3DS Street pass where did you get your first hit?

I haven't looked into streetpass yet, but I got a hit with my roommate. :p

I'm excited to go out and about with my 3DS. I go to a university with ~50,000 students so I'm hoping that will increase my odds to run into some people!

I ran into someone while raoming the hall ways at work. I just turned it on because I was so freaked out about the crappy battery life. But I finally got over it and turned it on.

How do you add your hobby, dream and cats vs dogs in your Mii profile? When I met the Mii he spouted off all this info and I just had my simple greeting. I'm the same building as G4 so I'm sure if I roam around I'll find more Mii toons.

The better question is who has met a Female Mii that is confirmed to belong to a girl?

[quote name='nickerous']I got nothing, but haven't really taken it out yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Just waiting for the right case to buy before bringing my 3DS along for errand runs. I have the Shy Guy case for my DS Lite...love that one.

Ive taken it out. Always keep it on my dash while driving or in my pocket while walking around. In about 5-6 hours while out, nothing yet. Sadness.

how close do you need to be to another 3ds for the street pass stuff to happen? where i live, i could easily see myself owning this system for years and never encountering another 3ds. it seems like a mostly pointless feature for people who live in small towns.

i hope they patch in other ways to earn play coins, because at 10 per day, find mii and puzzle swap will take forever to progress through. today i spent all 10 coins on 5 puzzle pieces, and 2 of those 5 were repeats. that is just stupid.

[quote name='trent82']how close do you need to be to another 3ds for the street pass stuff to happen? where i live, i could easily see myself owning this system for years and never encountering another 3ds. it seems like a mostly pointless feature for people who live in small towns.

i hope they patch in other ways to earn play coins, because at 10 per day, find mii and puzzle swap will take forever to progress through. today i spent all 10 coins on 5 puzzle pieces, and 2 of those 5 were repeats. that is just stupid.[/QUOTE]

I believe that would be 100 feet.

In another videogaming forum, someone said there's a workaround to that limit by changing the system date (to an older date, I'd assume). It'll reset the step count but the # of (unspent) coins will remain intact...so you can earn more coins a day. Lather, rinse, repeat. I haven't tried that trick yet, though.

I got one today while going in Boston... probably tagged someone while I was in GameStop in the Purdential Center mall. Not a single person on the subways or even on campus though, :/

Still carrying it around in the soft foamy plastic thing it came in until my case arrives... so sad.

1st one was a friend of mine... then I scored 4 tags at my workplace (I'm a movie theater mgr)! ....I also scored only one tag at the Magic Kingdom when i was there all day yesterday. Surprised me that I would not get more. ....Haven't been worried about battery life. I had it on from 10am to 2am for streetpass mode...took it out to take 3d pics every once in awhile...and it only dropped one battery bar of life.

Got my first wild one today at the mall, someone who was either filipino or latino named Magilly.

Wondercon, thats cheating :lol: One of my old design professors is down there promoting his new comic, The Peck. You should all be nice and check it out if you're down in the bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wished I lived in an area that picked up some on an average per day. I know my first experience is going to be awesome, but it's going to be amazingly depressing afterward when I don't get anything else for a long while. I honestly don't see myself finding a SSF4 streetpass, at least for a couple months. If there's one good thing about the short launch line-up, it's that our chances have increased for that game x_x.

[quote name='lurknomore']a friend of mine went to the Mall of America and scored a $hit ton[/QUOTE]
I meant to go to the MoA this weekend, but other stuff ended up taking longer than I thought. Next weekend though...many StreetPass hits will be mine.

Finally had my first 2 hits today, both at around the same time. It either happened at a mall, a Burger King, or while driving. I have a sneaking suspicion it may have been the 2 clerks working the Gamestop I visited. Oh, and both had SSFIV street pass set up, so that was cool.

I think I may wait to buy one ...
I always had a problem with the ds local/gba linking that I didn't know anyone that had one or was around them to connect with my self.

At least with streetpass all you have to do is be in range.

