3DS vs. Pokemon DSi Bundle

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
which would you choose?

i am really leaning towards the bundle...i like how they look with the nice matte finish

i just don't really see a + to buying the 3ds right now, besides having a cool new handheld

To be honest? Neither.

my old phat DS is semi-broken and I'd need a new, but spending top dollar on the brink of a system-change? That's not too clever.

They have to go down relatively soon when demand for DSi/DSiXL starts to drop.

And after hearing from CheapyD and a lot of other sources (Garnett Lee from WeekendConfirmed podcast, Mark MacDonald) that the 3DS has this 3D fade in/fade out problem I'd wait until the next gen of 3D-Displays with better display-angle - probably 3DSi or 3DS Lite whatever Nintendo will call it then, probably a year from now my guess.

Maybe you can get a used DS for cheap now.

If you need a new system on the cheap you might try to buy a used DS Lite or DSi, the prices are bound to go down once the 3DS comes out, I am sure you can score a cheap one on ebay or locally on craigslist if that is your thing because people will be dumping them in droves when the 3DS actually hits. The Pokemon bundle is pretty overpriced if you just want a system to play. I paid $119 for a brand new DSi from Amazon this past black friday so you shouldn't be spending more than that. The only reason I purchased it, because my DS Lite broke and I don't plan on getting a 3DS for at least 2 years. I also play my DS every day so having a working system was as must. If my DS Lite didn't break, I would have happily played it for another 2-3 years.

like everyone else said wait. the older ds's will drop in price once the 3ds is out and the 3ds will likely get a newer version in a year as is nintendos habit. 250 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for a handheld just be patient and wait.

bread's done
Back