's a good pick up and play type of game if you're into puzzle platformers. $3 is a good deal.

Once again Nintendo is the last one to cross the finish line on the most basic stuff. That shop design is still terrible though.

As for the actual game, I have been disappointed by every Wayforward game I've played but this cheap, I may still try.

[quote name='AgentW']is it similar to okami at all? kinda looks like it from screenshots.[/QUOTE]

How in the fuck did you get Okami out of all this

[quote name='Rsmobile']Once again Nintendo is the last one to cross the finish line on the most basic stuff. That shop design is still terrible though.

As for the actual game, I have been disappointed by every Wayforward game I've played but this cheap, I may still try.[/QUOTE]

Opposite for me: they're the best devs eshop has to offer

[quote name='sukTHEfac']How in the fuck did you get Okami out of all this[/QUOTE]

They were asking about last weeks game, Sakura Samurai.

[quote name='Rsmobile']I have been disappointed by every Wayforward game I've played[/QUOTE]

You son of a bitch.

fuck, wish I didn't buy this a few weeks ago before I knew about these sales. It's definitely not worth full price but it's kind of fun despite being incredibly short.

[quote name='Blade']You have to check the option to wikify the thread if you want to give others the ability to edit it. And this is a great price on a fun game, but I'm not sure I want to spend money on it in case it's ever offered as a reward on Club Nintendo. :([/QUOTE]

All of Club Nintendo's free games have been published by Nintendo to my knowledge. So it unlikely you'll ever see a Wayforward game for free unless things change.

Here's a list that DavidDayton made of all the Nintendo published titles available digitally.

Pretty good game, though short. But it's $3, and they recently added some levels as free DLC. In other words, I'd recommend the game for this price.

I havn't bothered with any of these deals of the weekend yet, but how will the price show up in the eshop? I mean, I know it says 9pm pacific, but its already 1am central (which I think would be 2 hours after 9pm pacfic) and it still says $5.99 for me

EDIT: disregard previous; I should sleep :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ 9 am Pacific. Weekend sales start on Friday morning.

EDIT: Also it will have it's own tab when you open the eShop. It's usually the first thing you'll see.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']^^^ 9 am Pacific. Weekend sales start on Friday morning.

EDIT: Also it will have it's own tab when you open the eShop. It's usually the first thing you'll see.[/QUOTE]

and now I realize I shouldn't respond to anything on CAG after having been up for 2 days, lol

Weird. I've been pleasantly surprised by every WayForward game I bought: starting with Shantae (which I unfortunately traded in before it became a $100 ebay rarity), Risky's Revenge, Contra 4, A Boy and his Blob, Thor for the DS, and Batman: The Brave & the Bold. Mighty Switch Force is a great blend of an action/ puzzle game. They also added 5 extra levels at no extra cost.

Glad to see a thread like this got made (was thinking of doing one a few weeks ago when VVVVVV was on sale).

Tempted by Mario's Picross being a dollar cheaper. Wanted to try those Picross games out, but I'd rather not spend $20 or more on a game I might not like/understand (mainly, the DS versions). This seems like a good way to be introduced to the game.

I'm a little disappointed since this weeks game was given through Club Nintendo before. Thanks for the info though.

[quote name='Zonic505']Glad to see a thread like this got made (was thinking of doing one a few weeks ago when VVVVVV was on sale).

Tempted by Mario's Picross being a dollar cheaper. Wanted to try those Picross games out, but I'd rather not spend $20 or more on a game I might not like/understand (mainly, the DS versions). This seems like a good way to be introduced to the game.[/QUOTE]

Picross 3D (DS) is $10.89 over at Amazon. It's not $2.99 like Mario Picross is but also not $20 like you suggested. If you want to try out the concept of Picross, there's a bunch of sites with free puzzles. If it's something you think you'd enjoy on the go, I'd definitely recommend Picross (if you can find it cheap) and Picross 3D. I unfortunately do not have a 3DS yet but if I did I'd purchase Mario Picross as well.

Well, back when it was out, it was around $20. Though now, considering it's 1/2 the price, it's a bit more tempting.

I really wish Nintendo would expand the deal to a full week rather than just 3 days, not to mention more than just 1 single game (a la XBLA/PSN). Though I'm just glad they finally realized people like digital deals. & they've been quite good so far, to be honest. If I didn't already have Mighty Switch Force & Sakura Samurai, I would've gotten them.

Nintendo is doing digital sales now? Wow.

This might sound crazy, but: Is there any way to buy these without having a 3DS yet? It would be nice to get in on discounted games that I know I'll want when I do have a 3DS. I'm gonna guess that the answer is "No", knowing Nintendo...

You can only get them via 3DS. I think the only exception would have to be getting games from Club Nintendo as rewards since they give you codes to redeem.

Nintendo is building to the first-of-its-kind downloadable launch of New Super Mario Bros. 2 by letting us download some older Mario games on the cheap. The "Month of Mario," as Nintendo calls it, puts one 3DS Virtual Console game on sale a week, from this Thursday through the August 19 launch of NSMB2.

You'll be able to get Super Mario Bros. (NES) for $4 from July 26 to August 1. Starting August 2, Super Mario Land (Game Boy) will be $3. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Game Boy) will be on sale for $3 on August 9. Mario's Picross (Game Boy as well) will be $3 the next week, starting August 16. That's a dollar off the normal price of each.

That's also a lot of Mario games to play before ... another Mario game!
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/24/downloadable-mario-3ds-games-go-on-sale-leading-up-to-new-super/

Hey, Colors! 3D goes is on special tomorrow. I edited the wiki, but I don't know how to change the title. The thread title should be updated.

[quote name='apathylad']Hey, Colors! 3D goes is on special tomorrow. I edited the wiki, but I don't know how to change the title. The thread title should be updated.[/QUOTE]

Edit OP post, go advanced, change title, save post.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Edit OP post, go advanced, change title, save post.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seems only the original poster can change titles even on Wiki threads, which is why people shouldn't start threads intended to be regularly updated unless they plan to regularly update it themselves.

bread's done
Back