3DS Sakura Samurai $4.99 eShop

moothemagiccow

CAG Newbie
eshopsale.jpg

Weekly sales will continue throughout Feb & March

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of getting Crashmo as it's on sale and probably the only game on the list I care about.

Problem is I've never played Pushmo(sucks not being in the sale of last year).

[quote name='Roguestriker']I'm thinking of getting Crashmo as it's on sale and probably the only game on the list I care about.

Problem is I've never played Pushmo(sucks not being in the sale of last year).[/QUOTE]

Pushmo is worth full price, no question.

Picked this up and finding it really hard but fun. Anyone else have trouble using the QR codes on crashmo.nintendo codes? I couldn't get them to work both by taking a photo of my monitor and by saving the images to my 3DS.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Sakura Samurai is good. Crashmo too. But really outside of Kid Icarus and Shinobi it feels like everything "good" on 3DS is "good for a 3DS game."[/QUOTE]

nope. paperbmario ss, re revelations, nsmb2, mario 3d land, zelda oot 3d, cave story, ghost recon, adventure time, fire emblem all examples of games that are great in theircown right. "for a 3ds game" implies that 3ds is an infurior product which is, well, an infurior way of thinking.

[quote name='Kenshindono']anyone played Sakura Samurai? I pretty much never buy digital games but i looked that one up and it looks interesting. Visually pretty for a d.load game too. For $5 i may just say F it and buy it if its any good. Hell how does their Eshop even work. Can you charge the amount direct to a CC or do you have to buy in preset incriments like MS points or Sony prepaid cards?

Any hope Crimson Shroud will go on sale? Im not familiar with Nintendo's eshop so i dont know how often/what usually goes on sale, but ive been curious to try that game out for a while now. It looks really interesting.[/QUOTE]

If you've ever played Punch-Out, specifically the recent Wii game, you'll like this. Gameplay is pretty challenging so if you like to push yourself then this is worth getting into. At first it'll kick your ass, but once you learn the combat system it becomes a fair challenge. Only fault are that the environments are empty with not so great textures.

As a person who wasn't riding Pushmo like every other eShop user, I can say I enjoyed Crashmo a lot more.

Anyways, in for Crashmo already, as well as Ketzal's Corridors and Fractured Soul. Already got Mudds and SS/

[quote name='Kenshindono']anyone played Sakura Samurai? I pretty much never buy digital games but i looked that one up and it looks interesting. Visually pretty for a d.load game too. For $5 i may just say F it and buy it if its any good. Hell how does their Eshop even work. Can you charge the amount direct to a CC or do you have to buy in preset incriments like MS points or Sony prepaid cards?

Any hope Crimson Shroud will go on sale? Im not familiar with Nintendo's eshop so i dont know how often/what usually goes on sale, but ive been curious to try that game out for a while now. It looks really interesting.[/QUOTE]

I would give this game an 8.3/10. Its pretty fun, and a great pick up and play for 20-30 mins and put down. I played every day in my breakroom at work for 2 weeks or so, and it was a blast. The 3D effect is good (not great) but its the same thing (hack and slash) the whole game (which is not a bad thing in my book). For digital content its a easy "would highly recommend".

Crashmo is a beast. I'm stuck on the 5th non-tutorial puzzle, which is giving me more problems than just about any level in Pushmo.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Crashmo is a beast. I'm stuck on the 5th non-tutorial puzzle, which is giving me more problems than just about any level in Pushmo.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised at how difficult this game was. I didn't think that Pushmo was too hard with a few exceptions that kept me stumped for days. I'm only on the third section in Crashmo and I'm constantly having to stop and thing as opposed to Pushmo where most of the puzzles came intuitively to me.

Does anyone know if you can purchase e shop games without a 3ds? I plan on picking up a 3ds xl this month and I wouldn't mind snagging a few of these titles before the sale ends.

[quote name='doodofdoods']As far as I'm aware there is no way to buy these eshop games without a 3ds.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I thought so. Might have to pick up the 3ds xl sooner than later.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Sakura Samurai is now $4.99[/QUOTE]
I have never played a game as short as Sakura Samurai that still managed to feel so very dull and repetitive before it ended. Within the 1st 5 minutes of gameplay, you'll have seen pretty much all there is to see.

I guess that's an achievement in itself, but not a good one. Really wouldn't reccomend that game for more than $1.

bread's done
Back