rayword45

CAG Newbie
Games:
Zelda Oracle of Seasons - $4.99 - Ends 6/20
Zelda Oracle of Ages - $4.99 - Ends 6/20
Etrian Odyssey IV - $29.99 - Ends 6/10

All sales end at 9 AM PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OldSchoolGaming4Life']Not bad i guess if you need 15 CN coins! :applause:. anyone know how the 3D effect in this is along with how many stages there are?.[/QUOTE]

The 3D effect looks fairly subtle. As far as the number of stages... I've only played about 10 games so far and I counted at least five different backgrounds.

[quote name='plus1zero']On a lighter note, a guy on Craigslist is selling an aqua blue 3DS with MK7. System only with charger and the game has the case. Asking $130 firm. Good deal or should I spring for a new one?[/QUOTE]My personal rule: If there's a non-zero chance that a gaming product was used on the toilet, I insist on buying it new :lol:

What's new that's on sale right now:

Riding Stables 3D - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 5/21

Coming up:

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons will be on sale from May 30 to June 20 for $4.99 each for the three weeks after after launch. They will normally be $5.99 each. The two games have link functionality to unlock special content if you play both games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What's new that's on sale right now:

Coming up:

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons will be on sale from May 30 to June 20 for $4.99 each for the three weeks after after launch. They will normally be $5.99 each. The two games have link functionality to unlock special content if you play both games.[/QUOTE]

Only if you play both on one console? I don't think I want to play both but I can buy one and my brother the other one if you can link them with different 3DSes

[quote name='eliter1']Only if you play both on one console? I don't think I want to play both but I can buy one and my brother the other one if you can link them with different 3DSes[/QUOTE]

If I remember right, the Oracle games used a password system to link stuff between games, so you should be fine getting them on two different 3DS'.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What's new that's on sale right now:

Coming up:

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons will be on sale from May 30 to June 20 for $4.99 each for the three weeks after after launch. They will normally be $5.99 each. The two games have link functionality to unlock special content if you play both games.[/QUOTE]

Were these two Zelda's much different from each other? Or are they pulling a Pokemon with these games?

[quote name='Vap']Were these two Zelda's much different from each other? Or are they pulling a Pokemon with these games?[/QUOTE]

From what I gather Seasons is more action oriented and Ages is more puzzle based.

[quote name='elyfant422']From what I gather Seasons is more action oriented and Ages is more puzzle based.[/QUOTE]

They're different games that can tie in, originally that was done with codes given at the end of each game.

[quote name='eliter1']Only if you play both on one console? I don't think I want to play both but I can buy one and my brother the other one if you can link them with different 3DSes[/QUOTE]

Just note that they are completely different games with some connections... so playing through both wouldnt be playing through same thing (unlike pokemon games for example).

[quote name='Vap']Sorry for double post, but does anyone have any opinions on aero porter?[/QUOTE]

It's terrible. I bought it just to have all of the Guild01 games, but it's literally the most un-fun "game" I have ever attempted to play.

Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud are great though, as is the newly released Starship Damrey from Guild02.

[quote name='Vap']Sorry for double post, but does anyone have any opinions on aero porter?[/QUOTE]
I really enjoy it. It's like Digidrive and Diner Dash.

i thought aeroporter was fun but it's incredibly difficult. It starts out pretty easy but quickly escalates. I could get by with three carousels but six is too hard to keep track of.

[quote name='Vap']Were these two Zelda's much different from each other? Or are they pulling a Pokemon with these games?[/QUOTE]

They're each a complete Zelda game, but they reuse a lot of the same assets. The overworld and dungeons are totally different though. Think Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. The extra link functionality comes in the form of a final dungeon which connects the stories of both games.

The only thing "Pokemon-like" about these Zelda games is the collecting of power up rings that boost different augment your stats. Some rings are only available in 1 game or the other and some are only available by trading passwords from one game to another. Some one feel free to correct me of I'm wrong

Any thoughts on Starship Damrey?

Also, does anyone think it might go on sale for half off somewhere near the future to fall in line with the Level-5 sale that's been going on?

[quote name='Slade']Any thoughts on Starship Damrey?

Also, does anyone think it might go on sale for half off somewhere near the future to fall in line with the Level-5 sale that's been going on?[/QUOTE]Considering the Guild01 games went on sale, I'm gonna wait & see if they do a sale eventually on the Guild02 games.

[quote name='sadakou']It's terrible. I bought it just to have all of the Guild01 games, but it's literally the most un-fun "game" I have ever attempted to play.

Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud are great though, as is the newly released Starship Damrey from Guild02.[/QUOTE]

I have to cough and sputter every time someone says Liberation Maiden is great. Sorry.

[quote name='Zonic505']Denpa Men will be 20% off (making it $6.40) for one week once the eShop updates later today.[/QUOTE]

Seems like it should have been discounted more considering Denpa Men 2 is coming out next week and is better than the original in every way.

If you don't own Denpa 1 already, you are better off only buying 2. It's not like the games have some epic storyline that connects between games.

New deals for this week:

Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition - $19.99 - Ends 5/29
The Denpa Men They Came By Wave - $7.99 - Ends 5/30

Is that denpa men's lowest price in the shop? Or did it get any cheaper before? Wondering if itll go down further once denpa men 2 comes out

damn it... why do they put awesome games on sale on WiiU but total garbage on 3DS eShop.... i want Zelda to be on sale, Pushmo etc etc...

[quote name='Chrushev']damn it... why do they put awesome games on sale on WiiU but total garbage on 3DS eShop.... i want Zelda to be on sale, Pushmo etc etc...[/QUOTE]
Pushmo was on sale a few weeks ago and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle games are on sale next week.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Pushmo was on sale a few weeks ago and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle games are on sale next week.[/QUOTE]

Yea, Im definitely picking up Oracle games, loved those as a kid on my GBC.

I meant I want Links Awakening, and just overall WiiU has good games on sale every time (it seems), while 3DS is really hit and miss...

[quote name='Chrushev']Yea, Im definitely picking up Oracle games, loved those as a kid on my GBC.

I meant I want Links Awakening, and just overall WiiU has good games on sale every time (it seems), while 3DS is really hit and miss...[/QUOTE]

I think Link's Awakening had a deal when it was released. Might be a while for that to come around again.

[quote name='Chrushev']Yea, Im definitely picking up Oracle games, loved those as a kid on my GBC.

I meant I want Links Awakening, and just overall WiiU has good games on sale every time (it seems), while 3DS is really hit and miss...[/QUOTE]
3DS has a much, much, much larger library on the eShop, so the best items don't go on sale all of the time. Wii U has maybe 12 eShop games and a few more Virtual Console games than that, which means that there are fewer options to put on sale.

[quote name='sadakou']Seems like it should have been discounted more considering Denpa Men 2 is coming out next week and is better than the original in every way.

If you don't own Denpa 1 already, you are better off only buying 2. It's not like the games have some epic storyline that connects between games.[/QUOTE]

So should I hold on buying Denpa men 1, and buy the second game when it goes on sale in the distant future(hopefully) or is the second game worth the full price?

Not to play devil's advocate, but Denpamen was my biggest eShop purchase regret. I'd research the game a bit more before diving in solely due to hype.

[quote name='jtron']So should I hold on buying Denpa men 1, and buy the second game when it goes on sale in the distant future(hopefully) or is the second game worth the full price?[/QUOTE]

first game was good but it was a MAJOR Grind fest towards the end... ALsO you needed to go out to different hot spots to find different people you could use scan codes BUT

People you find at hot spot dies you and bring them back to life

People you SCAN into the game once they are dead they are DEAD (you can rescan them but they restart at level 1)

loved the first game at 10 bucks (got it day 1) 12 bucks is a little harder to do since i heard part 2 you have to walk and find the dungons on the map (they are not marked on the maps)

EOIV is one of those games I'd consider having digital since it lasts for so long. I had only played the original way back when it came out, and then the EOIV demo which I really enjoyed. Tempting...

EOIV is tempting, but I think I'll hold out for a physical copy for $20.

The eShop says the EO sale is through June 10th

E: Added to OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder that the GBC Zelda games are coming later today and will be $4.99 each until June 20th, when they'll be made $5.99 each.

& while not a sale, might as well mention that Project X Zone's Imperial Demo will be coming to the US on Tuesday, June 4th.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'll be picking up those GBC Zelda games, I wonder if you can still get the GBA extras :)[/QUOTE]

what GBA extras?

and can't wait to get these 2 games. wish the Wii U DDP applied to 3DS purchases since I've been buying a lot lately

[quote name='benjamouth']I'll be picking up those GBC Zelda games, I wonder if you can still get the GBA extras :)[/QUOTE]

People who had the Japanese version said it didn't unlock them, but dunno if that the same for the US release.

[quote name='Zonic505']Playing either game on a GBA allowed you to access a special shop.

& games are up now, only 52 blocks each.[/QUOTE]

I never knew about that. Might have to try it out with my Zelda cartridges adn my GBA.

bread's done
Back