I took mine to Target Friday and got nothing. Hopefully the mall this weekend will turn up a hit. No one where I live either boooo

My only real chances of getting a hit will be if I go to panera for lunch. I live in the woods basically and unless I bring my 3DS everywhere I go, I wont have good luck. Hopefully I will get a hit soon just to see what it's like.

do you guys know if it works in the case? i have the 3ds case from Best buy ( Rocket-fish ) . do you think it'll still street pass in it? I'm sure it's a silly question. thanks anyways.

[quote name='fullhavok']do you guys know if it works in the case? i have the 3ds case from Best buy ( Rocket-fish ) . do you think it'll still street pass in it? I'm sure it's a silly question. thanks anyways.[/QUOTE]

It'll work

If I can get a hit on Pokemon Black then you guys can surely get a hit on the 3DS eventually. Though judging by the stock of 3DS's here it doesn't seem like anyone has bought one yet. I would try going to a mall the day after Xmas or the week after Xmas if you can't make it then and see what you can get. People won't be buying this thing en masse until after the holidays at least where I live. Try to go to the biggest mall that you can get to. You will have to brave the crowds but it will probably be worth it. If you have an airport or busy bus station around you those might be good places to try as well provided you can get to them easily.

I am thinking I should save my money until holiday season, since I don't like any of the games that are out now and they are expensive I am also really busy with the games that I already have for the 3DS and other systems. I would be willing to wait longer if rumors of a revised version start cropping up though I don't think Nintendo would hint at anything just yet. Hopefully amazon will have a black friday deal for this thing or a special bundle (yes, I am already thinking about BF lol!).

Had another hit today, this time at a Target during my lunch break. It's kind of addicting trying to get these hits ;)

I got my 3DS on launch and only took it out 4/3. Got my first hit at Target in Clifton NJ. Waiting for a thin case before I take it out more. Ordered 3DS Silicone Sleeve and Silicone Protector Black from Amazon Considering 3DS Official Protector I found on ebay. What thin case is everyone using and where did you purchase?

Finally got my first today on campus. Got it this past Sunday and took it out yesterday and today. I honestly wasn't expecting to come across anyone with a 3DS on my campus, but I guess I was wrong.

[quote name='62t']You guys do remember to use the Miis you collected right? You can only use up to 10 at a time[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that once you get 10 you have to use them, but that's cause the most I've ever had at a time is 3...good to know.

[quote name='nbballard']I got one at Best Buy from the demo kiosk (favorite game: PW Demo), and I got one at Target.[/QUOTE]

Is there a trick to getting a hit from the demo kiosk at Best Buy? I've been by one several times and haven't gotten a hit yet from it.

[quote name='Josef']Is there a trick to getting a hit from the demo kiosk at Best Buy? I've been by one several times and haven't gotten a hit yet from it.[/QUOTE]
Well, I've yet to get hit still :)[), but from what I can tell It must have a Mii on the system, have Mii steetpass setup on the 3ds (go into Settings>Data Management>StreetPass Management, and make sure SteetPass Mii Plaza is set) and I think it must be closed in sleep mode. I'm not too sure on that last one so if someone could confirm that, please do. I notice that when I open my 3DS and wake it from sleep it says "StreetPass" in green where the blue Internet bar is. Also make sure that Wifi is turned on.

[quote name='Josef']Is there a trick to getting a hit from the demo kiosk at Best Buy? I've been by one several times and haven't gotten a hit yet from it.[/QUOTE]
I don't know for sure. I just assume it was the kiosk since nobody else is going to be playing the Pilotwings demo.

I just think someone had to setup a Mii on the kiosk. Both of my hits have come from kiosks so far. Hitting up the malls this weekend for some clothes, so I'm hoping to get some "real" hits then.

Took it too Disneyland yesterday pedometer said I walked over 10,000 steps and only picked up 2 people towards the end of the night, I was rather disappointed.

been to my best buy a couple times, targets, toys r us, opening day of the Texas Rangers, a hospital and some more normal places like fast food restaurants and work. still nothing. honestly don't expect it to pick up until the holidays... but damn.

[quote name='skiizim']Took it too Disneyland yesterday pedometer said I walked over 10,000 steps and only picked up 2 people towards the end of the night, I was rather disappointed.[/QUOTE]

You got one more than me when I went to Disney World this past week! :) I was hoping for more there as well.

No pick ups for me in the last 3 days....will be out and about tomorrow so hopefully will get something.

bread's done
Back