3DS: Trade in or Ebay?

I'd wait until GameStop posts their trade in deal for the XL. If it is bad (like offering you under $100 for your 3DS) sell it on Craigslist or eBay.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I have a launch 3DS that's in good condition and has a 2011 SDCC Street Fighter Case. Should I trade it in or sell it on ebay?[/QUOTE]

Generally speaking, stores rarely give a good trade in deal for this kind of thing, I ended up selling my 3ds yesterday, figured I'd better do it before the 3ds XL comes out and value goes down more.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I have a launch 3DS that's in good condition and has a 2011 SDCC Street Fighter Case. Should I trade it in or sell it on ebay?[/QUOTE]

Definitely ebay. Launch 3DS's are ambassadors (assuming you collected on that deal before it expired), which contain great games that are exclusive to ambassador 3DS's. Gamestop won't value that any more than regular, but someone on ebay would.

i have a launch 3ds ambassador in practically like new condition too. i never play it and i traded in all my 3ds games to gamestop already. i'm thinking of selling it on ebay too.

[quote name='iiSaviour']On a side note, what is GameStop's current 3DS TIV?[/QUOTE]

i think 55

prices have fallen on ebay as well

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-3D...=Video_Games&hash=item4d0397aed0#ht_500wt_949

with ambassador ames 10 mins left 0 bids at 125 months ago would got 150 to 200 easy.

you should be able to get around 100 easy out of a 3ds down from around 125 to 130 a few months back..i doubt the XL makes the 3DS to fall

Wow cant belive the prices for systems ... makes the deals i got few months back look super good

picked up a

3ds with tales of the abyss (3ds) World ends with you ds and chrono trigger for 130 (dumped the games off 80 ended up with 50 buck 3ds)

3ds with 5 games for 180 Flipped the 3ds to gamestop for 100 and 3 of the games to best buy for 85 ended up with 2 free games

so mostly when all the reselling was done ended up with a 3ds (under warranty till MAY 2013 from nintnedo) + 2 games for 50 :)

BUT BACK TO POINT

Say GAmestop stays at 55 with 25 addon = 80 for system
Ebay say you sell it for 100 ebay and paypal takes 10% knocking it 90
ebay say you sell it for 90 ebay 10% knocks it down to 81

so is the ebay hassle worth 10 bucks to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chicagocubsfan']The thing is, I want to transfer my games to my XL when I get it. I'm sure that changes the value a little.[/QUOTE]

nah not really many dont pay that much for download games

i had a DSI XL with 50 download games and was only offered 40 bucks more then what i sold the system without the game s for (50 games cost me like 250+) and was only offered 40 for them

I just sold my Ambassador 3DS with a circle pad pro for $150 last night on ebay. Now I ordered the 3DS XL from the site we are not allowed to talk about for only $20 difference out of pocket. If you can give up your Ambassador games sell it in the next week before prices completely tank as the XL is released

[quote name='pvtpyle']I just sold my Ambassador 3DS with a circle pad pro for $150 last night on ebay. Now I ordered the 3DS XL from the site we are not allowed to talk about for only $20 difference out of pocket. If you can give up your Ambassador games sell it in the next week before prices completely tank as the XL is released[/QUOTE]

what is this site we are not allowed to talk about

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Lockerz[/QUOTE]

Now look what you've done. You've alerted the Mods. :lol:
Animated-police-cherries-lit-up-flashing-lights.gif

bread's done
Back